Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #61
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

I would not mine seeing getting a great OT at 4 and then McCoy in the 2nd round.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-26-2010, 08:35 AM   #62
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

nothing is for sure until the picks are made.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:46 AM   #63
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,501
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Of course it's still possible Campbell ends up being the guy. Redskins won't just give him away and they were talking contract extension with his agent back in November/December (talks which apparently are picking up again).

All that said though, my own gut feeling is there won't be a contract extension and Campbell will be traded before the draft
Then who is going QB this team next year if what you say is true. Is Shanahan willing to just start a rookie when everyone wants to win now? Also does anyone know what they think about Clausen? I think if he's there at #4 then we should take him.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:57 AM   #64
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Then who is going QB this team next year if what you say is true. Is Shanahan willing to just start a rookie when everyone wants to win now? Also does anyone know what they think about Clausen? I think if he's there at #4 then we should take him.
The people that have a "win now" mentality shouldn't be and aren't the ones making the key decisions

I like Clausen as a QB, I give Bradford the slight edge but if he's there at #4 I wouldn't be against drafting him...of course, the answer to all our problems is Jevan Snead!!!!! What!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:17 AM   #65
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,633
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Then who is going QB this team next year if what you say is true. Is Shanahan willing to just start a rookie when everyone wants to win now? Also does anyone know what they think about Clausen? I think if he's there at #4 then we should take him.
I suppose we would draft a QB at #4, sign a vet like Pennington or Bulger, and see what happens from there.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #66
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,691
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

What about Campbell and the 4th pick for the number one pick which turns into Bradford. I won't like it but just wondering what folks thought.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #67
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Of course it's still possible Campbell ends up being the guy. Redskins won't just give him away and they were talking contract extension with his agent back in November/December (talks which apparently are picking up again).

All that said though, my own gut feeling is there won't be a contract extension and Campbell will be traded before the draft
Seems to me, the smart thing to do would be to give him a modest extension right now. something no more than 3 years with salaries no more than 4-5MM/year and 5MM in signing bonus money. If they decide to keep him, great.

but if they decide to trade him, having him under a contract like that should help us get more value out of him in a trade since 1) it would appear that we actually wanted him and 2) the new team wouldn't have to worry about negotiating a huge deal with him or fear that he could walk away after only one year.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #68
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Seems to me, the smart thing to do would be to give him a modest extension right now. something no more than 3 years with salaries no more than 4-5MM/year and 5MM in signing bonus money. If they decide to keep him, great.

but if they decide to trade him, having him under a contract like that should help us get more value out of him in a trade since 1) it would appear that we actually wanted him and 2) the new team wouldn't have to worry about negotiating a huge deal with him or fear that he could walk away after only one year.
Exactly what I was thinking, something like a 3 year deal at $5M per. Look for a QB to groom in the later rounds. Address OL early.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:38 AM   #69
Special Teams
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Burke, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 270
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Then who is going QB this team next year if what you say is true. Is Shanahan willing to just start a rookie when everyone wants to win now? Also does anyone know what they think about Clausen? I think if he's there at #4 then we should take him.
Jake Locker ... duuuuhhhh :cool-smil
__________________
"He can run like Jerry Rice and hit like Night Train Lane" 21
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #70
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I suppose we would draft a QB at #4, sign a vet like Pennington or Bulger, and see what happens from there.
What would make you think that Pennington and Bulger are better than Campbell? Hell, are they better than Todd Collins?
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 AM   #71
Registered User
 
Pocket$ $traight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 4,261
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
What about Campbell and the 4th pick for the number one pick which turns into Bradford. I won't like it but just wondering what folks thought.

If you want to win less than 4 games, sure...
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #72
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

My guess is that his agent will insist on a no-trade or limited-trade clause in any new deal
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #73
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,808
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

From Chris Mortensen on Twitter:

I trust what I hear Dr. James Andrews is telling teams - Bradford's shoulder is on schedule & will be strong. Brees' injury was much worse.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 AM   #74
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The people that have a "win now" mentality shouldn't be and aren't the ones making the key decisions

I like Clausen as a QB, I give Bradford the slight edge but if he's there at #4 I wouldn't be against drafting him...of course, the answer to all our problems is Jevan Snead!!!!! What!
"The Future Is Now" was on every page in my season ticket renewal package I received by mail a couple of weeks ago. It's obvious that the future being now and winning now are two different things. It's not likely we'll win now with a rookie QB. Keep that bid going for Snead, just not in the first round. jk
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 AM   #75
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Schefter: "There's no way" the Rams won't pick Sam Bradford at No. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My guess is that his agent will insist on a no-trade or limited-trade clause in any new deal
Well if we draft or sign another starting QB, he'll want to go to another team where he would be assured to be the starter. If Campbells not getting the love here, he'd probably agree to go any team not owned by Al Davis.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.36099 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25