Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 AM   #151
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Blackmon just announced he is entering the draft.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 AM   #152
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
Blackmon just announced he is entering the draft.
U blame em? I think he did a while back to but still he dominates every team that has played OSU
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #153
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,653
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #154
Pro Bowl
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,427
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
U blame em? I think he did a while back to but still he dominates every team that has played OSU
He is a great player and I take back the character issue thing after the story with the little girl with cancer. I still want Luck!!
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #155
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
What??? I can see the Browns taking RGIII (but QB isn't even in their top 3 needs) the Rams & Bucs, each of whom have drafted a 1st round QB in the past 3 years are now going to want RGIII also? If that's the case (which it won't be) that's great for us because then a young QB will be easily available for us!
Well lets just for a moment look at each...

Colts- no way they pass on Luck.

Rams- "IF" Luck was passed up they would take him. Otherwise... RGIII. I just don't think they are as satisfied with Bradford as others think, and the rumors of the Rams trading Bradford and taking RGIII does not help.

Vikes- I doubt would take another QB. I think they stick with their 2011 draft pick.

Browns- are rumored to want RGIII. Especially if he's available still.

Bucks- funny I'm also a Bucks fan and didn't know/care that they took a QB recently. Maybe cause I didn't like their HC so I didn't pay too much attention to them the last couple a years since Gruden was fired. But whoever they had just didn't stick out as a "franchise" QB to me. I could see whoever takes over wanting to get "their" QB.

Redkins- hopefully whoever is the next best QB on the list. Maybe we should take a second look at Weeden from OSU since they just beat Stanford and gave Luck a loss in the bowl game.

Can I say this Mock Draft sucks?...
2012 NFL Draft: Preliminary order set for first 20 picks - NFL - Sporting News

they think we need a DT yet Jarvis Jenkins will be coming back next year. WTF? How about QB, WR, FS, or OL, before we pick another DT.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:51 AM   #156
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

If Luck, and RGIII are off the board and whoever MS is looking at, at QB is supposed to be a 2nd round pick would you take a top WR to compliment Hankerson and pick the QB in the 2nd round?

I know we are not satisfied but lets just say the coaching staff is somewhat ok with the OL. Then the only major worries would be QB, and WR on the offensive side of the ball. I think MS is happy with Hightower, Hulu, and Royster at RB for next year. Then we have at TE Cooley (if he's able to come back), Davis, and Paulsen (not to mention Quinn and Myers). I could see another FB as depth with Young.

So if the Skins are eyeing someone who is supposed to be 2nd round material then I'd either take him anyway at #6-1st round to ensure I had him or maybe I'd take the top WR to have another weapon on offense then take a QB in the second round. or just trade back again like last year for more picks and take the QB I wanted later in the 1st round.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 AM   #157
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

OSU Weeden looked pretty good and sharp.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM   #158
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
What??? I can see the Browns taking RGIII (but QB isn't even in their top 3 needs) the Rams & Bucs, each of whom have drafted a 1st round QB in the past 3 years are now going to want RGIII also? If that's the case (which it won't be) that's great for us because then a young QB will be easily available for us!
For any team that is need of a qb, the qb is always the number 1 need.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:58 AM   #159
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,653
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
If Luck, and RGIII are off the board and whoever MS is looking at, at QB is supposed to be a 2nd round pick would you take a top WR to compliment Hankerson and pick the QB in the 2nd round?

I know we are not satisfied but lets just say the coaching staff is somewhat ok with the OL. Then the only major worries would be QB, and WR on the offensive side of the ball. I think MS is happy with Hightower, Hulu, and Royster at RB for next year. Then we have at TE Cooley (if he's able to come back), Davis, and Paulsen (not to mention Quinn and Myers). I could see another FB as depth with Young.

