Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #181
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
OK this draft just got weird reaaally fast...first I don't see SF trading 2 first round picks to move up in the draft specially for a safety even if he's the best but two high players 13 and 17 for only 1 no team would do that unless is for a franchise QB.... but what's even more weird it's the Redskins taking two OT with those two picks never gonna happen... Allen would be cut in his first year as GM with those two picks
you are correct. this was obviously the case of two skins fans trying to pull of something they both wanted for the skins. it would be nice, but no way in hell SF trades up to get Berry.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2010, 11:48 AM   #182
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you might be confusing Spiller and Best. Best has the durability issues, Spiller played basically the entire season with turf toe. Would be very pleased with either one, but I think especially thrilled with Spiller. We'll have CP/LJ to run between the tackles
You make a good point; however, shanahan's system is good at taking 2nd-4th round RBs and making them look like 1st round guys. but i agree, spiller would be hard to pass on, given a draft thats played out like this one.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #183
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think you might be confusing Spiller and Best. Best has the durability issues, Spiller played basically the entire season with turf toe. Would be very pleased with either one, but I think especially thrilled with Spiller. We'll have CP/LJ to run between the tackles
I honestly can't say I've seen him play much. I'm just going by the reports I've read. But I agree with BHA that Shanahan is more likely to take a back outside the first round. I also believe he'd rather have someone who is good at running between the tackles. I'm not sure Spiller is, but I have no doubt you know more about him than I do. No sarcasm, I just don't know anymore than what I've read about him. But I do understand your point. He'd make a great change of pace back and he's a threat to score everytime he touches the ball.

C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #184
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,872
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
OK this draft just got weird reaaally fast...first I don't see SF trading 2 first round picks to move up in the draft specially for a safety even if he's the best but two high players 13 and 17 for only 1 no team would do that unless is for a franchise QB.... but what's even more weird it's the Redskins taking two OT with those two picks never gonna happen... Allen would be cut in his first year as GM with those two picks
Jacksonville used their first two picks on offensive tackles just last year. That scenario is not that weird.

I agree with you on SF not trading up to take a safety, though.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #185
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You make a good point; however, shanahan's system is good at taking 2nd-4th round RBs and making them look like 1st round guys. but i agree, spiller would be hard to pass on, given a draft thats played out like this one.
Spiller was hard to pass on. Although Brown is a slight reach (see Sam Baker), OT was a position of great need for the Skins. The Skins also have the 49th pick in this mock and there should be a solid RB available at that pick who would not be a tremendous drop-off from Spiller. The drop-off at OT after Brown was much more dramatic.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:02 PM   #186
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,879
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
I honestly can't say I've seen him play much. I'm just going by the reports I've read. But I agree with BHA that Shanahan is more likely to take a back outside the first round. I also believe he'd rather have someone who is good at running between the tackles. I'm not sure Spiller is, but I have no doubt you know more about him than I do. No sarcasm, I just don't know anymore than what I've read about him.

C.J. Spiller, HB, Clemson
I'm not expecting Spiller to get drafted by the Skins. The Redskins met with a lot of RBs during the combine and my guess is if they can trade into the 3rd round or late 2nd, that's where they will take a RB. The one guy I've heard mentioned a lot for the Skins is Joe McKnight (who when it comes to durability is the anti-Spiller). Also heard Gerhart, Tate, Hardesty, Best, mentioned.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #187
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Jacksonville used their first two picks on offensive tackles just last year. That scenario is not that weird.

I agree with you on SF not trading up to take a safety, though.
Jacksonville used a first and second last year not two first specially two high first round picks I don't doubt one would go to OT but the other would had gone to a skill position and maybe use your 2nd rounder in another tackle or even the 3rd rounder.

