Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 02:48 AM   #61
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think him getting suspended was stupid. It was given to him. I would think it was mine and do what I wanted with it too. Who the hell gives someone something and then punishes them for selling it?!
Someone wo wants to punish him for something, but can't find anything better then what they found. He must have been pulling a "Will Hill" and the school doesn't want either they or him to be embarrassed so they cooked up some other lame excuse.

Edit: Sour.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #62
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Someone wo wants to punish him for something, but can't find anything better then what they found. He must have been pulling a "Will Hill" and the school doesn't want either they or him to be embarrassed so they cooked up some other lame excuse.

Edit: Sour.
I haven't heard about the who will hill story but saw the thread. Haven't had a chance to sit and read through the who thing, what is the story on him? He do something stupid I suspect?
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #63
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

I am a firm believer that Newton will drop considerably farther than most think. I have read a lot of posts regarding the spread offense, his arm strength, mobility yada yada yada.

But his character is still a big question mark. the most recent focus was on the money that allegedly changed hands for him to attend Auburn. NCAA investigated and declared him eligible based on what they found stating that the wrong doing was isolated to his father and Newton had "plausible deny-ability".

But this is also the same NCAA that investigated Reggie Bush when he was at USC and declared him eligible. Only to see him surrender his Heisman later on for the same infractions.

Lets not forget that Newton left Florida in a cloud of shame, when he was found to be in possession of stolen property, specifically a laptop.

Then he spent a year at a small school in Texas and really did not get any real Div 1 experience until he got to Auburn.

So I don't think Newton will go in the top ten. I think he will be lucky to go in the top 20. He will be there at 10 when Washington picks.

Be interesting to see what happens there.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #64
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I am a firm believer that Newton will drop considerably farther than most think. I have read a lot of posts regarding the spread offense, his arm strength, mobility yada yada yada.

But his character is still a big question mark. the most recent focus was on the money that allegedly changed hands for him to attend Auburn. NCAA investigated and declared him eligible based on what they found stating that the wrong doing was isolated to his father and Newton had "plausible deny-ability".

But this is also the same NCAA that investigated Reggie Bush when he was at USC and declared him eligible. Only to see him surrender his Heisman later on for the same infractions.

Lets not forget that Newton left Florida in a cloud of shame, when he was found to be in possession of stolen property, specifically a laptop.

Then he spent a year at a small school in Texas and really did not get any real Div 1 experience until he got to Auburn.

So I don't think Newton will go in the top ten. I think he will be lucky to go in the top 20. He will be there at 10 when Washington picks.

Be interesting to see what happens there.
Yeah, the dude has some Chris Washburn-like history for those of you who followed basketball in the 80s. Like Washburn, he seems to be a decent kid. What is really going to give scouts & GMs fits is that he appears to have the 'it' factor & leadership ability, seems confident & comfortable in the limelight (though that nat'l championship game might've been some of his worst tape this year).
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
I am a firm ... yada yada yada...Lets not forget that Newton left Florida in a cloud...So I don't think Newton will go in the top ten. I think he will be lucky to go in the top 20. He will be there at 10 when Washington picks.

Be interesting to see what happens there.

He could be gone at #9. Dallas needs a QB.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
He could be gone at #9. Dallas needs a QB.
You're kidding right? What, does new big man Mr. Garrett not like Romo?!?
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
freddyg12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,540
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

not to mention, Kitna & McGee looked pretty decent in their time this year. I'd say they at least have a good backup in McGee for a few years. Kitna is old though.

They could draft a qb that high to groom him for a few years, I just don't see them doing that. They could add a few players & get back to contention, but another qb isn't where their needs are.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #68
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,593
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
He could be gone at #9. Dallas needs a QB.
Please, don't throw stones.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #69
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Please, don't throw stones.
Not throwing stones. I said the same thing several posts ago. It was either here or another message board, but it was mentioned that Dallas was either looking to shop Romo or that he might be let go or that his contract was not going to be renewed. In any case I remember the typical... "what do you think... sign him up? He's better then Grossman" statements.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #70
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 82,408
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Romo signed a 6 year deal in 2007. Outside of some silly fan talk, there has been no legit talk of him being dealt.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #71
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,741
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

If we draft Newton, me will be sad.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #72
The Starter
 
warriorzpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,659
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

does anyone have a video of cam newton's plays in the oregon bowl game? Don't really want a highlight video. I want a video to analyze him because so far what I've seen of locker and gabbert in their bowl games doesn't really impress me.
warriorzpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM   #73
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,775
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorzpath View Post
does anyone have a video of cam newton's plays in the oregon bowl game? Don't really want a highlight video. I want a video to analyze him because so far what I've seen of locker and gabbert in their bowl games doesn't really impress me.
Try watching the game at espn3.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #74
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Try watching the game at espn3.
Check's in the mail
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:26 PM   #75
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Re: ESPN Say's Newton To Enter Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Please, don't throw stones.
NO WAY dallas lets Romo walk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.33118 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25