Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM   #406
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,429
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
He didn't make anyone on his team better so how is it that he has great leadership skills? His team was sub 500 under his so called leadership. He has the ability(like many others) to make big throws but he rarely does. His accuracy is terrible that is why he had a 55% completion percentage. His whole college career has been mediocre at best. I have tons of evidence to support each one of these statements. Do you wish to challenge them?
I am not a fan of Locker. But he did take a winless team and make it a .500 bowl winner. To that end he did, in fact, make others around him better.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-21-2011, 09:48 PM   #407
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I am not a fan of Locker. But he did take a winless team and make it a .500 bowl winner. To that end he did, in fact, make others around him better.
If they do draft him, we really have to hope that Shanahan can make another Plummer like miracle turn around, except this time he won't bail so soon, because Locker will be on the right side of 30....or the left....but the right side in terms of.....oh f**k it.

Still you look at Plummers numbers when he played at Arizona State (0 TD's and 9 Ints in 11 games during his second year) and for the Cardinals and you wonder how the hell did Shanahan turn him into a pro bowler +90 QB.
Jake Plummer College & Pro Football Statistics - Totalfootballstats.com

Still it's a leap of faith to think that he can get the same kind of turn around with Locker.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #408
Fire Bruce NOW
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,429
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
If they do draft him, we really have to hope that Shanahan can make another Plummer like miracle turn around, except this time he won't bail so soon, because Locker will be on the right side of 30....or the left....but the right side in terms of.....oh f**k it.

Still you look at Plummers numbers when he played at Arizona State (0 TD's and 9 Ints in 11 games during his second year) and for the Cardinals and you wonder how the hell did Shanahan turn him into a pro bowler +90 QB.
Jake Plummer College & Pro Football Statistics - Totalfootballstats.com

Still it's a leap of faith to think that he can get the same kind of turn around with Locker.
You are correct. And Texas-sized-ego Shanny might make that leap, for good or for ill.
__________________
Bruce Allen when in charge alone: 4-12 (.250)
Bruce Allen's overall Redskins record : 28-52 (.350)
Vinny Cerrato's record when in charge alone: 52-65 (.444)
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:56 AM   #409
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
He didn't make anyone on his team better so how is it that he has great leadership skills? His team was sub 500 under his so called leadership. He has the ability(like many others) to make big throws but he rarely does. His accuracy is terrible that is why he had a 55% completion percentage. His whole college career has been mediocre at best. I have tons of evidence to support each one of these statements. Do you wish to challenge them?
Thank you Landry44 for bringing some reality back to this Jake Locker lovefest. I feel the same way you do about Locker. The more game footage I watch of Locker the more I dislike him. His highlight reel of big game winning plays are him running the ball. Look what happen to him in the Bowl game nearly got knocked unconscious when he ran the ball against Nebraska. He will get killed in the NFL if he runs like he did in college. He is not very bright for running with his head down.
Kind of reminds me of Patrick Ramsey, great guy, looks like your frat brother, tough, can take a hit, strong arm, but inaccurate. Just like Ramsey. One major difference is he can run and Ramsey could not.
Locker will not wake up one day and go from being inaccurate college Qb against lesser talent and suddenly transform into an accurate passer against MUCH better talent he will face in the NFL.
Locker is a project and a bit of a gamble. You do not draft a project with the #10 pick. That is a Cerratto move.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:57 AM   #410
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 242
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Sporting News War Room has Skins taking:

1) Castonzo
2) Locker
5) Pernell McPhee
5) Bruce Miller
6) Terrence Toliver
7) Sealver Siliga
7) Chris Stewart
7) Jeremy Ross


Castonzo and Locker? I'm all for it.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:04 AM   #411
Special Teams
 
Terpfan76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cumberland, Md
Posts: 242
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Thank you Landry44 for bringing some reality back to this Jake Locker lovefest. I feel the same way you do about Locker. The more game footage I watch of Locker the more I dislike him. His highlight reel of big game winning plays are him running the ball. Look what happen to him in the Bowl game nearly got knocked unconscious when he ran the ball against Nebraska. He will get killed in the NFL if he runs like he did in college. He is not very bright.
Kind of reminds me of Patrick Ramsey, great guy, looks like your frat brother, tough, can take a hit, strong arm, but inaccurate. Just like Ramsey. The only difference is he can run and Ramsey could not.
Locker will not wake up one day and go from being inaccurate college Qb against lesser talent and suddenly transform into an accurate passer against MUCH better talent he will face in the NFL.
Locker is a project and a bit of a gamble. You do not draft a project with the #10 pick.

