Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......


Watching the above, which I stumbled upon during surfing this evening, I had to ask myself, "Would having this guy, tough, determined, and willing to do anything necessary to succeed (ie change his throwing delivery), be such a bad thing? I think he would be a great face for the franchise, able to grind some tough yards when needed, and will bust 90% of the DT's in the NFL in the mouth without a seconds thought. He is that tough, and someone that tough that can throw 60 yards + and is a born leader???? We have to take a chance on this guy.......

I was at first against the idea of him as our QB, but the more I watch him, the more ppl keep saying he can't, yet he still shows determination to win and at least try.......The more I root for him and hope our F.O picks him up, or at least discusses him as an option for the franchises future. I believe that he IS that good, and with proper mechanics, which I am sure an athlete of his calibre can fix, will be a pro bowl QB in the NFL before u know it.

Trade Rogers and Carter for another second rounder to pick this guy up, and u have your OL and your QB taken care of. GO SKINS!!!!
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

We'll see how long this thread stays open, but while we're getting caught up in Tebow-ness, I'll throw this one out there as far as a great video:

__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
The Starter
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 29
Posts: 1,956
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

i wouldnt be opposed to drafting Tebow.

not even a lil bit...
__________________
NFL officiating is BY FAR the worst in proffessional sports. Except no substitutions... worse or not!!


R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

The guy definitely will get a shot somewhere, and I would prefer he be on our team than seeing him in, say, a Cowgirls jersey, and then have him bowling over Landry and Rogers ala Brandon Jacobs style. That would suck, lol.......

I really think he could take this franchise nowhere but up.......nothing but upside.....
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,443
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Good thing that we are talking about Tebow AGAIN.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
The guy definitely will get a shot somewhere, and I would prefer he be on our team than seeing him in, say, a Cowgirls jersey, and then have him bowling over Landry and Rogers ala Brandon Jacobs style. That would suck, lol.......

I really think he could take this franchise nowhere but up.......nothing but upside.....

Dude any QB with his mechanics down and has a keen mind could take this franchise nowhere but up. That isn't such a hard feat once we rebuild the O line. Shoot if Allen was able to totally rebuild the line this preseason JC could end up in the Pro Bowl.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
Special Teams
 
murphy196's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 165
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Yeah, I would love to get Tebow in say the 5th or 6th round anything higher than that is plan STUPID!! Please get off of this Tebow is God kick. This has been discussed in several other threads. Tebow isn't an NFL QB, please move on from this.
murphy196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Dude any QB with his mechanics down and has a keen mind could take this franchise nowhere but up. That isn't such a hard feat once we rebuild the O line. Shoot if Allen was able to totally rebuild the line this preseason JC could end up in the Pro Bowl.
Yup. I think despite all the Tebow/Bradford/Clausen drooling/debate that has been going on around here, the best odds tilt in favor of Campbell making big strides under Shanahan and keeping his job. Hell, Shanahan made Brian Greise and Jake Plummer look pretty damn good.

Then again, maybe Shanny is thinking, "well if I made those bums look good, imagine what I could do with Bradford (or Clausen/Tebow/McCoy)?"
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yup. I think despite all the Tebow/Bradford/Clausen drooling/debate that has been going on around here, the best odds tilt in favor of Campbell making big strides under Shanahan and keeping his job. Hell, Shanahan made Brian Greise and Jake Plummer look pretty damn good.

Then again, maybe Shanny is thinking, "well if I made those bums look good, imagine what I could do with Bradford (or Clausen/Tebow/McCoy)?"
Remember what Shanahan did when he had a good QB in John Elway? Let's go after the franchise QB.
theJBexperience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #10
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
Remember what Shanahan did when he had a good QB in John Elway? Let's go after the franchise QB.
So which of these four is that guy in your opinion? I think Bradford is the safest bet. After him it's a crapshoot IMO, and I don't there's any way St. Louis passes on him.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,320
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
.....I think he would be a great face for the franchise, able to grind some tough yards when needed, and will bust 90% of the DT's in the NFL in the mouth without a seconds thought.
-Tim Tebow CAN believe it's not butter.
-Tim Tebow can divide by zero.
-Tim Tebow's hand is the only hand that beats a Royal Flush.
-Tim Tebow has 12 moons. One of those moons is the Earth.
-Tim Tebow doesn't throw up if he drinks too much. Tim Tebow throws down!
-Tim Tebow caught the road runner, then kicked Wil E. Coyote's ass for being a bitch.
-There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Tim Tebow lives in Florida.

Seriously though, don't buy the hype. Check out :42-49 and see what happens when Tebow faces an NFL rookie level LB. What'll happen when he faces NFL starting LBs? NFL DTs....he'll crumple worse than McCoy at the Rose Bowl

__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 PM   #12
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
-Tim Tebow CAN believe it's not butter.
-Tim Tebow can divide by zero.
-Tim Tebow's hand is the only hand that beats a Royal Flush.
-Tim Tebow has 12 moons. One of those moons is the Earth.
-Tim Tebow doesn't throw up if he drinks too much. Tim Tebow throws down!
-Tim Tebow caught the road runner, then kicked Wil E. Coyote's ass for being a bitch.
-There are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Tim Tebow lives in Florida.

Seriously though, don't buy the hype. Check out :42-49 and see what happens when Tebow faces an NFL rookie level LB. What'll happen when he faces NFL starting LBs? NFL DTs....he'll crumple worse than McCoy at the Rose Bowl
I'm as big a Tebow fan as anyone, but he never ran through defensive tackles. Not sure where Mechanix got that. Also, there aren't too many NFL RB's that run over starting LB's regularly. Tebow is a hard runner with some serious lower body strength. He could move some piles in the NFL, and on occasion he could run through a LB or two. But anyone who thinks he'll dominate as a runner in the NFL like he did in college is smoking something. Also, if he makes it as an NFL QB, I'm pretty sure he'll have specific instructions NOT to take defenders head on, despite what his instincts tell him.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #13
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,451
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Good thing that we are talking about Tebow AGAIN.
Dude we haven't even starched the surface on Tebow. You think the Campbell talks were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #14
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 35
Posts: 12,623
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Tim Tebow doesn't read, he just stares down books until they give him all the information he wants.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM   #15
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: Tebow - More Upside than Downside for a franchise......

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
Remember what Shanahan did when he had a good QB in John Elway? Let's go after the franchise QB.

Franchise QBs are very rare anymore and are often not the ones that are hyped. I smell a possible Carr/Harrington/Ramsey scenario panning out. These guys( bradford, Tebow, McCoy) have always gone into a game being a marked favorite, with a few exceptions. Parity in the league is going to take its toll. Get a Qb that can handle parity and can win when the odds are not in his favor. Why? Because the guy that is going to come here is going to face equal to superior opponents every weekend.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30321 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25