Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Draft

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2010, 10:42 PM   #16
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,648
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I say we trade cooley for 2 picks to a team who needs a great TE.

I love cooley, but we need ot rebuild, and he's the only one on our team that has any value to him, and we can afford to lose becuase we have a great backup
Bucket is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #17
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Not that I'm thinking aobut the draft...but I'd love AJ Green.
I'd love to draft him too, but he said he's coming back to UGA for his senior year, said he owed it to the program and the fans, after the whole jersey scandal.
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:50 PM   #18
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I say we trade cooley for 2 picks to a team who needs a great TE.

I love cooley, but we need ot rebuild, and he's the only one on our team that has any value to him, and we can afford to lose becuase we have a great backup
The only tradeable players that will get us picks will be Haynesworth, McNabb, and maybe...maybe Hall.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 10:56 PM   #19
The Starter
 
Hail to the Redskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,558
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

What sucks is.... Everything the real talent evaluators are saying is that Andrew Luck is the best QB prespect in 25 years (Elway)...

I KNOW we need O-Line... but man It'd be nice for us to have our own Manning / Brady / Rivers / Roethlisberger / Ryan / Sanchez / Flacco / Bradford / Schaub / Stafford ... something we've NEVER had ....

a guy we draft and he becomes our franchise QB and face of the Redskins that is ours for 8-12 years.... just saying. Think the Bills will take McNabb and our 1st rounder for their pick? hahaha
__________________
“Sometimes it is not enough to our best; we must do what is required.”
- Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
Hail to the Redskins is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 PM   #20
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,221
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The only tradeable players that will get us picks will be Haynesworth, McNabb, and maybe...maybe Hall.
you have got to be kidding me, who the hell would trade us anythhing for hanyesworth after his performance thus far? he has shown his true colors time and time again, someone whos has the ability, but lacks the discipline.

and what would we get for mcnabb, certainly not a 2nd

as far as tradeable players i would say landry and cooley would be atop the list but i would rather keep them and try and get young free agents and keep the core guys we have groomed
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #21
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The only tradeable players that will get us picks will be Haynesworth, McNabb, and maybe...maybe Hall.
Landry? Andre Carter as a DE?
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #22
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,732
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Landry? Andre Carter as a DE?
We've been through this. Carter is not going to fetch any draft picks. Landry on the other hand is going no where. Let's ease up on the fantasy football people.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #23
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
you have got to be kidding me, who the hell would trade us anythhing for hanyesworth after his performance thus far? he has shown his true colors time and time again, someone whos has the ability, but lacks the discipline.

and what would we get for mcnabb, certainly not a 2nd

as far as tradeable players i would say landry and cooley would be atop the list but i would rather keep them and try and get young free agents and keep the core guys we have groomed
I'm sure the Texans and their non-existent pass rush would love to have him. Unfortunately this whole 3-4 debacle has made him cheap goods, so the team will have to settle for low compensation. I would rather see him get traded for a low round pick, rather than than to cut him.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 11-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #24
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,397
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
We've been through this. Carter is not going to fetch any draft picks. Landry on the other hand is going no where. Let's ease up on the fantasy football people.
Agreed, which is why I said players that are tradeable and not some fantasy/Madden idea.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 01:49 AM   #25
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,141
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I don't think we're quite out of it yet, but I always like to talk draft, and as usual, I'll say draft O-linemen early and often. Shanny has proven that he can win with pedestrian RBs once his O-line is solid.
SouperMeister is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #26
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,222
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
I'd love to draft him too, but he said he's coming back to UGA for his senior year, said he owed it to the program and the fans, after the whole jersey scandal.
I don't believe that. He doesn't owe them anything.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 04:30 AM   #27
Impact Rookie
 
tdSKINS1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Altavista Virginia
Age: 25
Posts: 711
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

AJ Green is so sick
__________________
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM   #28
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,959
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Que?
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back

As for the draft, I think they go DE in the first round (depending on where they draft) and I'm going to start touting Ponder in the 2nd round

As for WR, I'm curious to know what their plans for Austin are, I know they still have very high hopes for Kelly, and they'll certainly pursue Vincent Jackson

As for the OL, i think Capers and or Cook is elevated to the active roster. The big questions are on the right side-will Brown be healthy and will we hold onto him, and one that we have all forgotten about, is Big Mike Williams ready to come back and reclaim his starting RG job. All indications are that he may just be
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:34 AM   #29
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't believe that. He doesn't owe them anything.
Green hasn’t made decision about future - University Of Georgia - Macon.com

I guess he said that in the past and is now uncertain.
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #30
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: 2011 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back

As for the draft, I think they go DE in the first round (depending on where they draft) and I'm going to start touting Ponder in the 2nd round

As for WR, I'm curious to know what their plans for Austin are, I know they still have very high hopes for Kelly, and they'll certainly pursue Vincent Jackson

As for the OL, i think Capers and or Cook is elevated to the active roster. The big questions are on the right side-will Brown be healthy and will we hold onto him, and one that we have all forgotten about, is Big Mike Williams ready to come back and reclaim his starting RG job. All indications are that he may just be
Interesting, DE in first round. Think that's higher priority than nose? (assuming a good NT is there)
freddyg12 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.64837 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25