Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #346
The Starter
 
T.O.Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Berlin, MD
Posts: 2,028
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I think we could keep it based on the fact that we drafted 10th and the Jaguars drafted 16th, and we only got a 4th rounder. That was it. Know I know Barkley could go as high as 2 overall. So lets hope that we lose out and get the 6th overall pick, I feel like we'll trade it for the 2nd overall pick and trade our 3rd rounder and a future 3rd rounder. That'd be a fair view.
The jags gave us a second rounder. To move up from say 10 to 2, would cost at least a 1st and a 2nd. Minimum. I mean this years first and next years first, plus a second.
T.O.Killa is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #347
The Starter
 
Mechanix544's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Fort Bliss, TX
Posts: 2,273
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

thing is, we could be a top 5 -8 pick if we continue to lose games, maybe higher. My dream scenario would be drafting Barkley with whatever 1st rounder we have, prolly 5th or 6th, and then drafting the STUD WR from North Carolina who is going to be a star, Dwight Jones. Solid picks, and instantly makes our offense loads better, especially with Helu turning it on in the backfield. I would be such a happy camper if we get those two, i think id explode.

The tape on Dwight Jones is ridiculous btw, I really dont know why he is rated as going in the 2nd round when he is clearly a first rounder, period.
__________________
Ain't Nothin Like a Good B Western.

YEEHAW
Mechanix544 is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #348
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Mech, because teams don't really draft WRs in the first rd like they used to. Dwight Jones to me is a lot like Marcus Colston. I would love getting Barkley in the first Jones in the 2nd and Cliff Harris in the 3rd.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #349
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Landry Jones will come back to school next year and he should, he's not ready for the NFL yet..
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #350
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,094
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

RGIII’s Heisman stock keeps rising in win over Texas | CollegeFootballTalk
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #351
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

I find Kirk Cousins an interesting prospect.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #352
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

RGIII or Matt Barkley will be a Redskin next year. (crosses fingers)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:39 AM   #353
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,693
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

I don't know that much about Baylor. What kind of system do they run? We he be a decent fit here? It sounds like he played lights out this weekend though. 45 TD's this year? WOW.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #354
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I don't know that much about Baylor. What kind of system do they run? We he be a decent fit here? It sounds like he played lights out this weekend though. 45 TD's this year? WOW.
They run a spread similar to the old Texas Tech style difference is RGIII is way more accurate then Kingsbury etc. and has the rocket arm and pocket presence to make all the NFL throws while possessing top QB speed (I am guessing 4.4-4.6 range).
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 08:21 AM   #355
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Landry Jones will come back to school next year and he should, he's not ready for the NFL yet..
Landry Jones sucks to me.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #356
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,071
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
Like I said, the more I watch Barkley play, the more confident I am that he is going to be a franchise record setting type of guy.

I might be in the minority on here saying this, but if we have to move UP to get him, I would do it. I would try to keep my second rounder, not sure if that is feasible, but everything else, as well as everyONE else is fair game. (Other than our LT). If no other option presents itself, then I would give our 2nd to move up in front of some qb hungry teams to snag Barkley.
I agree with you. I think I've seen enough of the college QB's to draw clear distinctions between them in my mind. What I think I see is two players, Luck and Barkley, who are ready to be very effective NFL starters.

To me, RGII stands alone as the third ranked prospect and the only other First Rounder. Only his relative lack of size bothers me a little.

I was high on Landry Jones but he has fallen into the category of "The Rest of Them", IMO.

I think that these QB's have no major red flags but need time to develop. They could all, in time, be good in the NFL under the right circumstances: Jones, Tannehill, Cousins. They're 2nd or 3rd round picks, IMO.

I really like these two but they have red flags: Moore (probably too small) and Weeden (too old at 28). Fourth round at best, IMO.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #357
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,993
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I agree with you. I think I've seen enough of the college QB's to draw clear distinctions between them in my mind. What I think I see is two players, Luck and Barkley, who are ready to be very effective NFL starters.

