Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 QB Class

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #331
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,209
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Must've been a great game to be at, regardless of your team.

RG3 is the man, he better come out. Luck will go # 1, let the "experts" rave about Barkley and have him picked next. He'll be better than Sanchez but I don't think he'll be as good as Bradford. Hopefully that leaves RG3 for us.
It was a very good game and for me I am looking for the redskins stand point lol so I don't mind seeing a guy like RG3 rolling against My sooners I will say Landry jones should come back
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  

Advertisements
Old 11-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #332
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,863
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
He's not staying with USC under probation. I want the Redskins to draft him if Luck is not available.
We're under probation this year and the team's sitting at 10 (AP) in the country. Next year, we can actually play in a bowl game. There's no reason why this same team can't compete for a national championship if Barkley comes back... he had a chance to transfer (without penalty) when the school first got hit with sanctions. He's stayed through the entire drama, knowing SC couldn't play in a bowl for two years. He's got a few reasons to come back if he wanted.
__________________
"Sit your five dollar ass down before I make change."
- Nino Brown

my blather

Last edited by itvnetop; 11-22-2011 at 01:18 AM.
itvnetop is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #333
Special Teams
 
SkinItup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 155
Re: 2012 QB Class

RG3 all the way. Makes plays in the clutch, look at the last two weeks against Kansas and Oklahoma. Generally makes good decisions under pressure. He can throw on the run and always keeps his eyes down field. Can make plays with his feet alone. His mobility would help the oline situation much like Vick does in Philly and is a much better pocket passer than Vick was coming out of college. Accurate passer with good mechanics though the ball does seem to wobble a bit too frequently, but that is okay when it is consistently on the numbers/over the shoulder. My biggest concerns for him are he doesn't seem to always read the defense over the middle well. also he doesn't work from under the center but since all his other mechanics are good I'[m sure he can figure that one out. Look at his game against Oklahoma here

Robert Griffin III vs Oklahoma 2011 - YouTube

I am not sold on Barkley one bit. His play against Oregon was spotty. A few great throws yes but two dropped snaps and one where he tried to throw after picking it up and pretty much hit an Oregon player in the numbers, luckily it was dropped. Looked alot like a bad Romo and Grossman game. He can see all his throws here

Matt Barkley vs Oregon 2011 - YouTube

judge for yourself.
SkinItup is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #334
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
The only two QBs that I feel are sure things are Luck and Barkley.
I feel that Luck is the only sure thing in terms of a guy that can be put in virtually any system, with any supporting cast, and any coach and succeed in terms of at least pulling his weight.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #335
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,367
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinItup View Post
RG3 all the way. Makes plays in the clutch, look at the last two weeks against Kansas and Oklahoma. Generally makes good decisions under pressure. He can throw on the run and always keeps his eyes down field. Can make plays with his feet alone. His mobility would help the oline situation much like Vick does in Philly and is a much better pocket passer than Vick was coming out of college. Accurate passer with good mechanics though the ball does seem to wobble a bit too frequently, but that is okay when it is consistently on the numbers/over the shoulder. My biggest concerns for him are he doesn't seem to always read the defense over the middle well. also he doesn't work from under the center but since all his other mechanics are good I'[m sure he can figure that one out. Look at his game against Oklahoma here

Robert Griffin III vs Oklahoma 2011 - YouTube

I am not sold on Barkley one bit. His play against Oregon was spotty. A few great throws yes but two dropped snaps and one where he tried to throw after picking it up and pretty much hit an Oregon player in the numbers, luckily it was dropped. Looked alot like a bad Romo and Grossman game. He can see all his throws here

Matt Barkley vs Oregon 2011 - YouTube

judge for yourself.
Both are really good. RG3 last throw and the throw at the 5 min mark are solid. Barkley had to throw against tighter coverage all night, which is more difficult. Good god, Oklahoma's secondary is flat out turrrrrble. How the f*ck did they make it through the year with such poor coverage, I mean they are horrible.
__________________
Fire Haz, Hire Wade
Chico23231 is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #336
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2012 QB Class

So wait, if Griffin is going to return to school in 2012, he does need to get granted that medical redshirt, right? He has played in four seasons. I'm aware of his injury that cost him most of his 2009 season, but you can't just pass the draft and plan on playing in 2012. He actually needs the NCAA's approval to stay at Baylor longer.

I realize that medical redshirts are often handed out like candy, but it seems like merely having the application process could be a major deterrent to him returning next season. The guy is a 21 year old senior which is really rare for a quarterback. Andrew Luck will be 23 by Week 2 of next season. And that's not old at all for a rookie QB.

Luck, Griffin, and Barkley could go 1, 2, 3 in this draft. And not one of them would be overdrafted.