But like I said no way SF trades two first down picks with all the needs they have to grab a safety and they wont take a QB
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #188
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm not expecting Spiller to get drafted by the Skins. The Redskins met with a lot of RBs during the combine and my guess is if they can trade into the 3rd round or late 2nd, that's where they will take a RB. The one guy I've heard mentioned a lot for the Skins is Joe McKnight (who when it comes to durability is the anti-Spiller). Also heard Gerhart, Tate, Hardesty, Best, mentioned.
Don't know much about McKnight but those are some pretty good backs you mentioned. I would be happy with any of them.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #189
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Spiller was hard to pass on. Although Brown is a slight reach (see Sam Baker), OT was a position of great need for the Skins. The Skins also have the 49th pick in this mock and there should be a solid RB available at that pick who would not be a tremendous drop-off from Spiller. The drop-off at OT after Brown was much more dramatic.
so which of the two OTs you picked will be playing QB for us?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #190
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

D'Boyz: so what I douched the pick! In reality this year more than any year there will be trades of players, while in this mock we cannot trade players. If the skins and the 49ers were to make that trade it would probrally include a well thought of player in addition to the picks.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #191
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,840
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Jason_Lame_Canthearya

Steelers FO may accidentally have been on same plane as Chicago FO. Reportedly Steelers FO will be back in time for their selection.

19 min ago via whytweetthis
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #192
The Starter
 
D'BOYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,363
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
D'Boyz: so what I douched the pick! In reality this year more than any year there will be trades of players, while in this mock we cannot trade players. If the skins and the 49ers were to make that trade it would probrally include a well thought of player in addition to the picks.
Which Redskins player do you believe SF need or would take that would make them trade up in the draft? specially in one of the best draft classes according to "experts" in decades... change scenarios for a second imagine SF has the 4th pick and Washington has the 13 and 17 of the draft do u see Washington trading both their high first round picks to move up and get a safety? and what player would u realisticly take from SF to add in that trade... please don't say Crabtree, Davis, Gore or Davis because we all know SF wouldn't trade those 4 players.

Now if your trade had included Washigntons 2nd round pick I think it would had been more realistic but again not for a safety I just think you wanted to help Snyder a little lol and see your team have a fantasitc draft.

I don't see any player Washington has that they would be willing to trade worth those two picks. Maybe Campbell if SF thought it would be their QB for the future but that would mean Was would need to draft a QB in the first round.
D'BOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #193
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,399
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Jason_Lame_Canthearya

Steelers FO may accidentally have been on same plane as Chicago FO. Reportedly Steelers FO will be back in time for their selection.

19 min ago via whytweetthis
It's no accident. They're working on a Cutler for Roethlisberger trade.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #194
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,840
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'BOYZ View Post
Which Redskins player do you believe SF need or would take that would make them trade up in the draft? specially in one of the best draft classes according to "experts" in decades... change scenarios for a second imagine SF has the 4th pick and Washington has the 13 and 17 of the draft do u see Washington trading both their high first round picks to move up and get a safety? and what player would u realisticly take from SF to add in that trade... please don't say Crabtree, Davis, Gore or Davis because we all know SF wouldn't trade those 4 players.

Now if your trade had included Washigntons 2nd round pick I think it would had been more realistic but again not for a safety I just think you wanted to help Snyder a little lol and see your team have a fantasitc draft.

I don't see any player Washington has that they would be willing to trade worth those two picks. Maybe Campbell if SF thought it would be their QB for the future but that would mean Was would need to draft a QB in the first round.
Trade details:
Washington receives SF picks 13, 17, and 49 in exchange for their picks 4 and 37.

By the trade value chart:
Skins picks(4, 37) = 2330
SF (13, 17, 49) = 2510
The draft numbers worked out slightly to SF favor, but I think you throw Carter in, and let him go back to SF and I think this would be a deal that could get done.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:36 PM   #195
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,362
Re: Warpath Mock Draft - Start Time 3/15, 8am

It did include the 2nd rounder...

Lets say they moved up on a trade with the skins for JC plus the first. That solves the qb issue, SF could take that first and draft Okung. However if they did an analysis and felt that Berry is the type of talent that many are saying A-la Ed Reed type of talent then I would say yeah, take him- why? because he would solidfy my secondary for years to come.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35263 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25