To me, RGII stands alone as the third ranked prospect and the only other First Rounder. Only his relative lack of size bothers me a little.

I was high on Landry Jones but he has fallen into the category of "The Rest of Them", IMO.

I think that these QB's have no major red flags but need time to develop. They could all, in time, be good in the NFL under the right circumstances: Jones, Tannehill, Cousins. They're 2nd or 3rd round picks, IMO.

I really like these two but they have red flags: Moore (probably too small) and Weeden (too old at 28). Fourth round at best, IMO.
There's a lot of other guys in this class who would be first rounders in any other year, but if we can't get to the top of the draft for Luck, Barkley, or Griffin, I think the Redskins would be smart to leverage the strength of the QBs in the class and target their guy at the top of round 2. It's rare that you'll have your pick of franchise caliber quarterbacks in the second round, but that's the case this year.

I think Tannehill will be there, as will Cousins, Foles, Kellen Moore. Even if the Redskins only think one or two of those guys will turn into NFL starters, they can play the draft through trades and still get their guy.

I think you have to do anything reasonable to get Barkley/Griffin as long as they are on the board. But I think Seattle is in a better spot to go up for them and we may not pick ahead of Cleveland by the end of the year. If Cleveland gets Barkley and Seattle gets Griffin, then the Redskins should look at the four players above.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM   #358
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,902
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Like I said if Barkley, Luck, and RGIII are off the board which could be the case, Tannenhill or Foles are my next options with Tannenhill getting the higher nod. If that does happen and when we pick Morris Claiborne or Trent Richardson are on the board we would be foolish to pass on one of them. Of course Trent will depend on what we do with Hightower and if Helu shows enough to make the FO comfortable with him as the feature back and even then I would still look at Richardson. (Think Panthers in 2008.) I know Shanny doesn't take RBs in the first round but Richardson is a different kind of animal.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.

Last edited by EARTHQUAKE2689; 12-04-2011 at 11:24 AM.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:16 PM   #359
The Starter
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 2,071
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
There's a lot of other guys in this class who would be first rounders in any other year, but if we can't get to the top of the draft for Luck, Barkley, or Griffin, I think the Redskins would be smart to leverage the strength of the QBs in the class and target their guy at the top of round 2. It's rare that you'll have your pick of franchise caliber quarterbacks in the second round, but that's the case this year.

I think Tannehill will be there, as will Cousins, Foles, Kellen Moore. Even if the Redskins only think one or two of those guys will turn into NFL starters, they can play the draft through trades and still get their guy.

I think you have to do anything reasonable to get Barkley/Griffin as long as they are on the board. But I think Seattle is in a better spot to go up for them and we may not pick ahead of Cleveland by the end of the year. If Cleveland gets Barkley and Seattle gets Griffin, then the Redskins should look at the four players above.
That makes a lot of sense to me. I have little doubt that we're going to get a very good player in Round 1 but he may not be a QB. If and only if we can't do something to get Barkley, I'd even have no problem with moving down in the first round if RGIII doesn't fall to us, taking someone like DeCastro, and then trading up in the second to get a QB.

Frankly, I don't rate RGIII as highly as I rate Barkley, so I wouldn't like to see the Skins give up a lot to move up and draft him.
KI Skins Fan is offline  
Old 12-04-2011, 12:20 PM   #360
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,358
Re: 2012 QB Prospects (Part 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That makes a lot of sense to me. I have little doubt that we're going to get a very good player in Round 1 but he may not be a QB. If and only if we can't do something to get Barkley, I'd even have no problem with moving down in the first round if RGIII doesn't fall to us, taking someone like DeCastro, and then trading up in the second to get a QB.

Frankly, I don't rate RGIII as highly as I rate Barkley, so I wouldn't like to see the Skins give up a lot to move up and draft him.
The Redskins need a franchise QB they haven't had since Joey T., I would do whatever it takes to get Barkley since Luck will be gone. Other teams are interested in him as well, the skins need him badly.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.42713 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25