Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #16
Eternally Legendary
 
saden1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seattle
Age: 35
Posts: 10,058
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsLove24/7 View Post
.RG3 has declared and Matt Flynn is the "real deal" with 130 career pass attempts? I just can't justify that or call it logical to give him a bundle of money. There are plenty of other options later in the draft plus bradford/clausen/mccoy..plenty of other logical options out there.
I've see enough of him to know he can play the game at a high level. Lets also not forget he won a national championship. I would feel more comfortable with him than the qbs you mentioned..mccoy and clausen? Really?
__________________
"The Redskins have always suffered from chronic organizational deformities under Snyder."

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-15-2012, 02:26 AM   #17
Playmaker
 
Redskins8588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ridgway, PA
Age: 36
Posts: 2,519
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

I think that the Redskins FO should go after a vet QB in free agency like Flynn and draft Blackmon. I think that the Redskins need more youth at WR...
__________________
"I am the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice" - Sean Taylor
Redskins8588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #18
Playmaker
 
redskins5044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Schertz, Tx
Age: 35
Posts: 3,208
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins8588 View Post
I think that the Redskins FO should go after a vet QB in free agency like Flynn and draft Blackmon. I think that the Redskins need more youth at WR...
They would have to trade up to get Blackmon, if the skins trade up and it's not for a QB there will be a lot of pissed and confused fans, but who knows what shanahan is thinking.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #19
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
They would have to trade up to get Blackmon, if the skins trade up and it's not for a QB there will be a lot of pissed and confused fans, but who knows what shanahan is thinking.
WRs are dime a dozen, and the best ones routinely watch the playoffs from home. The best QBs are in the playoffs every year. I hope they don't do that. There will be several WRs taken later and some not even drafted (Victor Cruz anyone?) that will turn out to be just as good or better than Blackmon. Every year there's a can't miss 6'1 guy like Blackmon. See Crabtree, see also Detroit Lions, see also Micheal Westbrook. We need size. Alshon Jeffery at 6'4 can be had later in the first.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #20
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Deezel View Post
WRs are dime a dozen, and the best ones routinely watch the playoffs from home. The best QBs are in the playoffs every year. I hope they don't do that. There will be several WRs taken later and some not even drafted (Victor Cruz anyone?) that will turn out to be just as good or better than Blackmon. Every year there's a can't miss 6'1 guy like Blackmon. See Crabtree, see also Detroit Lions, see also Micheal Westbrook. We need size. Alshon Jeffery at 6'4 can be had later in the first.
Philip Rivers is looking around wondering why he's not considered a "best QB."

Roethlisberger, Brady, Peyton Manning are in the playoffs every year, but the only one of the three that didn't play for a machine of an organization that could have kept on going without him is Manning (though I don't know if the Pats of the last two years could have survived another Brady injury). Meanwhile, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Eli Manning have all missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons recently, and while Aaron Rodgers is quickly reaching the first category, there was a 6-10 season in the not too distant past for the Packers. Matt Schaub has gotten the Texans to the playoffs just once.

The attribution mistake is that you're lumping the quarterbacks with entirely all the credit, and in the cases of the elite, perhaps they deserve that much credit, but great quarterbacks miss the playoffs every year. That's not supposed to make them less great. Joe Flacco makes the playoffs every year, that doesn't make Flacco a top level player. But if you're comparing him to Drew Brees, Flacco's team performs consistently better in the regular season and the playoffs.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #21
Special Teams
 
chrisl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 2 Minutes away from Fedex Field, Maryland
Posts: 363
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Only trade Shannahan should be making is trading up. Don't mess around another year and not draft a young qb. We have been doing that since Jason Campbell. I need for them to realize that drafting a qb is an urgent need and should be done. Get RG3 and stop the games.
__________________
Skins, '04 - Forever.
chrisl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
Only trade Shannahan should be making is trading up. Don't mess around another year and not draft a young qb. We have been doing that since Jason Campbell. I need for them to realize that drafting a qb is an urgent need and should be done. Get RG3 and stop the games.
Not only do I disagree, I strongly disagree. We need quality depth all over the board. Anyone else see the hurting the Pats put on the Broncos, all because of depth? I prefer a Kerrigan trade down to net more picks. How did that work out again?
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #23
Special Teams
 
chrisl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 2 Minutes away from Fedex Field, Maryland
Posts: 363
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Not only do I disagree, I strongly disagree. We need quality depth all over the board. Anyone else see the hurting the Pats put on the Broncos, all because of depth? I prefer a Kerrigan trade down to net more picks. How did that work out again?
No, the Pats beat the Broncos so badly because they have a stud at the qb position and the broncos do not.
__________________
Skins, '04 - Forever.
chrisl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #24
Playmaker
 
