Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 QB Class

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #166
Special Teams
 
Larry Michael is Satan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 123
Re: 2012 QB Class

RG3 is a brilliant man, academically and on the football field. Also the most accurate of the top QB's, a leader, and runs a 4.4. If he is there when we pick, I hope we take him.
I like Landry Jones too, I think he'll be really good.

As far as the black/white / athletic/non-athletic BS goes, I'd like to point out that Doug Williams was maybe the least athletic QB ever to win a Super Bowl, especially with the bad back.
Most athletic QB to win a Super Bowl, obviously JOEY T!!!
Larry Michael is Satan is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 AM   #167
Registered User
 
kevinjames1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 32
Re: 2012 QB Class

I honestly think RG3 will end up being the 2nd Qb taken. And I think a team would even be tempted to take him at #1.
kevinjames1973 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 03:05 AM   #168
Camp Scrub
 
joeyt56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51
Re: 2012 QB Class

I must say im on the griffin bandwagon! He can make all the throws, can run *vick ahem*, and has intangibles coming out of the whazoo!! I say take that man no matter what pick we have!! Now, what to do with the 2nd and 3rd? I like dwight jones WR in the 2nd and xavier nixon OT in the 3rs...
joeyt56 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 09:49 AM   #169
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,494
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I tried to rechange it but the post won't let me re-edit it.


Look whats said was said. If I offended anybody, I'm sorry. Opinions are like assholes everybody has one. I am apologizing based on the fact that in the boards guidelines it says that you all want to filter posts to make this a 'more fan friendly, clean, message board.' I can see why my recent comments are considered offense since their are African Americans on this board. I wasn't trying to be racist, even though to some people they think I am. Beliefs are beliefs. Opinions are opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you all are. I would suggest to the Mods that they allow a little more freedom of speech on this board, instead of constricting on what people say (but not complete freedom of speech because then that's when it can get to death threats and intense non-sense cursing.) , because then we can get more conversations and beliefs about things maybe we didn't think of as appropriate to say which others in the majority may have on this board. More conversation and debate is good. It's good to stir the pot every once in a while to get different debates going on by different people with different beliefs. The problem is race is a heavy topic today, because you have some people that are immature about and think that whenever a person says one race can't do something as good as another their a full blown racist, to other people who are more mature and respectable towards your views whether they agree or disagree with your views.

At the end of the day people I was just trying to give you all an opinion to help with our team which we all love so dearly, in terms of getting a QB. At the end of the day, Smart, Dumb, White, black, yellow, blue ,green, fat, skinny, we're all skins fans with the same goal, winning a super bowl and discussing our team here.
Right, because we're constantly censoring people.

WTF is that all about?
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:29 AM   #170
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,019
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I tried to rechange it but the post won't let me re-edit it.


Look whats said was said. If I offended anybody, I'm sorry. Opinions are like assholes everybody has one. I am apologizing based on the fact that in the boards guidelines it says that you all want to filter posts to make this a 'more fan friendly, clean, message board.' I can see why my recent comments are considered offense since their are African Americans on this board. I wasn't trying to be racist, even though to some people they think I am. Beliefs are beliefs. Opinions are opinions. I'm entitled to my opinion just as much as you all are. I would suggest to the Mods that they allow a little more freedom of speech on this board, instead of constricting on what people say (but not complete freedom of speech because then that's when it can get to death threats and intense non-sense cursing.) , because then we can get more conversations and beliefs about things maybe we didn't think of as appropriate to say which others in the majority may have on this board. More conversation and debate is good. It's good to stir the pot every once in a while to get different debates going on by different people with different beliefs. The problem is race is a heavy topic today, because you have some people that are immature about and think that whenever a person says one race can't do something as good as another their a full blown racist, to other people who are more mature and respectable towards your views whether they agree or disagree with your views.

At the end of the day people I was just trying to give you all an opinion to help with our team which we all love so dearly, in terms of getting a QB. At the end of the day, Smart, Dumb, White, black, yellow, blue ,green, fat, skinny, we're all skins fans with the same goal, winning a super bowl and discussing our team here.
1. I am white yet I am still offended by your comments. It is not the case, as you imply, that if this were an all-white board then your views would be ok.

