Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #346
Special Teams
 
BuckSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Eastern Ohio
Age: 46
Posts: 232
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

I won't pretend I know, well because I don't. How would this scenario really play out? We can agree that chances are that a new agreement will not be signed before the Draft, but rookie contracts wont be signed before the agreement either. So, what happens, if the new CBA does indeed contain a rookie cap? Will it cover this year's draft class or will it start in 2012?
__________________
"Any Nation willing to give up a little freedom, to gain a little security, will deserve neither, and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin
BuckSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #347
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,479
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

I'll put it this way. Do you think the owners, who are locking the league out over money, is going to allow the new rookies coming in to fall under the same scale that Bradford and crew were under? I think GWB has a better chance at a third Presidency term than that happening. Stranger things have happened though. Kudos to them if they get it.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #348
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckSkin View Post
I won't pretend I know, well because I don't. How would this scenario really play out? We can agree that chances are that a new agreement will not be signed before the Draft, but rookie contracts wont be signed before the agreement either. So, what happens, if the new CBA does indeed contain a rookie cap? Will it cover this year's draft class or not start until 2012?
If the players' injunction against the lockout wins through appeal, the owners will have to create operating rules and a new season will begin, even absent a CBA. There is a good chance that those operating rules will be the same as the rules from last year, even though the owners were not fond of those rules, since the players can't really file a lawsuit or scream antitrust against rules created within the context of a CBA which they signed. So, in this scenario, even without a CBA, rookies will be signed according to last year's rules: no rookie wage scale.

There is no guarantee that things will go down this way, of course. But they could. And this uncertainty alone may make teams wary of trading up into the top spot, the top 5, or the top 10.

If a CBA is signed over the summer, no one knows whether a rookie wage scale will be retroactive. Hence, in this latter scenario, the same uncertainty arises, likely with the same reticence of teams to trade towards the top.

What a mess.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:57 PM   #349
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I'll put it this way. Do you think the owners, who are locking the league out over money, is going to allow the new rookies coming in to fall under the same scale that Bradford and crew were under? I think GWB has a better chance at a third Presidency term than that happening. Stranger things have happened though. Kudos to them if they get it.
Yes, they might, because they know that they cannot be sued under those rules.

Also, don't forget that the current rookie wage scale proposal simply moves rookie money into money for player benefits, etc. The owners still have to pay big bucks either way.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #350
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,479
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Yes, they might, because they know that they cannot be sued under those rules.

Also, don't forget that the current rookie wage scale proposal simply moves rookie money into money for player benefits, etc. The owners still have to pay big bucks either way.
You are right about the injunction though. If that is granted, they would indeed fall under the same rules as last year. I forgot about that part of this whole fiasco going on.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #351
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,657
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

1. Carolina: Cam Newton
2. Denver: Marcell Dareus
3. Buffalo: Blaine Gabbert
4. Cincinnati: AJ Green
5. Arizona: Von Miller
6. Cleveland: Julio Jones
7. San Francisco: Patrick Peterson
8. Tennessee: Nick Fairley
9. Dallas: Tyron Smith
10. Redskins: Jake Locker
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #352
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

^ wow JL at 10, may happen
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM   #353
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
^ wow JL at 10, may happen
If that's where we have to take him, then so be it. As long as Locker is in B&G for the next 12-15 years.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #354
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

^ oh I'm just as big on Locker as anyone else is.. I'd be happy w that
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #355
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
^ wow JL at 10, may happen
Hmmmmm, if only some great prophet had foreseen such an event that would happen when it happens for which......the thing that.........

DAMNIT I ALREADY TOLD YOU PEOPLE!!!

"What do you mean "you people"?

ummmmm....uhhhh?
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #356
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,661
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Hmmmmm, if only some great prophet had foreseen such an event that would happen when it happens for which......the thing that.........

DAMNIT I ALREADY TOLD YOU PEOPLE!!!

"What do you mean "you people"?

ummmmm....uhhhh?
But next year's QB class is better, no? LOL.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #357
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

If AJ Green or Julio Jones is there at 10 and STL calls do we make a trade? I'd say yes in a heartbeat
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #358
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,434
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

We've talked a lot about how we think the first round will shake out. But there are seven rounds, of course, and guessing how others will choose is highly unpredictable.

Instead, how about we play GM? If you were Shanny, whom would you choose over seven rounds?

Here's my plan:
1 Cam Jordan DE
2 Christian Ponder QB
5 Chris Neild NT
5 Noel Devine RB
6 Terrence Toliver WR
7 Thomas Keiser LB
7 Johnny Culbreath OT
7 Justin Rogers CB

I invite others to post their choices. No trade down scenarios please.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:13 PM   #359
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 28
Posts: 16,636
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

I'll play along give me an hour or so lotus lol
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #360
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 27
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
We've talked a lot about how we think the first round will shake out. But there are seven rounds, of course, and guessing how others will choose is highly unpredictable.

Instead, how about we play GM? If you were Shanny, whom would you choose over seven rounds?

Here's my plan:
1 Cam Jordan DE
2 Christian Ponder QB
5 Chris Neild NT
5 Noel Devine RB
6 Terrence Toliver WR
7 Thomas Keiser LB
7 Johnny Culbreath OT
7 Justin Rogers CB

I invite others to post their choices. No trade down scenarios please.
I did this a while ago.

A more different Redskins Mock Draft | April

Would you all take Nick Fairley to play RDE if he's there at ten? He would clearly be consensus BPA, but I think he's the kind of prospect you have to be fully invested in to draft him. And don't see how or why he would be.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28295 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25