Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #556
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,060
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

flacco is a rich man's scott mitchell
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #557
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,875
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Elite Level QBs:
Brady, Manning, Manning, Rodgers, Brees,

Next Level QBs: (Very Good to Great)
Rivers, Cutler, Stafford, Romo, Vick, Flacco, Ryan, Schaub

Next Level QBs: (Above Average to Good)
Newton, Dalton, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Smith

Next Level QBs: (Average)
Orton, Cassel, JC, Fitzpatrick, Kolb, Sanchez, Bradford, Ponder, Moore, Freeman

Next Level QBs: (Bad to Below Average)
McCoy, Tebow, Gabbert

Next Level QBs: (Why are these guys out there?)
Grossman, Jackson
Where does Roethlisberger stand on your list? I only ask because him and Manning have had similar careers, 2 SB wins each aided in part by great defense along with opportunistic offense.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM   #558
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

hes elite to me, i dont like the guy but he gets it done
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #559
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,688
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Flacco is not great but gets the job done. The Ravens have been to the playoffs every year he's been their starting QB. He plays in a tough conference, which features a perennial top ten defense (Steelers). He's not elite, but he's not terrible. I don't get people sh*tting on him all the time (including dumb a$$ Ravens fans).

Sans this years AFC Championship game Flacco doesn't get it done when the game is on the line. Basically Flacco can't put the Ravens on his back and will them a win and that is what makes a great QB IMO.

Raven's fans dislike him becasue he is stuck at average QB and they thought he was the next Johnny U. the Ravens have given him plenty of weapons and he still doesn't dazzle.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!

Last edited by mredskins; 03-05-2012 at 09:01 AM.
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #560
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Sans this years AFC Championship game Flacco doesn't get it done when the game is on the line. Basically Flacco can't put the Ravens on his back and will them a win and that is what makes a great QB IMO.

Raven's dislike him becasue he is stuck at average QB and they thought he was the next Johnny U. the Ravens have given him plenty of weapons and he still doesn't dazzle.
And that's why I call him an adequate QB. And he doesn't need to put the Ravens on his back, given that they've always had above average running game and elite defense.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #561
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,688
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
And that's why I call him an adequate QB. And he doesn't need to put the Ravens on his back, given that they've always had above average running game and elite defense.
Exactly he ain't bad but ain't nothing special either.

Folks on here that think he is great what would you trade to get him?
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #562
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,720
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Where does Roethlisberger stand on your list? I only ask because him and Manning have had similar careers, 2 SB wins each aided in part by great defense along with opportunistic offense.
You have to deduct points for alleged sexual assault.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #563
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,875
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
You have to deduct points for alleged sexual assault.
You know, I think he did it, which makes him a POS as a person, but in this list on field performance should be the only measurement. Hence why Vick is in the good-to-great category. I still think Vick, whilst saying and doing all the right things in the public eye, probably isn't as sorry as people think he is.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:23 AM   #564
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,720
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Flacco is not great but gets the job done. The Ravens have been to the playoffs every year he's been their starting QB. He plays in a tough conference, which features a perennial top ten defense (Steelers). He's not elite, but he's not terrible. I don't get people sh*tting on him all the time (including dumb a$$ Ravens fans).
I think the reason people defecate on him is if he was the terrific QB some people make him out to be, with the talent he has surrounding him they should have been going deep into the playoffs every year. But with the exception of his rookie year in 2008 where they won their first two playoff games, the Ravens have been one and done in the playoffs each year since.

Any average quarterback can get a stacked team to the playoffs. Jason Campbell could do that. Buy my point is, how can Flacco be even marginally better than Campbell when their numbers are fairly similar and Flacco has played on stacked teams and Campbell has played on not great teams? In my mind, that makes Flacco look worse than better.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #565
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,125
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Flacco is another Jim McMahon. Not really a prolific passer like Elway or Marino, but a QB who has decent wideouts, a powerful running game, and a ferocious defense.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #566
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
I think the reason people defecate on him is if he was the terrific QB some people make him out to be, with the talent he has surrounding him they should have been going deep into the playoffs every year. But with the exception of his rookie year in 2008 where they won their first two playoff games, the Ravens have been one and done in the playoffs each year since.