So if the Skins are eyeing someone who is supposed to be 2nd round material then I'd either take him anyway at #6-1st round to ensure I had him or maybe I'd take the top WR to have another weapon on offense then take a QB in the second round. or just trade back again like last year for more picks and take the QB I wanted later in the 1st round.
Hankerson, Blackmon, Davis, Cooley, Gaffney, Moss. Who ya gonna cover, who ya gonna cover?

Oh, sometimes I wish it worked like that. Would be so much easier then finding the right trigger man. Still I don't know. I still say you either go hard for RGIII or sign Flynn. Tannehill does not seem like a franchise QB.

1. Bradford
2. RGIII
3. Dalton
4. Flynn
5. Locker
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:00 AM   #160
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

My mind is made up -- I want Justin Blackmon in Burgundy and Gold. 'Nuff said.

Funny, tonight Fletcher tweeted Andrew Luck would look good in Burgundy and Gold.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #161
Special Teams
 
WestCoastSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 32
Posts: 227
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Call me crazy, but I think we stand at #6, and we get RG3.

The Browns do still have McCoy, and if they let Hillis walk, I think they'll be more concerned about upgrading WR or RB.
WestCoastSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:22 AM   #162
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Hankerson, Blackmon, Davis, Cooley, Gaffney, Moss. Who ya gonna cover, who ya gonna cover?

Oh, sometimes I wish it worked like that. Would be so much easier then finding the right trigger man. Still I don't know. I still say you either go hard for RGIII or sign Flynn. Tannehill does not seem like a franchise QB.

1. Bradford
2. RGIII
3. Dalton
4. Flynn
5. Locker
I'd love for us to get Luck or RGIII but I think they will already be gone and I don't subscribe to the idea of throwing our whole draft away to get either one.

I'm not sure what you numbering system was for? I'm guessing your thinking Bradford if we can trade for him, RGIII if he's available, you lost me with Dalton (Cinci ?) unless there is another Dalton declaring this year there is no way Cinci trades away Dalton. I understand you like Flynn, and Locker? So I'm confused with the numbers 3 and 5. They were just drafted last year and I would presume their teams would like to keep them and see if they become something special. Dalton will be.

Here's my plan... (JK)... the Skins trade out of the #6 pick for more picks and take a QB late in the 1st round. In the 2nd round they trade out and hopefully from the 1st round trade they get a mid 2nd and a late 2nd by trading back.... take a WR, and another QB (lol), then in the 3rd round trade one of the two 3rd rounders (our original and the second from the trade back in the 2nd round) and take a OL, and QB (lol) so see where I'm going with this.... lol. maybe if every other pick we take a QB one or two will work out and we can cut Beck and the one who sat on the PS all year for the two new guys. lol. keep trading back picking up more picks in order to off set all the QB's being taken. lol.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:27 AM   #163
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Out of the two games I watched tonight Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl I was impressed with Lucks decision making, Weeden's as well and his accuracy, and Oregons Darren Thomas. I think if Luck and RGIII are off the board then I'd go WR hopefully Blackmon to compliment Hankerson, Moss, and Gaffney. Then I'd take the QB in 2nd round. Maybe I'd look to trading back in other rounds and if another young QB was available I might take a 4th or later round QB for the PS. Hopefully out of the two one steps up and helps out the team so we can sit Grossman.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #164
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 16,278
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

if you can't get luck/RGIII, sign flynn and draft blackmon/claiborne... whatever happens, don't whiff.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:34 AM   #165
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,653
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'm not sure what you numbering system was for? I'm guessing your thinking Bradford if we can trade for him, RGIII if he's available, you lost me with Dalton (Cinci ?) unless there is another Dalton declaring this year there is no way Cinci trades away Dalton. I understand you like Flynn, and Locker? So I'm confused with the numbers 3 and 5. They were just drafted last year and I would presume their teams would like to keep them and see if they become something special. Dalton will be.
The list was made to show how I view previously considered prospects to the two main options this year in RG3 and Flynn. Obviously we won't be acquiring Locker or Dalton anytime in the near future and the chance of getting Bradford is less then 5%.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28978 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25