Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

NFL Draft Central


View Poll Results: Grade the Redskins 2010 draft class
A 14 8.14%
B 97 56.40%
C 54 31.40%
D 4 2.33%
F 3 1.74%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 02:38 PM   #91
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not really a fan of the Austin pick (especially with Snead still on the board! The fact that he wasn't drafted just proves that GTripp is right. All NFL execs and scouts are morons and don't have a clue what they're doing)
This is one of two central tenets for everything I think/do. The other being that Jevan Snead can't play at the NFL level.

Oh no! It appears I have to be wrong on one of these accounts now! I have to be...wrong?
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2010, 02:41 PM   #92
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,614
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
This is one of two central tenets for everything I think/do. The other being that Jevan Snead can't play at the NFL level.

Oh no! It appears I have to be wrong on one of these accounts now! I have to be...wrong?
It appears you're a moron and know nothing about football
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #93
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It appears you're a moron and know nothing about football
Yeah, well, I predicted that Mike Kafka would be taken before...John Skelton!

I also predicted Tebow would be taken before Clausen, but that's just not nearly as impressive as my awesome Kafka foresight.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #94
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just saying how about giving Kelly a year under Shanahan to see what he can do. If he proves to be a bum put WR on our needs list for next year.

As far as comparing him to Mason, one guy was an undrafted free agent, the other was a 2nd round pick. You tell me the difference between the two.
I'm totally for giving Kelly another yr. What I said was I can also see him possibly getting cut. I understand his first year being injured truly should not count against him. Last yr (his second yr) his knees kept swelling. I think he spent more time in the ice tub vs the field. I don't think they even put him on the field until mid season and even then I think he was under used. Why? because of talent ahead of him? I just don't know.

But my main point is I can see the team picking up another WR since it is a partial concern. Heck word coming out is the team knows it has to upgrade the WR spot. Unless some one as good as S.Moss get cut or let go there is no other WR decent out there unless your talking T.O.

Maybe some of you are already working on it but is there any other WR who is on a team right now that might be released who we can wait for other wise I see our WR's as simply ok. Maybe K.Shanahan's passing scheme will make them look better then they are?
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #95
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm totally for giving Kelly another yr. What I said was I can also see him possibly getting cut. I understand his first year being injured truly should not count against him. Last yr (his second yr) his knees kept swelling. I think he spent more time in the ice tub vs the field. I don't think they even put him on the field until mid season and even then I think he was under used. Why? because of talent ahead of him? I just don't know.

But my main point is I can see the team picking up another WR since it is a partial concern. Heck word coming out is the team knows it has to upgrade the WR spot. Unless some one as good as S.Moss get cut or let go there is no other WR decent out there unless your talking T.O.

Maybe some of you are already working on it but is there any other WR who is on a team right now that might be released who we can wait for other wise I see our WR's as simply ok. Maybe K.Shanahan's passing scheme will make them look better then they are?
As I said in the other thread you must be mixing up his rookie year with last year. He started the season as the starter at WR last year, started the first 5 games. He just got benched for being unproductive, his knee wasn't a factor.

He did injure thumb ligaments early in the season but again, the knee was not an issue.

Malcolm Kelly On His Offseason And His New Coach
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #96
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,444
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Just saying how about giving Kelly a year under Shanahan to see what he can do. If he proves to be a bum put WR on our needs list for next year.

As far as comparing him to Mason, one guy was an undrafted free agent, the other was a 2nd round pick. You tell me the difference between the two.
Look at what Shanny did with Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey. Both of those guys performed well above their levels of innate talent (I'm admiring, not knocking, both guys).

