Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #181
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,311
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Joe McKnight might be there at 103.
__________________
Bruce Allen's record in Washington: 28-52
Vinny Cerrato's record: 52-65
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-23-2010, 11:13 PM   #182
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
What makes you think he will be there?
He's got to fall like 7 more slots and no other OT is close in terms of value
Its gunna be close
Yeah it's gonna be close, but the teams ahead of us have greater needs than OT. The question is will Shanahan have the patience and the tempermant to work w/ a guy like Campbell? He's not afraid to take a chance on guys who are talented but have some "issues" (Clarett)
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #183
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Joe McKnight might be there at 103.
He might be there in the 5th
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #184
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,248
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Yeah it's gonna be close, but the teams ahead of us have greater needs than OT. The question is will Shanahan have the patience and the tempermant to work w/ a guy like Campbell? He's not afraid to take a chance on guys who are talented but have some "issues" (Clarett)
Bruce Campbell was the fastest OT at the combine...faster than Trent Williams...he has way more physical skills than any remaining tackle.
So hes dumb...do you guys remember Jacoby?
That guy could barely talk.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #185
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,248
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Yeah it's gonna be close, but the teams ahead of us have greater needs than OT. The question is will Shanahan have the patience and the tempermant to work w/ a guy like Campbell? He's not afraid to take a chance on guys who are talented but have some "issues" (Clarett)
The Vikings could take him at #2....Does he have charachter issues or is he just dumb?

At least, the guys combine numbers are borderline 1st round.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #186
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

I think Minn is set w/ Mckinney and Loadholt but they still might take him. As for the second part, I'm guessing he might not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but as long as he knows who to block, his mental capacity is irrelevant.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #187
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
Bruce Campbell was the fastest OT at the combine...faster than Trent Williams...he has way more physical skills than any remaining tackle.
So hes dumb...do you guys remember Jacoby?
That guy could barely talk.
Yeah he ran an impressive 4.78 at 320 pounds and did a good job in the individual workouts. I like that he's stronger than T. Williams and because of his drop might be motivated to work harder to prove people wrong. the only negative I saw was that he won't give you his all every down (stamina is an issue) but if he comes here, he has huge upside (21) I can't see why he wouldn't be our starting RT opening day.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #188
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallin21 View Post
Yeah he ran an impressive 4.78 at 320 pounds and did a good job in the individual workouts. I like that he's stronger than T. Williams and because of his drop might be motivated to work harder to prove people wrong. the only negative I saw was that he won't give you his all every down (stamina is an issue) but if he comes here, he has huge upside (21) I can't see why he wouldn't be our starting RT opening day.
I only weigh 175 lbs and I could start at RT over Heyer
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #189
The Starter
 
vallin21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vienna Va
Posts: 1,029
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I only weigh 175 lbs and I could start at RT over Heyer
Heyer has been underachieving since he got here, so maybe seeing a fellow Terp come right in and take snaps w/ the 1's will motivate him but I doubt that's gonna happen.
vallin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #190
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 8,102
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Everson Griffen, Campbell, Eric Norwood, Ricky Sapp, any of those guys would be a nice pick in the 4th. Griffen would be very nice.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #191
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Selvish Capers is still there. I personally like him a lot especially considering that he's an athletic tackle that played blind side RT at WVU. I also think he might have done a little zone blocking. He will be there when we pick tomorrow.
didn't even think about brown having been left handed
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:00 AM   #192
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryfuhl View Post
didn't even think about brown having been left handed
That was Pat White. I freaked out though for a second when I saw this video as I thought I had been taken for a fool. But yeah he protected White's blind side for 2 years and Brown's front side for 1.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #193
The Starter
 
skinsnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,248
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

if we dont get campbell, we still need a legit mobile Tackle...one interesting point is that the Saints had one too many tackles and skins have talked to them about that....then they go out today and draft yet another OT in the 2nd....

I know this trade talk is getting old...but at this point, we'd have to consider trading a player or two for Jammal Brown.
To me Trent Williams and Jammal Brown would be amazing, Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell would be pretty good. Trent Williams and some old leftover OT would be ok at best, we will know soon when one of those options is either made or off the table.
__________________
I hate Dallas...Period
skinsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #194
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

For all you Campbell fans:


Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsnut View Post
if we dont get campbell, we still need a legit mobile Tackle...one interesting point is that the Saints had one too many tackles and skins have talked to them about that....then they go out today and draft yet another OT in the 2nd....

I know this trade talk is getting old...but at this point, we'd have to consider trading a player or two for Jammal Brown.
To me Trent Williams and Jammal Brown would be amazing, Trent Williams and Bruce Campbell would be pretty good. Trent Williams and some old leftover OT would be ok at best, we will know soon when one of those options is either made or off the table.
They still need an OLB after loosing Fujita and at the same time they do have a hole at FS. Of course at this point I'm much more willing to part with McIntosh then I am Landry. Landry seems to have finally gotten his act together. That Charles Brown pick threw me for a loop as I thought they already had to many tackles.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #195
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 26
Posts: 12,380
Re: Day 2, rds 2 & 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootergray34 View Post
anybody see that Panthers trade...a 2nd rounder next year for armani edwards...qB from app state! WOW...awful!
He's a receiver for them. They didnt draft him to be a QB. Basically what Pitt did with ARE
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.

Last edited by EARTHQUAKE2689; 04-24-2010 at 01:45 AM.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28014 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25