Any average quarterback can get a stacked team to the playoffs. Jason Campbell could do that. Buy my point is, how can Flacco be even marginally better than Campbell when their numbers are fairly similar and Flacco has played on stacked teams and Campbell has played on not great teams? In my mind, that makes Flacco look worse than better.
You make it sound like we're talking about a 10 year period....but it's been only 4 years. And in those 4 years:

- 2008: Lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game (as a rookie)
- 2009: Lost to the Colts in the 2nd round of the playoffs
- 2010: Lost to the Steelers in the 2nd round of the playoffs (the game where both Boldin and TJ Housh dropped TDs in the 4th quarter)
- 2011: The Ravens were a Lee Evans dropped TD from going to the Superbowl

I'd be curious to see what other average/below average QBs could do with a team like the Ravens. Still, you have to have some talent to be a playoff team four years in a row, including two AFC Championship appearances...or at the do enough to get the team there.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #567
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,688
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You make it sound like we're talking about a 10 year period....but it's been only 4 years. And in those 4 years:

- 2008: Lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game (as a rookie)
- 2009: Lost to the Colts in the 2nd round of the playoffs
- 2010: Lost to the Steelers in the 2nd round of the playoffs (the game where both Boldin and TJ Housh dropped TDs in the 4th quarter)
- 2011: The Ravens were a Lee Evans dropped TD from going to the Superbowl

I'd be curious to see what other average/below average QBs could do with a team like the Ravens. Still, you have to have some talent to be a playoff team four years in a row, including two AFC Championship appearances...or at the do enough to get the team there.
Ok bottom line would yo uwant him on the Skins over say Peyton or RG3? I would not. I take him over Sanchez.

If you put JF on the Skins between 08 to 11 he would not have had that same success in the playoffs or even had seen the playoffs.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #568
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Ok bottom line would yo uwant him on the Skins over say Peyton or RG3? I would not. I take him over Sanchez.

If you put JF on the Skins between 08 to 11 he would not have had that same success in the playoffs or even had seen the playoffs.
People here are arguing that Flacco is a below average QB on the Ravens. I haven't said that he's elite or anything like that. I just make the argument that he's a good QB on a team with a very good running game and a very good/elite defense. Still, even with all of that, a QB has to have some talent to have the type of success the Ravens have had...or at the least manage the position well enough to have that success.

Who knows if he had had success here with the Redskins. The point is that he's been a good QB in the situation he has been with the Ravens.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #569
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,720
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
You make it sound like we're talking about a 10 year period....but it's been only 4 years. And in those 4 years:

- 2008: Lost to the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game (as a rookie)
- 2009: Lost to the Colts in the 2nd round of the playoffs
- 2010: Lost to the Steelers in the 2nd round of the playoffs (the game where both Boldin and TJ Housh dropped TDs in the 4th quarter)
- 2011: The Ravens were a Lee Evans dropped TD from going to the Superbowl

I'd be curious to see what other average/below average QBs could do with a team like the Ravens. Still, you have to have some talent to be a playoff team four years in a row, including two AFC Championship appearances...or at the do enough to get the team there.
You must not have ready my post. I never said anything about 10 years. I think 4 years is long enough to describe someone's body of work. My point was any average quarterback can go deep in the playoffs with a stacked team. Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith. All of these guys are not top tier QB's yet made it deep in the playoffs because their teams were stacked at skill positions on offense defense and teams.

You said "Still, you have to have some talent to be a playoff team four years in a row." Any average QB in the NFL has some talent. And that is exactly my point, that Flacco is good enough to get them TO the playoffs but not to the Super Bowl. He hasn't been able to beat the elite teams. You have to be the best to be the best. All of the average QB's I listed won or got close to the Super Bowl. Not because they were great, but because their teams were great. You haven't said anything different than what I said really.
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3

Last edited by SkinzWin; 03-05-2012 at 11:22 AM.
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #570
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,000
Re: And with the 6th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the redskins select...........

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinzWin View Post
You must not have ready my post. I never said anything about 10 years. I think 4 years is long enough to describe someone's body of work. My point was any average quarterback can go deep in the playoffs with a stacked team. Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Mark Sanchez, Alex Smith. All of these guys are not top tier QB's yet made it deep in the playoffs because their teams were stacked at skill positions on offense defense and teams.

You said "Still, you have to have some talent to be a playoff team four years in a row." Any average QB in the NFL has some talent. And that is exactly my point, that Flacco is good enough to get them TO the playoffs but not to the Super Bowl. He hasn't been able to beat the elite teams. You have to be the best to be the best. All of the average QB's I listed won or got close to the Super Bowl. Not because they were great, but because their teams were great. You haven't said anything different than what I said really.
I don't think my opinion is that far away from yours. I just don't think Flacco is as terrible as some people make him out to be. I am not going to be naive and say that he's elite and on the same level as Brady/Manning/Brees, but the way some people talk about him (including Ravens fan) it would make you think that he is the QB of a perennial loser.
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32691 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25