Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 PM   #76
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
You cannot be serious, can you?? If he were smart, he would have had radiation treatment after finding out he had a brain tumor. There was a punter who played for Syracuse University that also had a brain tumor and elected to receive treatment for it. The punter is now eligible to play football again due to the fact that his brain tumor is a thing of the past.

The guy is a punter not an impact OLB/DE. A brain tumor is a primary tumor and can or cannot be cancerous. Why is this guy taking a risk instead of having treatment?

A primary brain tumor can grow rapidly and compete for space in the brain cavity. Something has to give! If Quinn is on the field playing and all of a sudden begins to have a nose bleed or faints, what would your take be on it then?

He is not being honest with us. Primary brain tumors can be deadly if not addressed in there early stages. If a team drafts this guy knowing that he has this condition to me is ----ing stupid, not to mention the player.

I'm surprise that all of you who say we should draft him, have not consider the severity of Quinn's medical situation. This is really sadistic and inconsiderate on your part.

All we need would be to draft this guy and something terrible happens to him and we would be ------. Quinn is hiding something about his health. If he is kidding himself that this tumor will go away or he is beyond succumbing to its serious repercussions, he is making one hell of a gamble.
All of the reports that I have read say that he is getting regular treatment.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #77
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,002
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53Fan View Post
From Jim Corbett of USA Today:

Quinn has to undergo MRI monitoring every six months to check on the tumor.

Also:
NFL Network draft guru Mike Mayock predicted Quinn would, "Blow this combine up.

"He's as good a natural pass rusher as I've ever seen."

As far as his character issues:

"I made a selfish mistake that me and my team, my family and coaches paid a price for," Quinn said. "God gave me a talent, and in a second, he can take it away from me.

"I truly apologized for it."
Jinx!
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:01 AM   #78
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
You cannot be serious, can you?? If he were smart, he would have had radiation treatment after finding out he had a brain tumor. There was a punter who played for Syracuse University that also had a brain tumor and elected to receive treatment for it. The punter is now eligible to play football again due to the fact that his brain tumor is a thing of the past.

The guy is a punter not an impact OLB/DE. A brain tumor is a primary tumor and can or cannot be cancerous. Why is this guy taking a risk instead of having treatment?

A primary brain tumor can grow rapidly and compete for space in the brain cavity. Something has to give! If Quinn is on the field playing and all of a sudden begins to have a nose bleed or faints, what would your take be on it then?

He is not being honest with us. Primary brain tumors can be deadly if not addressed in there early stages. If a team drafts this guy knowing that he has this condition to me is ----ing stupid, not to mention the player.

I'm surprise that all of you who say we should draft him, have not consider the severity of Quinn's medical situation. This is really sadistic and inconsiderate on your part.

All we need would be to draft this guy and something terrible happens to him and we would be ------. Quinn is hiding something about his health. If he is kidding himself that this tumor will go away or he is beyond succumbing to its serious repercussions, he is making one hell of a gamble.
Quinns issue is a very complex one and yet you're attempting to make it a simple black and white issue. I'm sure you don't have all the facts at hand so I would wait before making claims that "he isn't being honest".
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #79
Pro Bowl
 
53Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Posts: 7,400
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Jinx!
What are you?... Some kind of professor? Uh........nevermind.
__________________
"Cautiously And Optimistically... Looking Forward To Change"
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:51 AM   #80
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
it's a little unfair to judge this kids medical problems unless your a doctor

This Kid, as you suggest, is not too smart. If I had a brain tumor I would be looking to cure my situation asap.

Every six months he has a MRI to determine if the tumor has grown. What does that tell you? Does one have to be a doctor to come to the conclusion that Quinn is playing Russian Roulette with his life?
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:58 AM   #81
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

What are you suggesting then. That Quinn has a death wish?? I'm really struggling to see your point.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #82
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
This Kid, as you suggest, is not too smart. If I had a brain tumor I would be looking to cure my situation asap.

Every six months he has a MRI to determine if the tumor has grown. What does that tell you? Does one have to be a doctor to come to the conclusion that Quinn is playing Russian Roulette with his life?
You do know he underwent a 6 hour procedure right? But, he still has to go through standard tests to ensure it hasn't recurred
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:02 AM   #83
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Quinns issue is a very complex one and yet you're attempting to make it a simple black and white issue. I'm sure you don't have all the facts at hand so I would wait before making claims that "he isn't being honest".

HE HAS A BRAIN TUMOR! What more facts do I need. Do some research on a brain tumor and see what can be done to eliminate the tumor. Did Quinn have his tumor biopsied? He doesn't know if its cancerous. All he is concern with is if it has grown.

Stop attacking me for raising a red flag.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:06 AM   #84
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
HE HAS A BRAIN TUMOR! What more facts do I need. Do some research on a brain tumor and see what can be done to eliminate the tumor. Did Quinn have his tumor biopsied? He doesn't know if its cancerous. All he is concern with is if it has grown.

Stop attacking me for raising a red flag.
Of course he had biopsied. how do you think they determined it was a benign, not malignant, tumor?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:11 AM   #85
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
What are you suggesting then. That Quinn has a death wish?? I'm really struggling to see your point.

He is not too smart, is he? He has a primary tumor. Primary tumors reside in the head. Secondary tumors reside in other parts of the body and can migrate to the head. But they are still considered to be secondary tumors.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:15 AM   #86
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Of course he had biopsied. how do you think they determined it was a benign, not malignant, tumor?


Do you know this for a fact?

And if he knows it is benign, why in hell would this fool not do something about it?

I hope the Redskins stay away from this head case (no pun intended).
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #87
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by juskins View Post
Do you know this for a fact?

And if he knows it is benign, why in hell would this fool not do something about it?

I hope the Redskins stay away from this head case (no pun intended).
Fort Dorchester star undergoes brain surgery | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

I don't see how you don't understand he did do something about it. He underwent major surgery, but he still has to get checked on regularly. It seems like you're saying he should just stop living his daily life and wait for the inevitable
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:34 AM   #88
Special Teams
 
juskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 185
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Fort Dorchester star undergoes brain surgery | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

I don't see how you don't understand he did do something about it. He underwent major surgery, but he still has to get checked on regularly. It seems like you're saying he should just stop living his daily life and wait for the inevitable

I didn't have all the facts, for that, I apologize. But, I still hope the Skins stay away from him.

I think its commendable of Quinn to get back to this point of pursuing a career in the NFL. I wish him the best.
juskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #89
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Of course he had biopsied. how do you think they determined it was a benign, not malignant, tumor?
Magic 8 Ball?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 AM   #90
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: Robert Quinn: Boom or Bust?

Probably would have served you better to get some of the facts first, or at least listen to what people were trying to tell you throughout this thread

Anyhow, I realize he may seem to pose a bit of a higher risk than say something with a bad forearm on his throwing arm, but I'm not sure that's necessarily the case.

I'd be ok with him at 10, I know he'll get the best care possible. But, even though I've been predicting he'd be our top choice at 10, he wouldn't necessarily be my first choice.

But, like you, I wish them the best. And especially if he's wearing the burgundy and gold
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28802 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25