Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #61
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,532
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Mayock is the man when it comes to the draft.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2010, 03:32 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
there are always decent free agent safeties available. not the same with pass rushers. its also one of the least important positions on a team (if there is such a thing as least important player in a sport that requires everyone working in unison).
We've already got pass rushers out the butt now. With skillet lining up as NT we're set.

Daniels, Maake, Haynesworth

That's not a bad front three. For rushers we have Orakpo, Jarmon, and Carter. You really can't beat that. Now if we had Suh or Cody as NT I could live with that too.

The point of what I'm trying to say is we're alright / good in the trenches. A passing team will eat the secondary's lunch for em though. Not only do we need a FA FS like you say, we need a guy on the bench sucking his thumb learning what it means to be a good player.

Everything else should go to the O-line. I just threw Berry out there because we need a FS and if they picked him or Suh up, I can see where they're going. To not get Okung if he's on the board is ignorant IMO.
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #63
Franchise Player
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA.
Posts: 9,443
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Woah watch what you say about McShay. He may just be reading your posts right now (and no I'm not him)

Of course no one knows who we're going to take...but I like Mayock as well
He's good and all but it just seems like ESPN is trying to get those two to argue w/ one another all the time. It's annoying. Just give me the info and shut the hell up. I don't need two drama queen ego maniacs up there. That's why I like NFL Network. They don't play these silly ass games.

And on a side note Hannah Storm looks foolish with her school girl outfits. Although I'd love to bang the living crap out of her she needs to be a little more classy. But boy does she look sexy as hell for a mddle aged women.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #64
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,515
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

im the opposite skinsfan. if you have it, why not flaunt it? and McShay and Kiper are head and shoulders above anyone from the NFLN.
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #65
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's good and all but it just seems like ESPN is trying to get those two to argue w/ one another all the time. It's annoying. Just give me the info and shut the hell up. I don't need two drama queen ego maniacs up there. That's why I like NFL Network. They don't play these silly ass games.

And on a side note Hannah Storm looks foolish with her school girl outfits. Although I'd love to bang the living crap out of her she needs to be a little more classy. But boy does she look sexy as hell for a mddle aged women.
Kiper and McShay agree more than they don't, but just like on any other network (including NFLN) when they disagree it stands out

Hannah is all class...and that's all I'm going to say about that
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #66
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
We've already got pass rushers out the butt now. With skillet lining up as NT we're set.

Daniels, Maake, Haynesworth

That's not a bad front three. For rushers we have Orakpo, Jarmon, and Carter. You really can't beat that. Now if we had Suh or Cody as NT I could live with that too.

The point of what I'm trying to say is we're alright / good in the trenches. A passing team will eat the secondary's lunch for em though. Not only do we need a FA FS like you say, we need a guy on the bench sucking his thumb learning what it means to be a good player.

Everything else should go to the O-line. I just threw Berry out there because we need a FS and if they picked him or Suh up, I can see where they're going. To not get Okung if he's on the board is ignorant IMO.
You think we've got pass rushers up the butt? Lets take a look at our DL, shall we?

-Daniels is 37. We can't really rely on him to be a starter all year, let alone beyond that.
-Maake can't even run right now. He may or may not be healthy enough to play for us at all this year, let alone start
- Haynesworth will be here no more than 3 more years. while he's here, he'll only be on the field about 60% of the time.

Now lets look at our linebackers:
- Orakpo - A beast and perfect for the 3-4
- Carter - doesn't fit our system. he's of no value to us
- Jarmon - will be learning a new position and is coming off an injury. we can't rely on him.

of the 6 guys you mentioned, only 2 can be counted on to make solid contributions in 2010. Our pass rush is not as set as you think it is, not in a 3-4. I feel Adding Suh or McCoy would do far more for our defense in the short and long term than adding a guy like Berry to our secondary. We had the best secondary in the league a couple years ago and our defense still got torn apart because we didnt have a good pass rush. Hopefully, we can trade down or use the #4 pick on Okung... but if we pick up Berry and leave Suh or McCoy on the board, i need to just let Smoot or Matty know they should go ahead and ban me for the draft weekend because i'll be doing nothing but complaining.

That said, my opinion could completely change if we trade carter and end up getting Carriker and a good LB in free agency... but as of right now, i'd rank our team needs as:

1. LT
2. RT
3. DE
4. NT
5. RB
6. OLB
7. FS (Landry isn't a BAD FS afterall... we're just wasting his talent there)
8. QB (Would be ranked much higher if i felt there was a single QB in the draft better than Campbell)
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:45 AM   #67
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,278
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Mayock, Kiper, McShay... does it really matter?

