Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 05:19 PM   #106
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Even if that is true, we don't have much of a use for Quinn. Our use of Lorenzo Alexander as an OLB in Jim Haslett's 3-4 defense indicates to me that our second OLB is primarily a run defender/pocket collapser rather than a speedy pass rusher.

To me Quinn is a speed guy. He is 10 lbs lighter while being 3 inches taller than alexander, which doesn't fit the mold as to what will get playing time opposite Rak.

Honestly though, I don't believe in Quinn at all. He has sat out a year, but more importantly his production wasn't really even that good. He had two forced fumbles, zero interceptions, and only 35 solo tackles. Even more importantly, look at who he had sacks against. 1-Citadel, 2-East Carolina, 3-UVA, 3-Duke, 1-Georgia Southern, 1-BC. He failed to rack up any sacks against Uconn, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, NC State, and Pittsburgh in their bowl game.

His combine numbers aren't even that impressive. To me it just seems that there is no way he should be taken in the top 10.

Also on a side note. Bowers had a sack in every game except for Presbyterian (which he didn't play) and South Carolina. His schedule was harder, and he had 5 more sacks.

Bowers is a top 5 talent that I predict will drop due to logistical reasons. Whoever snags him will get a gift. I really feel stupid for not placing him somewhere in the top 10, but every team I felt had a much bigger need to fill.
I'm sorry but...........
You think the 31st ranked defense plans on drafting guys who only fit what they had this year? Which is arguably absolute garbage? Lorenzo Alexander is a special teams hero and nothing more. Robert Quinn has 10 sack potential, that's what the Redskins should be looking at. Not an over sized guy who's all heart and no talent.

It should also be noted that Bowers will not be an OLB. Teams drafting him would be teams that are looking to put his hands in the dirt as a 4-3 end. It would be a mistake to draft him in my opinion, regardless of how good he is.

Also on Robert Quinn, you're right it's a risk. But I think there's a reason his draft stock hasn't dropped compared to Marvin Austin who was in the same position.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #107
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

LZO is a very good football player but he's not a starting OLB on a good NFL Defense imo.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:03 PM   #108
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
I'm sorry but...........
You think the 31st ranked defense plans on drafting guys who only fit what they had this year? Which is arguably absolute garbage? Lorenzo Alexander is a special teams hero and nothing more. Robert Quinn has 10 sack potential, that's what the Redskins should be looking at. Not an over sized guy who's all heart and no talent.

It should also be noted that Bowers will not be an OLB. Teams drafting him would be teams that are looking to put his hands in the dirt as a 4-3 end. It would be a mistake to draft him in my opinion, regardless of how good he is.

Also on Robert Quinn, you're right it's a risk. But I think there's a reason his draft stock hasn't dropped compared to Marvin Austin who was in the same position.
I agree that Alexander (and our defense) is junk. I just find it odd that Alexander started over Chris Wilson and Andre Carter, two superior pass rushers. This tells us there is a mold of player the coaches are looking for. And I do think that both Haslett and Shannahan are stubborn enough to keep the mold they intended.

I agree that Bowers is a natural 4-3 DE and doesn't seem to translate well into the 3-4. But if he were to seen as too talented to pass up, I envision him as a DE in the mold Mario Williams of Wade Phillips new defense.

And I believe Quinn to not be taken in the top 10, not for the suspension (even though that does add negativity to his stock), but for his lack of production. He beat up on alot of really bad teams, but had zero sacks against any good teams (except for Boston College). His 2 forced fumbles and all his other statics are not overly-impressive whatsoever. He didn't wow anyone at the combine. And to top it off he is rusty from not playing. I just don't see the hype.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #109
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,446
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
I agree that Alexander (and our defense) is junk. I just find it odd that Alexander started over Chris Wilson and Andre Carter, two superior pass rushers. This tells us there is a mold of player the coaches are looking for. And I do think that both Haslett and Shannahan are stubborn enough to keep the mold they intended.

I agree that Bowers is a natural 4-3 DE and doesn't seem to translate well into the 3-4. But if he were to seen as too talented to pass up, I envision him as a DE in the mold Mario Williams of Wade Phillips new defense.

And I believe Quinn to not be taken in the top 10, not for the suspension (even though that does add negativity to his stock), but for his lack of production. He beat up on alot of really bad teams, but had zero sacks against any good teams (except for Boston College). His 2 forced fumbles and all his other statics are not overly-impressive whatsoever. He didn't wow anyone at the combine. And to top it off he is rusty from not playing. I just don't see the hype.
If Bowers fell to us it might be trade down time.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #110
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
If Bowers fell to us it might be trade down time.
Agreed. Same thing applies to Fairley. But something tells me that Dallas will jump the gun first. Their positions of need seem to be of greater value later on in the draft. Except for Amukamara. But something tells me that they will hope from a rebound of Jenkins and the development of their younger guys. Jerry Jones doesn't easily give up on his personnel that others say he needs to replace (see marion barber, julius jones, wade phillips, marcus spears, Terrell Owens, Tony Romo, roy williams, etc...)
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:28 PM   #111
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Mike Shanahan announcing that LB is the top need?

SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #112
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
This thread is getting good again.
Isn't it? You know-it-alls who said Von Miller wouldn't be there last year were singing the same tune about Orakpo. Look what happened... Oakland picks Heyward-Bey at #7! Someone else will make a stupid pick for need over value again and Von Miller will be drafted at #10 by the Washington Redskins!!! HAIL!
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #113
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Robert Quinn will be a Redskin at 10 IMO just have that feeling.. If J.J is there we may take a hard look but we can get Hankerson in the 2nd.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM   #114
Impact Rookie
 
SOUL-SKINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 867
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Robert Quinn will be a Redskin at 10 IMO just have that feeling.. If J.J is there we may take a hard look but we can get Hankerson in the 2nd.
F Hankerson.......... I do not want him on this team. I'd rather Titus Young
or Greg Little. I do want Quinn though.
__________________
TODD COLLINS WILL ALWAYS HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN MY HEART
SOUL-SKINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:47 PM   #115
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
F Hankerson.......... I do not want him on this team. I'd rather Titus Young
or Greg Little. I do want Quinn though.

whats wrong with Hank? Titus is good but he's so damn small we need size.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:59 PM   #116
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 28
Posts: 14,461
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

An interesting fit for the Skins if they can trade down and get a 3rd round pick might be Sam Acho out of Texas. Same size as Orakpo, not as strong (no one's as strong as Orakpo), but might be a little faster.

OVERALL FOOTBALL TRAITS
Production 3 2007: (11/0) 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 sacks. 2008: (13/0) 16 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FF. 2009: (14/14) 63 tackles, 14 TFL, 10 sacks, 2 FF.

Height-Weight-Speed - 3 -Possesses prototypical size for the position along with above-average top-end speed.

Durability - 1 -Durability is not a concern.

Intangibles -1 -Well-cultured and speaks Spanish as a second language. Very good student and active in several different school activities, councils and clubs. Was UT's representative at 2009 NCAA Leadership Council. Active in community service and has done multiple mission trips overseas. 2009 recipient of Arthur Ashe Award, a national award given to minority student-athletes
.
1 = EXCEPTIONAL2 = ABOVE AVERAGE3 = AVERAGE4 = BELOW AVERAGE5 = MARGINAL
DEFENSIVE END SPECIFIC TRAITS

Pass Rush Skills -3 - Lacks elite first-step quickness. Also a bit stiff in the torso and does not have great bend to shave the corner with speed rush. Going to have issues gaining the edge at the NFL level. However, flashes effective power moves and can occasionally rock OTs back into the pocket. Also uses hands well to keep blockers hands off of frame. Does a nice job of staying with rush to register effort sacks.

Versus the run -3 - Plays with leverage when having edge responsibility. Appears to have a strong upper body and uses arms well to lock out and stack blockers. However, lacks an elite anchor and can be engulfed by more massive and powerful OTs. Was seen reduced inside to 5-technique or 4-technique during film study and struggled to hold the point. On the other hand, possesses quick and explosive hands to disengage and get involved in play. Generally a strong wrap-up tackler in confined areas. Overall range against the run is adequate at best. Will have some limitations in space especially when caught in one-on-one situations in the open field.

Versatility - 4 - Area of weakness. Athleticism is good and generally plays on his feet with balance. However, change of direction skills are average at best and maybe a liability if having to play in space. Also lacks the anchor to hold the point if asked to reduced inside.

Instincts/Motor -2 - No question about effort and plays with a consistent motor. Fights to work through traffic in pursuit. Instincts are good but not elite. Can be a second late finding the ball off of play action or misdirection plays. Disciplined working from the backside and does a nice job of closing off cutback lanes.
__________________
"Hey baby, wake up from your a sleep." -Zlad

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 PM   #117
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

What a great outcome this would be:

The Scout's Mock | National Football Post
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #118
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
An interesting fit for the Skins if they can trade down and get a 3rd round pick might be Sam Acho out of Texas. Same size as Orakpo, not as strong (no one's as strong as Orakpo), but might be a little faster.

OVERALL FOOTBALL TRAITS
Production 3 2007: (11/0) 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 sacks. 2008: (13/0) 16 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FF. 2009: (14/14) 63 tackles, 14 TFL, 10 sacks, 2 FF.

Height-Weight-Speed - 3 -Possesses prototypical size for the position along with above-average top-end speed.

Durability - 1 -Durability is not a concern.