It's only reality to you and Landry because you both share the same opinion. Others disagree believing that Locker deserves the benefit of the doubt when you look at the quality of the talent that surrounded him at Washington. If we can get Locker in the second round after taking Castonzo in the first as TSN's mock shows, that would be great in my opinion, especially if you take Locker with the idea of having him sit the first year getting some occasional mop up duty. Locker isn't the guy if you are expecting him to start day one.

As for the Locker/Ramsey comparison, I always like Ramsey and have always felt he got a raw deal considering the sieve for an offensive line we had. He was tough and his teammates respected him and that I can see in Locker. I'd be willing to bet that Locker will have the teams respect in short order by the way he works on and off the field and through his leadership. He may not end up with a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning career, but I think he'll be someone we'll either wish we had drafted or are glad we did draft. Whatever we do, I just hope we get it right this year.
Terpfan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:06 AM   #412
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

^I like the idea of taking a day one starter at offensive tackle. It will help our terrible running game and help protect our Qb. Locker will just sit on the bench.
If we stay at 10 and all the elite pass rushers and Defensive linemen are gone, the few remaining elite Offensive linemen, WR or RB seems to a safer bet, then reaching for a QB.
Stick with what is proven works, elite pass rusher or elite offensive linemen. I would love to come away with from this draft with the next Russ Grimm and Joe Jacoby. They proved you win with any of three different Qb's.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:10 AM   #413
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Thank you Landry44 for bringing some reality back to this Jake Locker lovefest. I feel the same way you do about Locker. The more game footage I watch of Locker the more I dislike him. His highlight reel of big game winning plays are him running the ball. Look what happen to him in the Bowl game nearly got knocked unconscious when he ran the ball against Nebraska. He will get killed in the NFL if he runs like he did in college. He is not very bright for running with his head down.
Kind of reminds me of Patrick Ramsey, great guy, looks like your frat brother, tough, can take a hit, strong arm, but inaccurate. Just like Ramsey. One major difference is he can run and Ramsey could not.
Locker will not wake up one day and go from being inaccurate college Qb against lesser talent and suddenly transform into an accurate passer against MUCH better talent he will face in the NFL.
Locker is a project and a bit of a gamble. You do not draft a project with the #10 pick. That is a Cerratto move.
There you go. A whole drive of passes and one run by Locker to set up a game winning field goal. I suggest you fast forward to 3:40 if you want to know what this Locker kid is all about.


By the way, if Vick can learn to be an accurate passer then I'm pretty sure this Locker guy can to. Just remember 70% completion rate on throws outside the pocket. We run a bootleg, play action, down the field passing system.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #414
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terpfan76 View Post
It's only reality to you and Landry because you both share the same opinion. Others disagree believing that Locker deserves the benefit of the doubt when you look at the quality of the talent that surrounded him at Washington. If we can get Locker in the second round after taking Castonzo in the first as TSN's mock shows, that would be great in my opinion, especially if you take Locker with the idea of having him sit the first year getting some occasional mop up duty. Locker isn't the guy if you are expecting him to start day one.

As for the Locker/Ramsey comparison, I always like Ramsey and have always felt he got a raw deal considering the sieve for an offensive line we had. He was tough and his teammates respected him and that I can see in Locker. I'd be willing to bet that Locker will have the teams respect in short order by the way he works on and off the field and through his leadership. He may not end up with a Tom Brady/Peyton Manning career, but I think he'll be someone we'll either wish we had drafted or are glad we did draft. Whatever we do, I just hope we get it right this year.
Of course that would be great. Just do not reach for Locker at #10.

You talk about Locker's college team not being very good. Yes that is true. But what really shocked me when watching his games from last year, I was shocked at how unathletic and bad some of the competition was. HIs highlights from the UCLA and Cal games in particular, some of the Db's and Lb's looked worse then my highschool teamates. The PAC 10 last year was not very good, especially the bottom half. Last years Pac10 will not be confused with the SEC. You are only as good as your competition.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 AM   #415
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

ChrisSteuber Chris Steuber
@
@evansilva The marriage between #Redskins & Locker is something I've been saying since January. Shanny gets the QB he wanted in '10 draft.
4 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

JuddZulgad JuddZulgad
@JustinRust Analysts are being sold on the fact the Redskins really like Locker and the Titans might, too. Not sure I buy it.
9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

osman1878 Osman Abdullah
2011 NFL Draft: Mike Mayock Says Jake Locker To Redskins Makes Sense 2011 NFL Draft: Mike Mayock Says Jake Locker To Redskins Makes Sense - SBNation.com
9 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

nfl_alerts FantasyPros
News: Mayock, Gruden say Locker fits Redskins ... Jake Locker - College Player - 2011 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets, NFL Player Rankings and Expert Reviews
15 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:29 AM   #416
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
There you go. A whole drive of passes and one run by Locker to set up a game winning field goal. I suggest you fast forward to 3:40 if you want to know what this Locker kid is all about.