2. I believe that your comments about free speech do not legally wash. But I am not a lawyer so I will make a different counterargument. The Warpath is about intelligent football discussion. And judging a QB by the color of his skin is flat-out unintelligent. I have no reason to ever trust your evaluation of a QB given that I know you are smuggling the non-performance factor of race into the equation.

3. Actually for many of us race is not such a heavy topic. That is why Dirtbag was able to make a sarcastic joke. Only people with views like yours make things difficult. If you want to find the cause behind why race might be a "heavy topic," I suggest that you look in the mirror.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #171
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,216
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Right, because we're constantly censoring people.

WTF is that all about?

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 PM   #172
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Right, because we're constantly censoring people.

WTF is that all about?
I feel like there have been numerous times on this board, other than my recent post, where people have wanted to say there opinion about a heavy subject, but the mods would reply with things such as 'you have no facts for that' and/or 'watch what you say or you'll be removed from this board.'

If you all want to continue talking about this subject, I suggest you message me and quit filling up this board with this.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #173
Registered User
 
Sonny9TD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 399
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Initial Rankings
1. Andrew Luck* - Stanford
2. Landry Jones* - Oklahoma
3. Matt Barkley* - USC
4. Nick Folles - Arizona
5. Robert Griffin III* - Baylor

* - Denotes underclassmen.

Have at it

Don't forget Ryan Lindley

San Diego State
Sonny9TD is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #174
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,216
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I feel like there have been numerous times on this board, other than my recent post, where people have wanted to say there opinion about a heavy subject, but the mods would reply with things such as 'you have no facts for that' and/or 'watch what you say or you'll be removed from this board.'
I suggest you never go to Extremeskins then...lol You want to talk about forum nazis. I just lurk over there, and can tell you the mods regulate with a iron fist AND they are inconsistent with their rules enforcement and even break their own rules they make. (contrary to what they say) Then again, they have more dummies on that site though.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:45 PM   #175
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
1. I am white yet I am still offended by your comments. It is not the case, as you imply, that if this were an all-white board then your views would be ok.

2. I believe that your comments about free speech do not legally wash. But I am not a lawyer so I will make a different counterargument. The Warpath is about intelligent football discussion. And judging a QB by the color of his skin is flat-out unintelligent. I have no reason to ever trust your evaluation of a QB given that I know you are smuggling the non-performance factor of race into the equation.

3. Actually for many of us race is not such a heavy topic. That is why Dirtbag was able to make a sarcastic joke. Only people with views like yours make things difficult. If you want to find the cause behind why race might be a "heavy topic," I suggest that you look in the mirror.
Agree with this 100%. Well said good sir!
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #176
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I suggest you never go to Extremeskins then...lol You want to talk about forum nazis. I just lurk over there, and can tell you the mods regulate with a iron fist AND they are inconsistent with their rules enforcement and even break their own rules they make. (contrary to what they say) Then again, they have more dummies on that site though.
I thought Extremeskins would be more open then less open about freedom of discussion. Well another reason why I want to be on this board.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #177
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,967
Re: 2012 QB Class

If you have issues or concerns Cult, you should PM the mods
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:14 PM   #178
Registered User
 
kevinjames1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 32
Re: 2012 QB Class

Thought this was a discussion about the 2012 QBs?
kevinjames1973 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:26 PM   #179
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 9,470
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames1973 View Post
Thought this was a discussion about the 2012 QBs?
You will find that at times the discussion can run pretty far afield...
BTW You're banned for challenging the Mod...wait that would not be Moderate?
BTW, Welcome KJ to the WP!
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
“God made certain people to play football. He was one of them.” – Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline  
Old 11-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #180
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames1973 View Post
Thought this was a discussion about the 2012 QBs?
Hopefully it is now.

Mike Lombardi was on Inside the NFL talking about Andrew Luck saying that if the Colts have the first pick he has heard that the colts would be interested in trading the pick, should Peyton Manning be healthy. If the Colts and or the Rams have the top two picks, I really like our chances of making a trade for Luck. If the Dolphins are there though..I don't see us being able to get Luck.

ML also said that Mike Shanahan isn't on the hot seat, but when you say your a QB coach, and you put faith in a QB like John Beck, that really hurt MS. Phil Simms said its not Shanahans fault, its the fact he has no OLine to protect his QB.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29693 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25