Intangibles -1 -Well-cultured and speaks Spanish as a second language. Very good student and active in several different school activities, councils and clubs. Was UT's representative at 2009 NCAA Leadership Council. Active in community service and has done multiple mission trips overseas. 2009 recipient of Arthur Ashe Award, a national award given to minority student-athletes
.
1 = EXCEPTIONAL2 = ABOVE AVERAGE3 = AVERAGE4 = BELOW AVERAGE5 = MARGINAL
DEFENSIVE END SPECIFIC TRAITS

Pass Rush Skills -3 - Lacks elite first-step quickness. Also a bit stiff in the torso and does not have great bend to shave the corner with speed rush. Going to have issues gaining the edge at the NFL level. However, flashes effective power moves and can occasionally rock OTs back into the pocket. Also uses hands well to keep blockers hands off of frame. Does a nice job of staying with rush to register effort sacks.

Versus the run -3 - Plays with leverage when having edge responsibility. Appears to have a strong upper body and uses arms well to lock out and stack blockers. However, lacks an elite anchor and can be engulfed by more massive and powerful OTs. Was seen reduced inside to 5-technique or 4-technique during film study and struggled to hold the point. On the other hand, possesses quick and explosive hands to disengage and get involved in play. Generally a strong wrap-up tackler in confined areas. Overall range against the run is adequate at best. Will have some limitations in space especially when caught in one-on-one situations in the open field.

Versatility - 4 - Area of weakness. Athleticism is good and generally plays on his feet with balance. However, change of direction skills are average at best and maybe a liability if having to play in space. Also lacks the anchor to hold the point if asked to reduced inside.

Instincts/Motor -2 - No question about effort and plays with a consistent motor. Fights to work through traffic in pursuit. Instincts are good but not elite. Can be a second late finding the ball off of play action or misdirection plays. Disciplined working from the backside and does a nice job of closing off cutback lanes.

I dont kow anything about this guy, but from what you just posted he sounds slightly below average in football, above average in life. I dont really care what i guy looks like physically im more interested in how well he can acutally play. He kind of sounds a little like Dallas Sartz.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #119
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,321
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
What a great outcome this would be:

The Scout's Mock | National Football Post
The only change I would make is Cam Jordan as the pick rather than Smith. Jordan is a better fit at 3-4 DE than Smith and we don't need another 4-3 RDE convert to OLB project. Playing experience and injury also a concern with Smith.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:48 PM   #120
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,594
Re: 2011 NFL Mock Draft thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
An interesting fit for the Skins if they can trade down and get a 3rd round pick might be Sam Acho out of Texas. Same size as Orakpo, not as strong (no one's as strong as Orakpo), but might be a little faster.

OVERALL FOOTBALL TRAITS
Production 3 2007: (11/0) 10 tackles, 3 TFL, 1.5 sacks. 2008: (13/0) 16 tackles, 3 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 FF. 2009: (14/14) 63 tackles, 14 TFL, 10 sacks, 2 FF.

Height-Weight-Speed - 3 -Possesses prototypical size for the position along with above-average top-end speed.

Durability - 1 -Durability is not a concern.

Intangibles -1 -Well-cultured and speaks Spanish as a second language. Very good student and active in several different school activities, councils and clubs. Was UT's representative at 2009 NCAA Leadership Council. Active in community service and has done multiple mission trips overseas. 2009 recipient of Arthur Ashe Award, a national award given to minority student-athletes
.
1 = EXCEPTIONAL2 = ABOVE AVERAGE3 = AVERAGE4 = BELOW AVERAGE5 = MARGINAL
DEFENSIVE END SPECIFIC TRAITS

Pass Rush Skills -3 - Lacks elite first-step quickness. Also a bit stiff in the torso and does not have great bend to shave the corner with speed rush. Going to have issues gaining the edge at the NFL level. However, flashes effective power moves and can occasionally rock OTs back into the pocket. Also uses hands well to keep blockers hands off of frame. Does a nice job of staying with rush to register effort sacks.

Versus the run -3 - Plays with leverage when having edge responsibility. Appears to have a strong upper body and uses arms well to lock out and stack blockers. However, lacks an elite anchor and can be engulfed by more massive and powerful OTs. Was seen reduced inside to 5-technique or 4-technique during film study and struggled to hold the point. On the other hand, possesses quick and explosive hands to disengage and get involved in play. Generally a strong wrap-up tackler in confined areas. Overall range against the run is adequate at best. Will have some limitations in space especially when caught in one-on-one situations in the open field.

Versatility - 4 - Area of weakness. Athleticism is good and generally plays on his feet with balance. However, change of direction skills are average at best and maybe a liability if having to play in space. Also lacks the anchor to hold the point if asked to reduced inside.

Instincts/Motor -2 - No question about effort and plays with a consistent motor. Fights to work through traffic in pursuit. Instincts are good but not elite. Can be a second late finding the ball off of play action or misdirection plays. Disciplined working from the backside and does a nice job of closing off cutback lanes.
I didn't think anyone would bring up Acho.. I personally like him and I believe he would be a steal if we could get him in 3rd round.. And not to mention Acho played with Orakpo before, therefore I'm sure Acho will be more than happy to soak in what Orakpo teaches.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38545 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25