Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #751
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,607
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Glad you just read the positives..you have to click around genius its there under analysis
Every other analysis that I have seen has Neild pegged precisely as a nose tackle. The opinion which you quoted is just one opinion.

I'm much more excited that we got Neild than I am that we got Gomes.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-30-2011, 11:51 PM   #752
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

it also could be a typo where the writer meant 4-3, because the context of the paragraph JR just copied would be more often associated with a 4-3 DT, or a 3-4 DE.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #753
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
We both saw what you said - we were just highlighting other information which was contradicting your naysaying attitude. As I said earlier, the statement you referred to was clearly a word error because everything else in the report was made him out to be a NT.

"Strengths: Neild is tall enough with a thick lower half. Plays with good leverage and clogs up running lanes. Delivers a powerful initial punch and possesses very heavy active hands to shed blocks. Flashes a powerful bull rush. High effort kid that fights to the whistle and finishes plays.

Weaknesses: Not the quickest kid off the ball and poor foot speed prevents him from making plays in the backfield. Will not be able to play nose tackle in a 3-4 scheme. Lacks a repertoire of pass rushing counter moves and does not have a closing burst to get after the quarterback. Will not make tackles in space. "

He is a space eater who clogs the middle ... So he isn't a quick penetrator, we don't need him to penetrate, chase down plays or "make plays in space". In this scheme, clearly Rak and Kerrigan are there for the sacks not the NT.

Tell me "genius", why can't he play NT in the NFL? What else in the analysis supports that conclusion? Or is your entire analysis/conclusion based on that one sentence?
Good Post....you are absolutely correct in your analysis. We don't need him to make plays in space or chase the QB, we already have people in place to do that. His job will be to help make it possible for them to make plays.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 AM   #754
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,061
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08kessl View Post
I think the most encouraging thing about this entire draft is the fact that they passed on taking a QB. We have both Shanahans, two guys who build offenses and know the importance of a QB to running that offense, and yet they passed on all the QB's. I think both of them recognized that every single QB in this draft was severely overrated due to the lack of talent, and that in addition to being overrated teams would over reach for them. That combined with the fact that the QB pool for next year looks to be much, much better and they obviously decided that they would wait for next year and get their guy instead of wasting a pick that we obviously need in other places on a QB that wasn't really going to be their guy.
Despite how much I love what we did in this years draft, I think next year we give up whatever we have to to get Andrew Luck. A lot of mediocre teams took a QB this year, and with any luck one of them will be picking first and Luck will be ours for the taking. When you have a guy that has the talent, size, and smarts to be the next great QB you give up what you have to, to go get him.
Totally...Totally..and OMG I hate to even think what it will take to trade into the "Luck" pick.
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 AM   #755
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08kessl View Post
I think the most encouraging thing about this entire draft is the fact that they passed on taking a QB. We have both Shanahans, two guys who build offenses and know the importance of a QB to running that offense, and yet they passed on all the QB's. I think both of them recognized that every single QB in this draft was severely overrated due to the lack of talent, and that in addition to being overrated teams would over reach for them. That combined with the fact that the QB pool for next year looks to be much, much better and they obviously decided that they would wait for next year and get their guy instead of wasting a pick that we obviously need in other places on a QB that wasn't really going to be their guy.
Despite how much I love what we did in this years draft, I think next year we give up whatever we have to to get Andrew Luck. A lot of mediocre teams took a QB this year, and with any luck one of them will be picking first and Luck will be ours for the taking. When you have a guy that has the talent, size, and smarts to be the next great QB you give up what you have to, to go get him.

Shanahan had only to look at his current roster and see a QB...[John Beck] who had better numbers coming out of college than the vast majority of top QB prospects in this 2011 draft. He was forced to play before he was ready and his career has suffered as a result. The exact same thing is going to happen to the reached in this draft. Shanahan took the safe way and decided not to take the leap when equal or better may already be in his lap.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 AM   #756
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,691
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Totally...Totally..and OMG I hate to even think what it will take to trade into the "Luck" pick.
I think Cleveland will be deeply involved in the Luck Lottery, barring either a McCoy break out year, or a Luck meltdown. Remember, they just got Atlanta's 1st, and 4th pick, plus theirs. They could offer 2 1sts and the next year 1st to whoever gets the first overall. (and with Baltimore and Pitt twice next year), chances are Cleveland's own pick will be top 15.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #757
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,061
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Cleveland will be deeply involved in the Luck Lottery, barring either a McCoy break out year, or a Luck meltdown. Remember, they just got Atlanta's 1st, and 4th pick, plus theirs. They could offer 2 1sts and the next year 1st to whoever gets the first overall. (and with Baltimore and Pitt twice next year), chances are Cleveland's own pick will be top 15.
Good Point....All things being equal. it will be pricey
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
ďItís all the political correct idiots in America, thatís all it is. Itís got nothing to do with anything else.
-Mike Ditka
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:30 AM   #758
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,611
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think Cleveland will be deeply involved in the Luck Lottery, barring either a McCoy break out year, or a Luck meltdown. Remember, they just got Atlanta's 1st, and 4th pick, plus theirs. They could offer 2 1sts and the next year 1st to whoever gets the first overall. (and with Baltimore and Pitt twice next year), chances are Cleveland's own pick will be top 15.
Oh God have mercy on Carolina if they end up with the first overall pick next year. Still I think it'll either be Buffalo or Cincinnati.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 AM   #759
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,398
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Maurice Hurt*|*Florida,*OG*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile , This kid from Florida might be a damn good Lineman for us , played both guard and RT this year at UF .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:50 AM   #760
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

