Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #61
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Yeah it seems like they're the only ones that've come up in trade talks. Then again who would want anyone from our offense?
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #62
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

What are the chances that both Detroit and the Bucs snap up the best two O-tackles right before us?
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 AM   #63
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
What are the chances that both Detroit and the Bucs snap up the best two O-tackles right before us?
I would say slim, that would mean that they would have both passed on Suh. I dont see that as very likely. I guess it's certainly possible.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 AM   #64
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

^^ as far as I've seen, Tampa is definitely taking one of the two top DT's, so for a OT to go at # 3 would mean that someone traded up to get in front of us.
I still say Detroit will take a DT, and when they got Simms, that strengthened my impression because Backus is a solid OT, who they would have moved to Guard. Now they would push him to a backup position. However, a lot of mocks have them taking Okung.
All that assumes that St. Louis takes Bradford.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #65
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,395
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

If we traded Haynesworth and Carter to the Lions to obtain the second pick do we take Suh & Okung? or still try to trade down with the 4th pick? I like any option that would land us Eric Berry, I gotta a feeling that kid is going to be special.
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM   #66
Pro Bowl
 
Beemnseven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Virginia Beach
Age: 40
Posts: 5,293
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
If we traded Haynesworth and Carter to the Lions to obtain the second pick do we take Suh & Okung? or still try to trade down with the 4th pick? I like any option that would land us Eric Berry, I gotta a feeling that kid is going to be special.
Nobody in their right mind would trade out of the 2nd overall pick in exchange for 9-year guy who's injury-prone with a questionable work ethic and 10-year player who's had an up-and-down career.

This isn't Candyland.
Beemnseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #67
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
If we traded Haynesworth and Carter to the Lions to obtain the second pick do we take Suh & Okung? or still try to trade down with the 4th pick? I like any option that would land us Eric Berry, I gotta a feeling that kid is going to be special.
If I'm Detroit, I don't make that trade. They just signed Vanden Bosch as a DE, they have a few others as well. I don't give up the 2nd overall for basically just Haynesworth, and I don't know that we could add anymore unless we swapped firsts, or added next year's first, both of which are not appealing options. We seem to be comfortable getting either Okung or Williams, so unless a slam dunk trade offer is made to us I believe we will use our 4th pick on OT. It's pretty hard to imagine a scenario where we trade, up or down, and use the acquired pick for Berry.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #68
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by $xxyRxxy View Post
The risk is too high with Williams. He's got the potential to be a major bust. Maybe Okung won't be any better than he is now but you know what you're getting, and that's a guy who can anchor the line for 10 plus years

Welcome new guy! Drinks are on you for the entire next year! Rules are rules!
Is this your first venture into the Warpath, Rex?
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #69
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

The Other OTs: Trent Williams & Bryan Bulaga
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:23 PM   #70
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,395
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemnseven View Post
Nobody in their right mind would trade out of the 2nd overall pick in exchange for 9-year guy who's injury-prone with a questionable work ethic and 10-year player who's had an up-and-down career.

This isn't Candyland.
You are overvalueing the draft. Recieving a top 5 defensive lineman in the NFL in Haynesworth and a probowl caliber end in Carter for the second pick isn't unreasonable. Name the last number 2 pick to make it to the probowl in his first year in the NFL... It sure wasn't Jason Smith, Chris Long, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush or Ronnie Brown.

Lets not also mention the price tag of the number two pick. It may be kinda steep for the cheap and lowly lions, who have paid this price two of the last five years and it has gotten them nowhere. That deal to me would seem to end up being a steal for the lions. If we traded AH to them and NOT recoup any of his money that we already paid him the lions save a shit load of cash. Stop being so nieve. You are not garunteed to get a player of AH's proven Caliber with the number 2 pick. thats point blank period bro
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:31 PM   #71
Special Teams
 
jdc65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 246
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

If Okung is gone to Detroit, then I think we are in a fix. In my opinion, Bulaga and Williams are not worthy of the #4 pick due to their skill-sets. I believe Charles Brown and Rodger Saffold are as good, or will be as good. If the team cannot trade out of 4, then we should select either Suh or McCoy, whoever is there. I think Haynesworth will be gone, and getting either DT will help alleviate his loss. Get the LT with a traded pick in the early 2nd round.
jdc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM   #72
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Its quiet simple:

-If Okung IS there at 4, and Bradford isn't, we take him, end of story
-If Okung IS NOT there at 4, we trade down, get more picks and draft a LT with that first pick
-OR draft whatever position player we desire, such as Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Jimmy Clausen, Dan Williams, CJ Spiller, to name a few.

HOWEVER,
- IF Okung IS/IS NOT there at 4 but Sam Bradford somehow is, then we have to take Bradford and make him our QB of the future.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #73
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,401
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Its quiet simple:

-If Okung IS there at 4, and Bradford isn't, we take him, end of story
-If Okung IS NOT there at 4, we trade down, get more picks and draft a LT with that first pick
-OR draft whatever position player we desire, such as Eric Berry, Rolando McClain, Jimmy Clausen, Dan Williams, CJ Spiller, to name a few.

HOWEVER,
- IF Okung IS/IS NOT there at 4 but Sam Bradford somehow is, then we have to take Bradford and make him our QB of the future.
If Bradford is there at #4, we'd be in position to acquire a lot of picks, including getting back a 2nd rounder. Otherwise, you'd have spent a first and second rounder, and next year's third or fourth rounder on one position. Not a smart move in my book.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,876
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
You are overvalueing the draft. Recieving a top 5 defensive lineman in the NFL in Haynesworth and a probowl caliber end in Carter for the second pick isn't unreasonable. Name the last number 2 pick to make it to the probowl in his first year in the NFL... It sure wasn't Jason Smith, Chris Long, Calvin Johnson, Reggie Bush or Ronnie Brown.

Lets not also mention the price tag of the number two pick. It may be kinda steep for the cheap and lowly lions, who have paid this price two of the last five years and it has gotten them nowhere. That deal to me would seem to end up being a steal for the lions. If we traded AH to them and NOT recoup any of his money that we already paid him the lions save a shit load of cash. Stop being so nieve. You are not garunteed to get a player of AH's proven Caliber with the number 2 pick. thats point blank period bro
First, I have to ask, Are you Vinny? Overvalue the draft? Really. Can you cite any recent historical example(since the draft went to 7 rounds) of trading a 9 year veteran, or 2 if you really want to claim AC(remember they just got VandenBosch) would even factor in to their decision, for a top 3 draft pick?

I understand your point about the Lions and top pick money, but again, trading down from the #2 spot just doesn't happen very often, again because of the money. Rookie salary cap anyone?

And finally, MS has had one top 10 pick his whole time as head coach. He is not prone to flights of fancy like we fans are. He works with what he has, and yes he did trade up 3 spaces for Cutler, but if you look at what he gave up, it was a 3rd round pick that he had gotten from another team. And it was from 14 to 11, that is exponentially less expensive then acquiring the #2 overall.

Really there are 3 or 4 players whose value would match the #4 overall pick, Suh, McCoy, Okung, Bradford, and on a short stretch Williams (if we don't take him KC will at 5 so he's right around there). One of them will be there when we pick, so we will either take one OR trade down if we can finagle a deal with another team.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #75
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,395
Re: Mayock Thinks Redskins Could Pass on Okung...

^ this trade was suggested on 106.7 the fan last week as a rumored deal that the redskins are exploring. That is why I brought it up. O' yeah below is a link. Don't underestimate what this team can do, because you will always be suprised

Comments on Detroit Lions' interest in Albert Hayneswort - 04-08-2010
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28544 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25