Just to be safe, I hope the Redskins get the no. 2 pick. If one of them stays in school, that no. 3 pick could be worthless (relatively speaking).
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.

Last edited by GTripp0012; 11-22-2011 at 11:39 PM.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #337
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2012 QB Class

Nevermind, Griffin has already been granted that Redshirt.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #338
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,209
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Both are really good. RG3 last throw and the throw at the 5 min mark are solid. Barkley had to throw against tighter coverage all night, which is more difficult. Good god, Oklahoma's secondary is flat out turrrrrble. How the f*ck did they make it through the year with such poor coverage, I mean they are horrible.

They call themselves "Sharks" Yeah I guess for Biting on playfakes all night
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #339
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,930
Re: 2012 QB Class

RGIII all the way for me. We're not going to get Luck and while Barkley looks like he's going to be a very good pro QB, I'd love for us to have a game changing athlete for once. Griffin has a combination of skills that aren't quite a replica of anyone specific but he seems to do a lot of things very well. Yes, there would be a bit of a process getting comfortable under center but he's already graduated, an honors student and a student of the game. This is a pick that we have to make.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #340
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,209
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
RGIII all the way for me. We're not going to get Luck and while Barkley looks like he's going to be a very good pro QB, I'd love for us to have a game changing athlete for once. Griffin has a combination of skills that aren't quite a replica of anyone specific but he seems to do a lot of things very well. Yes, there would be a bit of a process getting comfortable under center but he's already graduated, an honors student and a student of the game. This is a pick that we have to make.

No doubt RG3 as well. .I saw him in person Saturday and was amazed
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 03:35 AM   #341
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,729
Re: 2012 QB Class

I knew Barkley was a lifelong USC fan and ESPN just confirmed it with a video of an 8 year old Barkley talking about being a QB for SC and "throwing some nice passes." I still say he stay's but I hope that first I'm wrong and second we're in position to get him.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 11-23-2011 at 03:36 AM.
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #342
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: 2012 QB Class

This guy has been nothing short of spectacular this year. His combination of athleticism, arm strength, and accuracy makes him a top prospect in my eyes. Luck is getting all the hype and praise while guys like RG3, Barkley, and Foles are getting overlooked. This is how I think RG3 messures up.

5= elite
4= above average
3= average
2= below average
1= poor

Arm Strength: I think RG3 has a well above average arm strength, but not elite arm strength. He has more than enough arm strength to make every single NFL throw.

Grade 4

Accuracy: One of the things that makes RG3 so intriguing is his unbelievable accuracy definitely on the deep ball. This guy has excellent ball placement in the pocket and on the run.

Grade 5

Mechanics: The perfect over-the-top throwing motion RG3 displays is great. He has a quick release to go along with his perfect throwing motion. My only knock on his mechanic is that he sometimes throw the ball off his back foot when doesn't have too. Also his footwork not so good at times. With a little work and good coach this part of his game can be elite.

Grade 3

Pocket Presences: RG3 has a pretty good grasp of sensing pressure. He takes some sacks. However, he usually gets rid of the before taking the sack.

Grade 4

Athleticism: RG3 semifinalist at the Olympic Trials in the 400 hurdles following high school. He has shown the ability to elude would be sacks and turn them into big gains. He's very dangerous in the open field. There are few players that has his speed and elusiveness at qb.

Grade 5

Intangiblies: RG3 is a real character guy. He's an excellent student. He's proven to be a true leader on the field and in the locker room. He's a great competitor.

Grade 5

Summary: Robert Griffin is the most exciting prospects that I have seen in many years. It's rare to find a qb with his athleticism that has great passing ability as well. At the next level I believe he will give many defense fits with his arm and his legs. I think he's the best fit for what we do offensively.

Overall= 5
Landry44 is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 03:30 PM   #343
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,695
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
I knew Barkley was a lifelong USC fan and ESPN just confirmed it with a video of an 8 year old Barkley talking about being a QB for SC and "throwing some nice passes." I still say he stay's but I hope that first I'm wrong and second we're in position to get him.
Couldn't agree more!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #344
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: 2012 QB Class

There's something about RG III I still struggle with. Not quite sure what it is.

I want to see more of Tannehill and I want to like Foles more.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 11-24-2011, 03:46 PM   #345
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,442
Re: 2012 QB Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
There's something about RG III I still struggle with. Not quite sure what it is.

I want to see more of Tannehill and I want to like Foles more.
i dont understand the hype about foles. i dont think he would be a good fit here. tannehill could be but it would take some time. hes not ready to play for several years imo. barkley, luck, RG3 are the qbs we should be thinking about (not that i think we will get luck...). the other ones im not much of a fan of.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31417 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25