I like all 3, they all have their own opinions and know their shit.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #68
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

This is a bit off-topic, but when are compensatory picks awarded? i know we lost demetric evans and im curious whether we'd get anything for that or whether the fact that we signed dock and haynesworth would negate losing evens. i cant remember exactly how the rules work.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #69
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Mayock, Kiper, McShay... does it really matter?

I like all 3, they all have their own opinions and know their shit.
The one that most agrees with me at the time is the best. Simple formula, really.

Mayock's ability to understand strengths and weaknesses of college prospects, while having a better ability to understand teams strengths and weaknesses than most NFL types (looking at you, Michael Lombardi) is irreplaceable. But ultimately, they all immerse themselves in their work (even McShay, these days), so they all have earned their expertise.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #70
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This is a bit off-topic, but when are compensatory picks awarded? i know we lost demetric evans and im curious whether we'd get anything for that or whether the fact that we signed dock and haynesworth would negate losing evens. i cant remember exactly how the rules work.
They'll be awarded sometime in late March. There's a small, very very very small possibility that the Redskins will get a late 7th round pick
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You think we've got pass rushers up the butt? Lets take a look at our DL, shall we?

-Daniels is 37. We can't really rely on him to be a starter all year, let alone beyond that.
-Maake can't even run right now. He may or may not be healthy enough to play for us at all this year, let alone start
- Haynesworth will be here no more than 3 more years. while he's here, he'll only be on the field about 60% of the time.

Now lets look at our linebackers:
- Orakpo - A beast and perfect for the 3-4
- Carter - doesn't fit our system. he's of no value to us
- Jarmon - will be learning a new position and is coming off an injury. we can't rely on him.

of the 6 guys you mentioned, only 2 can be counted on to make solid contributions in 2010. Our pass rush is not as set as you think it is, not in a 3-4. I feel Adding Suh or McCoy would do far more for our defense in the short and long term than adding a guy like Berry to our secondary. We had the best secondary in the league a couple years ago and our defense still got torn apart because we didnt have a good pass rush. Hopefully, we can trade down or use the #4 pick on Okung... but if we pick up Berry and leave Suh or McCoy on the board, i need to just let Smoot or Matty know they should go ahead and ban me for the draft weekend because i'll be doing nothing but complaining.

That said, my opinion could completely change if we trade carter and end up getting Carriker and a good LB in free agency... but as of right now, i'd rank our team needs as:

1. LT
2. RT
3. DE
4. NT
5. RB
6. OLB
7. FS (Landry isn't a BAD FS afterall... we're just wasting his talent there)
8. QB (Would be ranked much higher if i felt there was a single QB in the draft better than Campbell)
We're talking 3-4 pass rushers. We've also got guys behind the guys you named. Lorenzo and Golston can play on the line. Not to mention, FA just started. You're making my point. We can both name guys we can play in the trenches on a 4-3 and a 3-4 right now. We have no one, and I mean no one who can play LT even half-way decent right now. I would switch up you're list and say these are the most pressing needs:

1) LT
2) RB / OG / C
3) FS / NT
4) LB
5) QB
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:30 PM   #72
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 43
Posts: 4,916
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb View Post
OKUNG! Please!
So what do you propose in the likely scenario that the draft goes Bradford, Okung, McCoy/Suh?

I really don't want Clausen and especially at #4. I'd only hope that if that top 3 happens that way someone is anxious enough to come and get McCoy or Suh and we can trade down.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:44 PM   #73
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Clausen is the only player who i'd have a really hard time accepting, simply because i dont see him as being anywhere near the 4th-best overall player in the draft. Now, if he made it past Buffalo at 9, there's a good chance he'd fall all the way to us at 36; however i think some team would probably jump ahead of us to land him. I've said it before, but i'm really really hoping that Campbell and/or Brennan wow the Shanahans in camp before the draft.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #74
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 867
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Clausen is the only player who i'd have a really hard time accepting, simply because i dont see him as being anywhere near the 4th-best overall player in the draft. Now, if he made it past Buffalo at 9, there's a good chance he'd fall all the way to us at 36; however i think some team would probably jump ahead of us to land him. I've said it before, but i'm really really hoping that Campbell and/or Brennan wow the Shanahans in camp before the draft.
I agree. Clausen scares me. He's def. not worth a look at the overall #4 pick.
36 pick, yeah for sure but i'd say Berry is a good choice if Okung and Braford are gone.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:16 PM   #75
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,636
Re: Mel/Todd Mock Draft 3.0

Would you trade the 2nd for Gaither and draft Clausen with the first pick?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.43120 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25