Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Draft

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #226
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

If the Redskins, Dallas and SF end up with 6-10 records who gets the best pick? Who's second? Anyone know?
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  

Advertisements
Old 01-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #227
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Eli untouched, Hall gets burned, and no safety support. A team effort in sucking.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #228
The Starter
 
drew54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: IOWA
Age: 32
Posts: 1,297
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I think the Skins could pick anywhere from 7 to 14.
__________________
No pressure, no diamonds.

Last edited by drew54; 01-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.
drew54 is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:33 PM   #229
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Well everyone except JB who's sleepwalking!
Hahaha I'm dreaming, huh? I thought all his horribly bad snaps this season have plunged his draft projection. Guess not.

Well, if he slips to the 2nd round, we should definitely go for it.
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #230
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,208
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If the Redskins, Dallas and SF end up with 6-10 records who gets the best pick? Who's second? Anyone know?
Tie breaker is Strength of Schedule.
redskins5044 is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:51 PM   #231
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

2011 NFL Draft Order: Bears Spot To Be Determined - The Deep Dish - SB Nation Chicago


The Carolina Panthers will have the first overall selection, as they finished with the league's worst record, 2-14. Three teams follow at 4-12 -- the Denver Broncos, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Buffalo Bills. When this happens, they are slotted in draft order with the team having the lowest opponent's winning percentage on top. As of now, then, the Broncos will pick second overall, followed by the Bengals with the third pick and the Bills fourth.

That's followed by the two 5-11 teams, the Arizona Cardinals and the Cleveland Browns, who get the fifth and sixth picks respectively. Then it gets a little dicey, because seven teams are tied at 6-10. After the jump, here's where all these 6-10 teams will pick (subject to change based on tiebreakers and the result of tonight's game):

Star-divide

No. 7: San Francisco 49ers
No. 8: Tennessee Titans
No. 9: Washington Redskins
No. 10: Dallas Cowboys
No. 11: Houston Texans
No. 12: Minnesota Vikings
No. 13: Detroit Lions

Looks pretty simple, right? But wait, there's more! If the Seattle Seahawks lose to the St. Louis Rams tonight, they will also fall to 6-10, and would likely slot in at the eighth pick, with that pushing everyone else down a slot. If the Rams lose, they'll only be 7-9, and the above order will remain unchanged. That ought to get you started on putting your draft books together.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #232
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
2011 NFL Draft Order: Bears Spot To Be Determined - The Deep Dish - SB Nation Chicago


The Carolina Panthers will have the first overall selection, as they finished with the league's worst record, 2-14. Three teams follow at 4-12 -- the Denver Broncos, the Cincinnati Bengals, and the Buffalo Bills. When this happens, they are slotted in draft order with the team having the lowest opponent's winning percentage on top. As of now, then, the Broncos will pick second overall, followed by the Bengals with the third pick and the Bills fourth.

That's followed by the two 5-11 teams, the Arizona Cardinals and the Cleveland Browns, who get the fifth and sixth picks respectively. Then it gets a little dicey, because seven teams are tied at 6-10. After the jump, here's where all these 6-10 teams will pick (subject to change based on tiebreakers and the result of tonight's game):

Star-divide

No. 7: San Francisco 49ers
No. 8: Tennessee Titans
No. 9: Washington Redskins
No. 10: Dallas Cowboys
No. 11: Houston Texans
No. 12: Minnesota Vikings
No. 13: Detroit Lions

Looks pretty simple, right? But wait, there's more! If the Seattle Seahawks lose to the St. Louis Rams tonight, they will also fall to 6-10, and would likely slot in at the eighth pick, with that pushing everyone else down a slot. If the Rams lose, they'll only be 7-9, and the above order will remain unchanged. That ought to get you started on putting your draft books together.
So we can get the 9th or 10th best player on the board. Also we'll pick in the top 10 of the second round. Good.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:06 PM   #233
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So we can get the 9th or 10th best player on the board. Also we'll pick in the top 10 of the second round. Good.
Not that this will at all be the same come draft day, as it stupidly will change like the weather, but... Currently Scouts Inc.'s Top 32 in the draft on ESPN has the #9 overall player as DE adrian Clayborn out of Iowa. #10 is Stephen Paea, DT out of Oregon State.

I follow this webpage a lot for fantasy and draft stuff. Pretty insightful most of the time. Walterfootball.com
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #234
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

From the numbers I just ran (which mind you could be wrong) using W/L % and SOS:

We will be 11th if the Rams win.

We will be tied for 9th/10th if the Seahawks win (coin flip).

The interesting thing is that if the Rams win, they're the 4 seed. If they lose, they pick 11th.

Edit: The coin-flip would be with Dallas!
jacobyfan is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #235
Camp Scrub
 
skinsqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Timberville,VA
Posts: 41
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

just said on riggos postgame we pick 11 and dallas picks 6
__________________
Mamas dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys.
skinsqc is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #236
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsqc View Post
just said on riggos postgame we pick 11 and dallas picks 6
How could that be? Both are 6-10 and strength of schedule I believe is also the same and the Cowboys have a better division record than the Redskins. I think they are wrong.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:23 PM   #237
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsqc View Post
just said on riggos postgame we pick 11 and dallas picks 6
That doesn't sound right. This is what I have with a Seattle Win (again, mind you, I did SOS by hand from looking at each teams' schedule)

Pick Team Win Loss Opp_Win_%
1 Carolina 2 14 0.582
2 Denver 4 12 0.516
3 Buffalo 4 12 0.578
4 Cincinnati 4 12 0.586
5 Arizona 5 11 0.469
6 Cleveland 5 11 0.574
7 San Francisco 6 10 0.492
8 Tennessee 6 10 0.508
9 Dallas 6 10 0.516
10 Washington 6 10 0.516
11 Houston 6 10 0.523
12 Detroit 6 10 0.543
13 Minnesota 6 10 0.543

Edit: Table looked like crap
jacobyfan is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #238
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,899
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyfan View Post
That doesn't sound right. This is what I have with a Seattle Win (again, mind you, I did SOS by hand from looking at each teams' schedule)

Pick Team Win Loss Opp Win % 1 Carolina 2 14 0.582 2 Denver 4 12 0.516 3 Buffalo 4 12 0.578 4 Cincinnati 4 12 0.586 5 Arizona 5 11 0.469 6 Cleveland 5 11 0.574 7 San Francisco 6 10 0.492 8 Tennessee 6 10 0.508 9 Dallas 6 10 0.516 10 Washington 6 10 0.516 11 Houston 6 10 0.523 12 Detroit 6 10 0.543 13 Minnesota 6 10 0.543
Does division record count? Dallas has a better one.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #239
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I believe it's W/L record, then SoS, Then Division and Conference W/L, not sure in which order. Dallas having a better record than us in those means they pick later than us.
jacobyfan is offline  
Old 01-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #240
Special Teams
 
jacobyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Age: 35
Posts: 172
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

A Seattle Loss pushes all the 6-10 teams down a spot except maybe San Fran. Any team out of the NFC west will have a terrible SoS.
jacobyfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31953 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25