Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 11:54 PM   #166
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket$ $traight View Post
You say that but they never even won the division. I love the individual pieces but don't you need results to be compared to any of the lines that dominated for a decade?
Blowing a hole in the argument that a good line alone will get you there.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #167
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
For me, McCoy does not impress as an upgrade. So my wish today, barring Bradford, is either:
1st OT Okung
2nd RB Jahvid Best
4th OT Kyle Calloway
5th LB Darryl Sharpton
7th C John Estes

or

1st OT Okung
2nd OT Charles Brown or Vlad Ducasse
4th RB Montario Hardesty
5th LB Darryl Sharpton
7th C John Estes

As with you, every day for me is a new opportunity for a changed opinion.
you think that he could be a good center for us in the zone blocking scheme?
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 AM   #168
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,455
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Blowing a hole in the argument that a good line alone will get you there.
I don't think anyone is saying a good o-line alone will get you there anymore than a good QB alone will get you there. If they are, they should probably rethink it.
__________________
"I'm buying what Scott McCloughan is selling. Count me IN! HTTR!!!"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 03:21 AM   #169
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
Blowing a hole in the argument that a good line alone will get you there.
Whose argument is that?

Last edited by Pocket$ $traight; 03-01-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #170
Impact Rookie
 
tootergray34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 681
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Bradford is not a better prospect than Stafford...sorry.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #171
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
you think that he could be a good center for us in the zone blocking scheme?
Estes might be. Might not. I think he might be worth a low-round shot.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #172
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

So if the Rams take Bradford and the Lions take Okung, then that means one of the two best players in the draft will be on the board when our pick comes in: McCoy or Suh. we'd have no problem trading down, although i'd find it very very hard to pass on either of those guys.

Drafting Suh/McCoy, keeping J Campbell, and drafting an OT at 36 >>>> Drafting Clausen at 4 and an OT at 36.

While there are always good players at the top of the draft, we're garaunteed one of Suh, MCCoy, Okung or Bradford. Hopefully the Rams do us a favor and take Bradford, saving us from ourselves.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #173
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,111
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
... saving us from ourselves.
I hate that phrase.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #174
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,277
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

he's right tho
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #175
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,455
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So if the Rams take Bradford and the Lions take Okung, then that means one of the two best players in the draft will be on the board when our pick comes in: McCoy or Suh. we'd have no problem trading down, although i'd find it very very hard to pass on either of those guys.

Drafting Suh/McCoy, keeping J Campbell, and drafting an OT at 36 >>>> Drafting Clausen at 4 and an OT at 36.

While there are always good players at the top of the draft, we're garaunteed one of Suh, MCCoy, Okung or Bradford. Hopefully the Rams do us a favor and take Bradford, saving us from ourselves.
I would put Berry in there as well. As much as is said about him I still think he's undervalued. He has great football instincts, he's smart and he's fast. He has the brains and talent to make any defense better.
__________________
"I'm buying what Scott McCloughan is selling. Count me IN! HTTR!!!"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #176
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I would put Berry in there as well. As much as is said about him I still think he's undervalued. He has great football instincts, he's smart and he's fast. He has the brains and talent to make any defense better.
Berrys a great player, and if we didnt have so many more pressing needs, i'd be all for taking him. since there's not much risk we will take him, i doubt anyone would want to trade up to 4 to get him either. he'll probably go somewhere between 5 and 10, so if someone lower down in the draft wants him, they wont have to trade all the way up to 4 to get him.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #177
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I hate that phrase.
perhaps i should say, "saving us from the ghost of snyders past," then. however, from what i've read, Allen is a STRONG believer in building through free agency. Unfortunately, in Tampa Bay he was always shackled by the stingiest owners in the NFL. I'm somewhat concerned that Allen will suffer from the same "kid in a candy store" syndrome that Gibbs said he experienced in his first season back in the NFL. Snyders generosity and willingness to spend money on the team is a great thing, but it can also be very harmful when combined with a GM who is "overzealous." Shanahan and Allen need to be aggressive in free agency, but they also need to excersice some restraint. hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes that gibbs 2.0 made.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #178
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 13,111
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
perhaps i should say, "saving us from the ghost of snyders past," then. however, from what i've read, Allen is a STRONG believer in building through free agency. Unfortunately, in Tampa Bay he was always shackled by the stingiest owners in the NFL. I'm somewhat concerned that Allen will suffer from the same "kid in a candy store" syndrome that Gibbs said he experienced in his first season back in the NFL. Snyders generosity and willingness to spend money on the team is a great thing, but it can also be very harmful when combined with a GM who is "overzealous." Shanahan and Allen need to be aggressive in free agency, but they also need to excersice some restraint. hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes that gibbs 2.0 made.
Good post, and yes I like "ghosts of snyder's past" much better!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #179
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 878
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Has anyone heard or is there any rumors of the Skins trading up to #1 to draft Braford? I'm not crazy about that idea but i have a huge man crush on him.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #180
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
So if the Rams take Bradford and the Lions take Okung, then that means one of the two best players in the draft will be on the board when our pick comes in: McCoy or Suh. we'd have no problem trading down, although i'd find it very very hard to pass on either of those guys.

Drafting Suh/McCoy, keeping J Campbell, and drafting an OT at 36 >>>> Drafting Clausen at 4 and an OT at 36.

While there are always good players at the top of the draft, we're garaunteed one of Suh, MCCoy, Okung or Bradford. Hopefully the Rams do us a favor and take Bradford, saving us from ourselves.
I'm with you. If we can't get our favorite OT or our favorite QB, we should scoop up the elite DT who is left over. If we play our cards right, such a choice would smooth our transition to a 3-4 as well as providing greater value for the #4 pick.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.46928 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25