Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #46
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,063
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Is Luck hiding something too?
he gets nervous around balls with no white stripes. he does therapy with a professional every day, but he's just not ready, yet
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #47
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Is Luck hiding something too?
the funny part is that he's suggesting that throwing at the combine is somehow closer to Pro Football than actual College ball is...
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #48
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,912
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
That tape is college ball which has almost nothing to do with pro football.
LOL. What do you suggest, we let them play in the NFL for a minimum of two years before we subject them to the scouting combine?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #49
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
the funny part is that he's suggesting that throwing at the combine is somehow closer to Pro Football than actual College ball is...
Not really. What I'm suggesting that college ball is nothing at all like pro and guys who look great in college can look pretty crummy in the pros and vice versa. There are just too many huge mis-matches and talent differences in college that can make guys look much better than than they are.

Is Luck hiding something? I dont know but I doubt it, I dont think RGIII is either. The thing with Luck is he's a pro style QB while RGIII isnt so I'm much more wary of RGIII.

Last edited by irish; 02-23-2012 at 11:37 AM.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #50
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Not really. What I'm suggesting that college ball is nothing at all like pro and guys who look great in college can look pretty crummy in the pros and vice versa. There are just too many huge mis-matches and talent differences in college.

Is Luck hiding something? I dont know but I doubt it. The thing with Luck is he's a pro style QB while RGIII isnt so I'm much more wary of RGIII.
Ok, so what would throwing at the Combine prove? That he could play at the next level? How would the fact that he's not a pro style QB come across is a few passing drills at the combine anyways?

I just don't get your point.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:41 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,063
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

at his pro day he's going to throw chalked balls at moving motorized carts with targets on them
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #52
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,817
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

I think most teams and evaluators put more stock in watching game film vs throwing in shorts at the combine.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #53
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
Ok, so what would throwing at the Combine prove? That he could play at the next level? How would the fact that he's not a pro style QB come across is a few passing drills at the combine anyways?

I just don't get your point.
Its another way to show arm strength and accuracy. Its not going to make or break him but if he keeps showing he can throw powerfully and accurately then maybe he will be able to be successfull in a pro offense. I doubt any of this matters as the teams that want him will take him no matter what his size, arm strength or accuracy.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:50 AM   #54
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,063
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Its another way to show arm strength and accuracy. Its not going to make or break him but if he keeps showing he can throw powerfully and accurately then maybe he will be able to be successfull in a pro offense. I doubt any of this matters as the teams that want him will take him no matter what his size, arm strength or accuracy.
if he doesn't throw at the combine, what red flag does it raise, exactly?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,640
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think most teams and evaluators put more stock in watching game film vs throwing in shorts at the combine.
And wisely so.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #56
The Starter
 
Swarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 25
Posts: 1,035
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Its another way to show arm strength and accuracy. Its not going to make or break him but if he keeps showing he can throw powerfully and accurately then maybe he will be able to be successfull in a pro offense. I doubt any of this matters as the teams that want him will take him no matter what his size, arm strength or accuracy.
I see what you're trying to get at but I just can't follow that logic. RGIII has plenty of throws on tape that show both of those attributes off much better than any drill at the combine would.
__________________
doing it all in the spirit of the salary cap!
Swarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #57
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,630
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekSkin View Post
I see what you're trying to get at but I just can't follow that logic. RGIII has plenty of throws on tape that show both of those attributes off much better than any drill at the combine would.
Its not an either or, its a combo of the tape and seeing him throw in person.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #58
Playmaker
 
celts32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hackettstown NJ
Age: 43
Posts: 2,656
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

I would like to see RG3 and Luck throw at the combine just because it would be fun to watch but the reality is it means nothing in terms of the evaluation process. They have nothing to lose or gain by doing it. The important things for Luck & RG3 this week will happen off the field.
__________________
Section 115 Row 23

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

http://victorybeer.com/
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:44 PM   #59
Impact Rookie
 
Son Of Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 643
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Its not an either or, its a combo of the tape and seeing him throw in person.
Spinning the ball in shorts and a tee shirt may help an under the radar player get noticed....prompting scouts to take a closer look at his game film.

I seriously doubt that it helps prospects who are already highly touted and well scouted.
__________________
RG3 or bust!!!!!!!!!!
Son Of Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #60
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: The Official 2012 NFL Combine Thread

Matt Kalil 6'6" 306 lbs

Riley Reiff 6'5" 313 lbs
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27636 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25