SkinzWin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,725
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
No, the Pats beat the Broncos so badly because they have a stud at the qb position and the broncos do not.
Bingo. And unlike the Patriots, the likelihood of us finding a franchise diamond in the rough like Brady in the 6th round because we trade back isn't going to happen...
__________________
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Draft winners, not stars.

Hail to the Redskins
Hail victory
Braves on the warpath
Block for RG3
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #25
Pro Bowl
 
skinsguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Posts: 6,666
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
No, the Pats beat the Broncos so badly because they have a stud at the qb position and the broncos do not.
Well, Brady also has stud receivers and tight ends to throw to (Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez.) I still have high hopes for Tim Tebow next year.
__________________
"Fire Up That Diesel!"
skinsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
Special Teams
 
chrisl13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 2 Minutes away from Fedex Field, Maryland
Posts: 363
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Well, Brady also has stud receivers and tight ends to throw to (Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez.) I still have high hopes for Tim Tebow next year.
We all know Brady is the main ingredient in their success though.
__________________
Skins, '04 - Forever.
chrisl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
Not only do I disagree, I strongly disagree. We need quality depth all over the board. Anyone else see the hurting the Pats put on the Broncos, all because of depth? I prefer a Kerrigan trade down to net more picks. How did that work out again?
It remains to be seen. Kerrigan is a solid player but probably not a franchise type (defensive player). We don't know anything about Jenkins and precious little about Hankerson. Helu should be a solid rotation back if he can stay healthy.

Mike's 2011 draft could turn out to be very good, but it's hardly a foregone conclusion.
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #28
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
Philip Rivers is looking around wondering why he's not considered a "best QB."

Roethlisberger, Brady, Peyton Manning are in the playoffs every year, but the only one of the three that didn't play for a machine of an organization that could have kept on going without him is Manning (though I don't know if the Pats of the last two years could have survived another Brady injury). Meanwhile, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Tony Romo, and Eli Manning have all missed the playoffs in consecutive seasons recently, and while Aaron Rodgers is quickly reaching the first category, there was a 6-10 season in the not too distant past for the Packers. Matt Schaub has gotten the Texans to the playoffs just once.

The attribution mistake is that you're lumping the quarterbacks with entirely all the credit, and in the cases of the elite, perhaps they deserve that much credit, but great quarterbacks miss the playoffs every year. That's not supposed to make them less great. Joe Flacco makes the playoffs every year, that doesn't make Flacco a top level player. But if you're comparing him to Drew Brees, Flacco's team performs consistently better in the regular season and the playoffs.
Philip Rivers shouldn't be looking around. He should be looking in the mirror. He had a sh*tty year, plain and simple. He's usually in the playoffs or right in the hunt.

And machine of an organization? Huh? The Pats were a machine before Brady? The Saints before Brees? Look at the teams that are in the playoffs and look at the teams that draft in the first 10 spots each year. The main thing they have in common is QB play. The ones with the worst are picking early while the ones with the best are GENERALLY in the playoffs or at least in the hunt just about every year.

I don't give QBs all the credit, but they deserve a lot of it.

And while Flacco may not be top tier, he's pretty good, and they're a consistent contender with him. The Dilfer year is the exception to the rule, but they didn't fare that well with the likes of Boler and Elvis at the helm.

And who are the great QBs that miss the playoffs every year? I'm not saying a really good QB can't miss the playoffs from time to time, but is there a team with a really good QB that consistently misses the playoffs?
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #29
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
Well, Brady also has stud receivers and tight ends to throw to (Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez.) I still have high hopes for Tim Tebow next year.
Who were his stud WRs when he was winning those 3 Super Bowls? And Welker's best year before going to NE was 687 yards.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #30
The Starter
 
44Deezel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Davidsonville
Posts: 1,703
Re: Drafting at 6? A trade with Cincy makes sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl13 View Post
No, the Pats beat the Broncos so badly because they have a stud at the qb position and the broncos do not.
The Broncos WRs would be all world playing in New England.
44Deezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.45469 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25