[QUOTE=Dirtbag59;799935]

I don't feel to good about Paul and Gomes, and Thompson. [QUOTE]


REALLY?? I REALLY like the Niles Paul pick. Analyst say his QB was a scrub. I like all of the WRs we picked, they look promising.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #761
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post


Loving this video. Any lineman that wins the Iron Mountaineer award can join my squad. I really like the personalities of a lot of the players we drafted this year. A lot of leaders. Got some vocal leaders to. We need more of that.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #762
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post

Helu could be a starter day 1, 4.4 speed and is a great fit for our system.. I still think ATV will be the guy but don't rule it out
Iono man, I never watched Helu in school, but based on his highlight reels, Im not really impressed with certain aspects of his game. He has decent acceleration, but I wish he was quicker. I seen a few other RBs that I liked better than him. I wish the giants didnt pick up Scott form MD. Royster doesnt seem to have that break away speed neither. We need someone who is going to take to the house on open runs. Im so pissed at the dumbazz Cardinals for taking Ryan Williams, we almost got him.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 AM   #763
Special Teams
 
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 218
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by r08kessl View Post

I think the most encouraging thing about this entire draft is the fact that they passed on taking a QB. We have both Shanahans, two guys who build offenses and know the importance of a QB to running that offense, and yet they passed on all the QB's. I think both of them recognized that every single QB in this draft was severely overrated due to the lack of talent, and that in addition to being overrated teams would over reach for them. That combined with the fact that the QB pool for next year looks to be much, much better and they obviously decided that they would wait for next year and get their guy instead of wasting a pick that we obviously need in other places on a QB that wasn't really going to be their guy.

I agree 1000%, I didnt particularly care for any of these QBs. Maybe Cam or Locker, but that was it, and I didnt care too much for them. I wish some of these nut cases that have been going crazy that we didnt draft a QB read RO8kessl post. It was the 5th round of a lukewarm QB draft class and people were "DRAFT A QB, DRAFT A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".....For what???? so we could get another Patrick Ramsey or Jason Campbell. Dam that, if we draft a QB, he needs to be the ONE. That beast stud QB. Im tired of us ALWAYS having mediocre QBs. Id rather spend that pick on another position.

Whos the QB next year? To be honest, I dont care. McNabb, Beck, Grossman, Vince Young (who actually wouldnt be as bad as most people think. When he got his head back in the game, he had those Titans ballin at one point. He looked really good). It doesnt matter, because we have to get that Oline going, plus we need to get the rest of the offense around him going to, before we decide to get our QB of the future. By next season, our offense (all together) should be MUCH better, and our future QB will be set up to have a great chance of being successful. Not sure how I feel about the RBs we drafted, but overall, I really like this draft.
REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:35 AM   #764
Playmaker
 
Longtimefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Germantown, Md.
Posts: 4,832
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE View Post
I agree 1000%, I didnt particularly care for any of these QBs. Maybe Cam or Locker, but that was it, and I didnt care too much for them. I wish some of these nut cases that have been going crazy that we didnt draft a QB read RO8kessl post. It was the 5th round of a lukewarm QB draft class and people were "DRAFT A QB, DRAFT A QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".....For what???? so we could get another Patrick Ramsey or Jason Campbell. Dam that, if we draft a QB, he needs to be the ONE. That beast stud QB. Im tired of us ALWAYS having mediocre QBs. Id rather spend that pick on another position.

Whos the QB next year? To be honest, I dont care. McNabb, Beck, Grossman, Vince Young (who actually wouldnt be as bad as most people think. When he got his head back in the game, he had those Titans ballin at one point. He looked really good). It doesnt matter, because we have to get that Oline going, plus we need to get the rest of the offense around him going to, before we decide to get our QB of the future. By next season, our offense (all together) should be MUCH better, and our future QB will be set up to have a great chance of being successful. Not sure how I feel about the RBs we drafted, but overall, I really like this draft.
Good Post....your assessment has been shared by many. Imagine how dull and unimaginative any opinion generated discussion would be if everyone agreed. Your points in reference to the drafting of QB's is well taken though, you won't have to search far and wide to find those who will agree with you.....including the coach.
__________________
A revolution is coming and it will be televised.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 AM   #765
Playmaker
 
Slingin Sammy 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 4,341
Re: 2011 NFL Draft: Rounds 4-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Totally...Totally..and OMG I hate to even think what it will take to trade into the "Luck" pick.
I don't think that will even be a possibility.
__________________
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' ó Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.35373 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25