He may make Thomas and Kelly look like different players.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #97
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

1 - trent williams
2 - donovan mcnabb
3 - jeremy jarmon
4 - perry riley
5 -adam carriker
6 - te dixon la tech
6- wr ucla
7 - selvish capers

i think i got our order right. im pretty happy with that. i gave us a B.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #98
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,444
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Jevon Snead is sadly a classic example for players staying in school rather than leaving early.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #99
Playmaker
 
over the mountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: baltimore
Posts: 3,195
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

idk i was wondering where he fits in the scheme as well. it seems we have enough front 7 guys that we can platoon positions where we dont have a clear cut starter and rotate for guys like AH when they are tired.

we still have to find a spot for andre carter as well. good thing is we got a few months to see how things pan out. and teams are cutting some pretty good players right now so im thinking our roster still has a few more unknown at this time players to add.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #100
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,456
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Yeah, well, I predicted that Mike Kafka would be taken before...John Skelton!

I also predicted Tebow would be taken before Clausen, but that's just not nearly as impressive as my awesome Kafka foresight.
Tebow over Clausen was much more impressive given that some people thought Clausen could easily go in the top 10 and Tebow would be lucky to make it in the first.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #101
MVP
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,388
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Good Article with comments from Trent William OU coach:

Trent Williams’ position coach addresses the red flags - Redskins Journal
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:09 PM   #102
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsowilso View Post
Speaking of Jarmon is he supposed to be gaining weight or losing weight this offseason? First I heard this offseason the were going to stand him up at OLB in the 3-4 and now I'm not so sure that is even possible or if that it's still the plan? It's more likely for him to gain ten/fifteen pounds and play his natural position at DE isn't it?

The team site lists him as a LB. A 277 pound LB?
Last heard he's shooting for the 260 range, I don't think the weights on player profiles are updated until training camp.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:50 AM   #103
Impact Rookie
 
johno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southwest, DC
Posts: 599
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
^ funny, cause Shanahan said he's our DE...

What I was going to say was that when the draft came around, I really didn't like much of our second day picks, such as Terrence Austin and Dennis Morris. I was like here we go again, not addressing the OL and getting another TE and receiver. But then I noticed Morris will be our FB, and that he's a BEAST blocker. I was just watching Terrence Austins blazing speed and return highlights and thought to myself he reminds me of a poor mans desean jackson; gee isn't that McNabbs favorite target? So now I'm looking at those at the time bad picks, and now think they're really good picks. Now I'm thinking Capers was probably our worst pick. I was watching his Senior Bowl highlights, and man was he exposed worse than Erin Andrews was. He got owned by speed rushers and some power rushers. He'll probably get cut.

I was wondering what everyone thought about who our best pick was who will get the most playing time/ impact besides Trent Williams?
haha ouch. too soon?

but to answer your last question, i really want it to be capers at RT. i know that its a longshot, and i am not saying its the most likely, but thats the player i want to be really successful. not having to worry about LT and RT for the next few years would be really sweet.
__________________
fight for old dc.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #104
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 80,640
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Jarmon will probably play both OLB and DE.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:07 AM   #105
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: Redskins 2010 Draft Class with Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
^ funny, cause Shanahan said he's our DE...

What I was going to say was that when the draft came around, I really didn't like much of our second day picks, such as Terrence Austin and Dennis Morris. I was like here we go again, not addressing the OL and getting another TE and receiver. But then I noticed Morris will be our FB, and that he's a BEAST blocker. I was just watching Terrence Austins blazing speed and return highlights and thought to myself he reminds me of a poor mans desean jackson; gee isn't that McNabbs favorite target? So now I'm looking at those at the time bad picks, and now think they're really good picks. Now I'm thinking Capers was probably our worst pick. I was watching his Senior Bowl highlights, and man was he exposed worse than Erin Andrews was. He got owned by speed rushers and some power rushers. He'll probably get cut.

I was wondering what everyone thought about who our best pick was who will get the most playing time/ impact besides Trent Williams?
Based on the little bit I know (didn't watch the sr. bowl) I liked the Capers pick. Maybe his stock dropped in the sr. bowl & in the combine when teams saw that he isn't that strong. The latter can be corrected. He is a project, probably needs a couple years in the weight room. From what I've read it sounds like he has the athletic ability to make it if he works hard on technique & strength training.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30207 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25