Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #46
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,108
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Ugh...another quick fix to file away with the rest of the past 30 years. When do we get our own franchise QB instead of always settling for someone elses leftovers?
This.
mooby is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #47
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Ugh...another quick fix to file away with the rest of the past 30 years. When do we get our own franchise QB instead of always settling for someone elses leftovers?
Because it's when you are convinced that a franchise quarterback can only come from the draft is when a team like New Orleans builds a super bowl roster with an elite quarterback off a risky free agent pickup.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #48
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Because it's when you are convinced that a franchise quarterback can only come from the draft is when a team like New Orleans builds a super bowl roster with an elite quarterback off a risky free agent pickup.
We can still get our franchise qb out of the draft.
Landry44 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #49
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

I'm sure its been said already, but;

Sure we won today and that puts us out of position from drafting a better QB, However, the teams that are in the QB race today either won or are winning their games (Miami W, Cleveland currently winning, Seattle W)
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 07:45 PM   #50
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,013
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm sure its been said already, but;

Sure we won today and that puts us out of position from drafting a better QB, However, the teams that are in the QB race today either won or are winning their games (Miami W, Cleveland currently winning, Seattle W)
No. Simply not true.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 08:33 PM   #51
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
No. Simply not true.
It greatens the gap between us and the Colts and is the difference between drafting 4th and 10th..Lots of places in between which other teams can trade up for to get their QB. I don't want us giving up future picks to get a franchise QB, but it looks like we might have to do that. Cleveland is looking like a good bet to draft in front of us now. They'll go for either Barkley or Griffin.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 12-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #52
Registered User
 
Landry44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 299
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
It greatens the gap between us and the Colts and is the difference between drafting 4th and 10th..Lots of places in between which other teams can trade up for to get their QB. I don't want us giving up future picks to get a franchise QB, but it looks like we might have to do that. Cleveland is looking like a good bet to draft in front of us now. They'll go for either Barkley or Griffin.
Your might be right Cult. I sure as hell do not want to give up picks to move up, however, I believe that both Barkley and Griffin are franchise guys. What we need more than anything is a franchise qb. I think we should trade up if that's what it is going to take to get one of that.
Landry44 is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:03 AM   #53
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

So @ this moment.... 1. Colts 2. Rams 3. Vikings 4. Bucs 5. Jaguars 6. Browns 7. Skins.

We are still in a decent spot draft wise currently. However, we have the chance to win the last two games and end up 7-9. Drafting 11-13th if we win the last two. Which will leave us in a not so great option for getting a top tier QB.

Last edited by Gtothearry; 12-19-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #54
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,348
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
So @ this moment.... 1. Colts 2. Vikings 3. Bucs 4. Jaguars 5. Browns 6. Skins
7. Panthers.

We are still in a decent spot draft wise currently. However, we have the chance to win the last two games and end up 7-9. Drafting 11-13th if we win the last two. Which will leave us in a not so great option for getting a top tier QB.

could always move up.. Hey I'd take 7-9
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:17 AM   #55
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

If we win the last two it will make me feel much better about next season. I'm hoping we can get a decent QB option next year though. Grossman isn't going to fly for me next season.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:24 AM   #56
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,885
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
If we win the last two it will make me feel much better about next season. I'm hoping we can get a decent QB option next year though. Grossman isn't going to fly for me next season.
If the Redskins win the next 2 games (they just might) and are out of the running for the top 3 QB picks, then I would trade back and draft a CB, S, WR, whoever is the best player on the board, acquire a few more picks to get a QB and OL (G/C & T). They could also trade up for either Barkley or Griffin.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is online now  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:26 AM   #57
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
So @ this moment.... 1. Colts 2. Vikings 3. Bucs 4. Jaguars 5. Browns 6. Skins
7. Panthers.

We are still in a decent spot draft wise currently. However, we have the chance to win the last two games and end up 7-9. Drafting 11-13th if we win the last two. Which will leave us in a not so great option for getting a top tier QB.
The Rams are gonna draft before us to
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #58
Playmaker
 
SouperMeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 50
Posts: 3,143
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
The Rams are gonna draft before us to
There's little risk of the Rams picking a QB given their financial commitment to Sam Bradford.
SouperMeister is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 AM   #59
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
It greatens the gap between us and the Colts and is the difference between drafting 4th and 10th..Lots of places in between which other teams can trade up for to get their QB. I don't want us giving up future picks to get a franchise QB, but it looks like we might have to do that. Cleveland is looking like a good bet to draft in front of us now. They'll go for either Barkley or Griffin.
Cleveland definitely will take Barkley or Griffin. But I'm wondering if only one of them is left when Cleveland picks?
The Goat is offline  
Old 12-19-2011, 03:10 AM   #60
The Starter
 
diehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Norfolk, Va (OV)
Posts: 1,566
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
Your might be right Cult. I sure as hell do not want to give up picks to move up, however, I believe that both Barkley and Griffin are franchise guys. What we need more than anything is a franchise qb. I think we should trade up if that's what it is going to take to get one of that.
Definitely. Haven't checked out Barkley yet but, Griffin is worth trading up for. Skins should be in the top ten of the draft. They should be able to trade up with only an additional second or third round pick. Isn't that worth fresh blood at QB?
__________________
'Any NFL team will win with RG3. Imagine how exciting it will be watching him do it.'
diehard is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27244 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25