Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 01:32 PM   #121
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Sam Bradford has all the tools to become a great NFL QB, Colt may not suck (I hate texas lol) But he's small and has an avg arm on top of that he isn't very accurate, Bradford had a good rookie year but that team is just trash around him just wait until he actually gets some help. As for Sanchez I just see too much Rex Grossman in him, makes very poor decisions in to many games and always holds on to the ball way too long in the pocket. NTM his career numbers are very very AVG with a lot of talent around him.

SANCHEZ - 52 TDS 46 INTS 28 FUMBLES

Career rating - 74

No thanks
Bradford was dealing with an ankle sprain and was struggling to get the ball to his running back at the line of scrimmage last time we saw him. Those aren't tools, those are liabilities.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 12-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #122
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by celts32 View Post
Not happy...I want to be the one making that trade with jax to get RG3.
I think if we're not in the top 5 then we're likely to trade down and get one of the supposed 2nd tier QBs and add picks. But that's just my guess

If we are in the top 5 I'm still not totally convinced we're taking one of the big 3 at QB
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #123
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think if we're not in the top 5 then we're likely to trade down and get one of the supposed 2nd tier QBs and add picks. But that's just my guess

If we are in the top 5 I'm still not totally convinced we're taking one of the big 3 at QB
That kinda makes me sad.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #124
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Bradford was dealing with an ankle sprain and was struggling to get the ball to his running back at the line of scrimmage last time we saw him. Those aren't tools, those are liabilities.

LOL ok well again we'll see
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #125
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Is it too much to ask for my skins to draft a ****ing QB in the top 10?
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 01:59 PM   #126
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,815
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think if we're not in the top 5 then we're likely to trade down and get one of the supposed 2nd tier QBs and add picks. But that's just my guess

If we are in the top 5 I'm still not totally convinced we're taking one of the big 3 at QB
I agree with you that if the skins are not in the top 5 and the big 3 QB's are gone that they would trade down, that makes the most sense. Now if they are in top 5 and one of the big 3 is there, I would pounce on any of them, whoever is available. Here's another scenario, how about if the big 3 are gone and Kalil falls in our laps? I would pick Kalil and trade Williams (don't trust him).
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:00 PM   #127
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I think if we're not in the top 5 then we're likely to trade down and get one of the supposed 2nd tier QBs and add picks. But that's just my guess

If we are in the top 5 I'm still not totally convinced we're taking one of the big 3 at QB
Unless we address the QB position via trade or FA prior to the draft, I cannot see anything short of the big 3 at QB being our pick otherwise there will be an all out revolt among the fan base. While Shanny doesn't just do things based on that, he'd be foolish to expect otherwise.. I think we're at the crucial point where we have to make a bold move to secure the future at that position.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #128
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I agree with you that if the skins are not in the top 5 and the big 3 QB's are gone that they would trade down, that makes the most sense. Now if they are in top 5 and one of the big 3 is there, I would pounce on any of them, whoever is available. Here's another scenario, how about if the big 3 are gone and Kalil falls in our laps? I would pick Kalil and trade Williams (don't trust him).

How about draft Kalil and move him or TW to RT and have the best Tackle duo in the NFL? Honestly QB is the way to go no doubt and if not I'd trade down and draft BPA then
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:07 PM   #129
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Unless we address the QB position via trade or FA prior to the draft, I cannot see anything short of the big 3 at QB being our pick otherwise there will be an all out revolt among the fan base. While Shanny doesn't just do things based on that, he'd be foolish to expect otherwise.. I think we're at the crucial point where we have to make a bold move to secure the future at that position.
Well I did bring up Colt McCoy several weeks back but I don't think he's necessarily coming here. He's just someone that could be available.

A lot of people talk about Flynn and Hoyer. I think the Seahawks are going to go hard after Flynn and Hoyer stays in NE.

There is someone else rumored, but I'll keep that name under wraps and regardless he wouldn't deter the Redskins from drafting a QB

And as for the QB, the big 3 we all know of isn't necessarily the Redskins big 3. Of course, whether some guys even come out will make a huge difference
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #130
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Just food for thought, the Eli Manning deal years ago was swapping 1st round picks (1 & 4), a third in that draft plus 1st and 5th in the following year's draft.

When Cutler came out, the Broncos gave up a third to move up 4 spots from 15 to 11.

For Sanchez, the Jets gave up their 1st and 2nd plus three players to move from 17 to 5.

The Falcons this year gave up their 1st, 2nd and 4th plus 2011 1st and 4th round picks but they moved up 23 spots to get Julio Jones.

If we end up outside of the top 10 and want to get into the top 5, we will probably have to swap picks, plus at least a 3 this year and a 2 next year. I don't think it will cost two first round picks to move up if we are in the top 10 already unless we are trying to get to #1 from St. Louis to get Luck.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #131
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,815
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Good article:
Rick Snider: Here's the deal: The way for Redskins to draft a QB is via trade | Rick Snider | NFL | Washington Examiner
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #132
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Except for his moronic notion that the price starts at 3 first round picks which would be historically high. He's a terrible columnist.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #133
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Just food for thought, the Eli Manning deal years ago was swapping 1st round picks (1 & 4), a third in that draft plus 1st and 5th in the following year's draft.

When Cutler came out, the Broncos gave up a third to move up 4 spots from 15 to 11.

For Sanchez, the Jets gave up their 1st and 2nd plus three players to move from 17 to 5.

The Falcons this year gave up their 1st, 2nd and 4th plus 2011 1st and 4th round picks but they moved up 23 spots to get Julio Jones.

If we end up outside of the top 10 and want to get into the top 5, we will probably have to swap picks, plus at least a 3 this year and a 2 next year. I don't think it will cost two first round picks to move up if we are in the top 10 already unless we are trying to get to #1 from St. Louis to get Luck.
The Broncos made multiple trades to move up from 29 to 22 to 15 to finally 11.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #134
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
The Broncos made multiple trades to move up from 29 to 22 to 15 to finally 11.
Do you know the sum total of what they gave up? I was trying to establish some realistic expectations of moving 7-10 spots into the top 5 by showing what other teams recently paid to move. Some of the speculation is ridiculous.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #135
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,962
Re: 2012 Draft-QB Prospects (Part III)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Do you know the sum total of what they gave up? I was trying to establish some realistic expectations of moving 7-10 spots into the top 5 by showing what other teams recently paid to move. Some of the speculation is ridiculous.
Um. Let's see

2005: Traded 1st round pick to Redskins for 2005 3rd, 2006 1st, 2006 4th

2006: Traded 1st round pick (#29) to Falcons for 2006 1st (#15), 2006 3rd, and 2007 4th

(the #22 pick was part of a separate trade with SF)

2006: Traded #15 to Rams for #11, and 2006 3rd
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28367 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25