Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 07:21 PM   #106
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eknox View Post
1st DB Prince Amukamara Nebraska

2nd DT Stephen Paea Oregon State
I think it will be a big mistake if we fail to address the outer defensive positions in the first two rounds. We need to either draft an OLB or DE in round 1 or 2. We need an elite rusher who can take pressure off Orakpo.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #107
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 45
Posts: 232
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think it will be a big mistake if we fail to address the outer defensive positions in the first two rounds. We need to either draft an OLB or DE in round 1 or 2. We need an elite rusher who can take pressure off Orakpo.
SkinzWin and I are both on the same train. A pass rusher from the QB's blind side and a center. I wanted Heyward, but after looking at Von Miller.....he'll yeah!
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSkin View Post
SkinzWin and I are both on the same train. A pass rusher from the QB's blind side and a center. I wanted Heyward, but after looking at Von Miller.....he'll yeah!
There ya go. Now all we need to do is to recruit other Skins fans to join our cause to put pressure on the drafting personnel to do as we say, you know, since we have zero influence on the draft outcomes and a no voice in the decision making process... LOL, but its fun anyway. HTTR.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:13 PM   #109
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Initially, I wanted to go defense at #10 and then got into the QB need thing. But now, I am back to my senses and realize that defense is the way to go at #10. Especially if we are serious about running the Steelers defense.

Von Miller might go before we pick and the sad thing about it, he might go to a 43 defense like Buffalo runs. He looks like he's better suited for the 34 defense because of his speed. If that's the case we have to think out of the box to get role players at OLB to set up a blue chip NT. There are good OLBs in this draft, but none of them have Miller's speed.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:35 PM   #110
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
Initially, I wanted to go defense at #10 and then got into the QB need thing. But now, I am back to my senses and realize that defense is the way to go at #10. Especially if we are serious about running the Steelers defense.

Von Miller might go before we pick and the sad thing about it, he might go to a 43 defense like Buffalo runs. He looks like he's better suited for the 34 defense because of his speed. If that's the case we have to think out of the box to get role players at OLB to set up a blue chip NT. There are good OLBs in this draft, but none of them have Miller's speed.
Von Miller would be an even better fit than Orakpo in a 3-4. Considering it's 90% likely Von Miller is gone when we draft, there's still a lot of other great options.

Akeem Ayers isn't suited as a Pittsburgh style 3-4 OLB, but more of a Patriots 3-4 OLB.. Great at tackling and noticeably good in coverage.

Ryan Kerrigan is certainly a natural 4-3 DE, but I would love to see him standing up after seeing the success Lorenzo had.

Justin Houston would be a huge reach despite him being a very good pass rusher.

Martez Wilson will probably go late first round, but I also think he'd be a great draft choice. A natural inside linebacker, but he was one of the top recruits in the country when he was a DE/OLB coming out of high school.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #111
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Von Miller would be an even better fit than Orakpo in a 3-4. Considering it's 90% likely Von Miller is gone when we draft, there's still a lot of other great options.

Akeem Ayers isn't suited as a Pittsburgh style 3-4 OLB, but more of a Patriots 3-4 OLB.. Great at tackling and noticeably good in coverage.

Ryan Kerrigan is certainly a natural 4-3 DE, but I would love to see him standing up after seeing the success Lorenzo had.

Justin Houston would be a huge reach despite him being a very good pass rusher.

Martez Wilson will probably go late first round, but I also think he'd be a great draft choice. A natural inside linebacker, but he was one of the top recruits in the country when he was a DE/OLB coming out of high school.

Also, converting a lighter DE into an OLB, like Brooks Reed from Arizona. I guess what I am alluding to is that there are several ways to skin a cat. Getting hooked on one named athletic player could be a let down when that player is no longer there.

Last edited by juskins; 01-24-2011 at 11:43 PM.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:36 AM   #112
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
Your analyze of him is inflated with hopes and wishful thinking on your part. QBs from Florida universities frighten me.
Jim Kelly
Bernie Kosar
Vinny Testeverde


Oh wait...wrong school....and decade.