By the way, if Vick can learn to be an accurate passer then I'm pretty sure this Locker guy can to. Just remember 70% completion rate on throws outside the pocket. We run a bootleg, play action, down the field passing system.
Sir Dirtbag59
Locker rushed 12 times for 112 yards in that game. Locker rushed for 84 yards and a decisive touchdown in his final college game. Locker nearly got decapitated running the ball in that game.
Everyone talks about how he is not so accurate as a pocket passer but so much more accurate when getting outside of the pocket. In the NFL the speed of the defenders especially on the edge is so much more than college, Locker better develop pocket passing accuracy or he will get killed if he has to rely on one thing. Thinking Locker is a Franchise Qb at this stage is reckless. We have so many holes to fill taking a chance with Locker at 10 is a big gamble for Mr. Shanahan and his longevity in DC.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 AM   #417
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Sir Dirtbag59
Locker rushed 12 times for 112 yards in that game. Locker rushed for 84 yards and a decisive touchdown in his final college game. Locker nearly got decapitated running the ball in that game.
Everyone talks about how he is not so accurate as a pocket passer but so much more accurate when getting outside of the pocket. In the NFL the speed of the defenders is so much more than college, Locker better develop pocket passing accuracy or he will get killed.
Why is everyone knighting me today? You're like the 12th person to call me Sir.

And I agree on the need for him to develop as a pocket passer. I don't go into this prediction/desire for Locker without reservations but I certainly don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to develop that skill at the next level. Plus if the Redskins have done all this work since week 8 and decided that Locker is their guy that should at least say something about how he projects at the next level in this system.

Still while NFL defenses will make it significantly harder for QB's to gain yards on the ground it's still hard to get to QB's on designed play action. Especially when you have tackles like Trent Williams leading the way. Also the right side won't be shabby either with Brown or Harris manning the RT spot. Every Shanahan QB has had great success getting to the edges on bootlegs and rollouts....except McNabb but thats beside the point.

I mean if Schuab can get outside the pocket then I'm pretty sure that Locker can get there to.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 AM   #418
Playmaker
 
Defensewins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,001
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Why is everyone knighting me today? You're like the 12th person to call me Sir.

And I agree on the need for him to develop as a pocket passer. I don't go into this prediction/desire for Locker without reservations but I certainly don't think it's unrealistic to expect him to develop that skill at the next level. Plus if the Redskins have done all this work since week 8 and decided that Locker is their guy that should at least say something about how he projects at the next level in this system.

Still while NFL defenses will make it significantly harder for QB's to gain yards on the ground it's still hard to get to QB's on designed play action. Especially when you have tackles like Trent Williams leading the way. Also the right side won't be shabby either with Brown or Harris manning the RT spot. Every Shanahan QB has had great success getting to the edges on bootlegs and rollouts....except McNabb but thats beside the point.

I mean if Schuab can get outside the pocket then I'm pretty sure that Locker can get there to.
Mcnabb was running for his life behind our line last year. I was not very impressed with Brown. I would not be so quick to lay all the blame on Mcnabb who was playing in a new system for him. I do not hate Locker and I would be ok with us taking further down the draft. He is a reach at 10. That is all. Reaching when you have so many other holes to fill is a Ceratto move.
We are not a Qb away from being good. This is a deep draft and we should get a day one starter at 10. Not a project roll of the dice. Not at 10 please.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:53 AM   #419
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Mcnabb was running for his life behind our line last year. I was not very impressed with Brown. I would not be so quick to lay all the blame on Mcnabb who was playing in a new system for him. I do not hate Locker and I would be ok with us taking further down the draft. He is a reach at 10. That is all. Reaching when you have so many other holes to fill is a Ceratto move.
We are not a Qb away from being good.
Agreed, but you don't draft a QB to be good that year. You draft a QB to be good 3 or 4 years down the road.

Lineman can be drafted and added in between and get up to speed much quicker (how many weeks, not years but weeks, did it take for Trent to get good enough to hold off Pro Bowl pass rushers). Bottom line if you see your franchise QB you take him. Maybe you can manage a quick trade down but you don't play fast and loose with a guy you see as your QB of the future.

Look at it this way. Without a QB of the future you're going to have to worry about the Skins taking a QB instead of a trench player for the next 2 or 3 years. You will never get any sleep. Even if Locker is a total bust the team will stay away from drafting the QB position for the next few years and instead focus on front 7 defenders, lineman, and other positions.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:02 AM   #420
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,750
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Thats my Quarterback :'(
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35279 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25