I do agree with you about QB concerns with DRAFTED QBs. I'd rather spend these picks on the O-line and LB and roll out with McNabb again.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #113
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Jim Kelly
Bernie Kosar
Vinny Testeverde


Oh wait...wrong school....and decade.


I do agree with you about QB concerns with DRAFTED QBs. I'd rather spend these picks on the O-line and LB and roll out with McNabb again.
I agree with you up to the part about McNabb. I don't think after 10 years with the Eagles he has the quick learning ability anymore to learn an offense completely opposite what he has been doing. His skills are also diminished greatly. I would rather put Rex back in there if we can give him a better OLine. He showed he could make the plays, he just doesn't have a good internal clock for pressure, so if we can keep the pressure off of him with good line play it should give the potential to improve the offense much more than by sticking with McNabb. I don't think McNabb will improve anymore in this system at his age.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 PM   #114
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Jim Kelly
Bernie Kosar
Vinny Testeverde


Oh wait...wrong school....and decade.


I do agree with you about QB concerns with DRAFTED QBs. I'd rather spend these picks on the O-line and LB and roll out with McNabb again.

I was interested in your reply until your mentioning of McNabb!!

Donovan does not fit here if he continues to prepare himself as he has in the past. McNabb is not excited about playing the game for our offense, at least it seems that way to me. You would think that with all the years he has in the NFL, he could mustard up a better performance than what he has presented thus far.

Not sold on him.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #115
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 239
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

I'll pass too. I had high hopes thinking that we'd at least have the ability to score enough points to keep things interesting, but McNabb just never seemed like he needed to work to fit in the offense. It was as if he felt he had enough natural talent and enough years in the league that he could just look and see what the defense was giving and find someone open. Sadly, there's more to running an offense than that which evidently, didn't matter to McNabb. I'd rather deal with Rexy and his pics than deal with McNabb and his disinterest in the offense.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 PM   #116
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Round 1- Jake Locker
Round 2- BPA: 3-4 DE hopefully Cam Heyward
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #117
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,637
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Round 1- Jake Locker
Round 2- BPA: 3-4 DE hopefully Cam Heyward
Isn't Heyward out for like 4-6 months or something like that?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #118
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 45
Posts: 232
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

01/22/11 - It turns out Cameron Heyward's preparation for the NFL draft included a detour this week for surgery to repair an injured elbow. The outgoing Ohio State senior defensive lineman suffered a hyperextended elbow Jan. 4 in the Sugar Bowl against Arkansas. He returned to Columbus with the team that night, but before the elbow could be taken care of by Ohio State medical personnel, he moved on to the Phoenix area to begin workouts at a training facility there. Once in Arizona, it was decided by Heyward's new support group that surgery was needed, a source at Ohio State said. The surgery was done at orthopedic specialist Dr. James Andrews' facility in Alabama, though it wasn't clear whether Andrews performed the procedure. Neither Heyward nor his mother could be reached for comment. How it will affect his participation in the NFL scouting combine at Indianapolis in February isn't clear. Heyward was invited to take part in the Senior Bowl next week in Mobile, Ala., but declined because of the injury. -

Tim May, The Columbus Dispatch...... Not my words but Mr May's
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #119
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Isn't Heyward out for like 4-6 months or something like that?
rd 1-Jake Locker
rd 2-BPA:OL/DL/OLB-/Tyron Smith/Sherrod/Costanzo/Carimi/Love-J.J. Watt/Cam Jordan/Akeem Ayers (Cam Heyward if clears medical)
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #120
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 239
Re: As Is 2 Round Dream Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
rd 1-Jake Locker
rd 2-BPA:OL/DL/OLB-/Tyron Smith/Sherrod/Costanzo/Carimi/Love-J.J. Watt/Cam Jordan/Akeem Ayers (Cam Heyward if clears medical)
I'd be down with that. I'd really love to be able to trade down and still get Locker or have him slip to us in the second. At this point, I still feel that none of these qbs are worth a top 10 pick.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29427 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25