Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

NFL Draft Central


View Poll Results: Do you approve of the Redskins' trade up to #2?
Yes 193 91.47%
No 18 8.53%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #646
Impact Rookie
 
Skinsfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 781
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsman18 View Post
Allow me to pose this question to everyone:

Would you trade our #2 overall pick to a team if they come over the top with even more draft picks than what we gave up? For example: Browns offer us this years 2 1st rounders, this years 2nd round pick, & 2013 1st and 2nd round picks.
More importantly, would you do this deal if you found out Peyton would sign with us? Take all those picks, sign peyton and others in free agency, and use the Browns picks next year to get Barkley.
Skinsfanatic is offline  

Advertisements
Old 03-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #647
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tannehill at #4 then?
Love the humor.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #648
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsman18 View Post
Allow me to pose this question to everyone:

Would you trade our #2 overall pick to a team if they come over the top with even more draft picks than what we gave up? For example: Browns offer us this years 2 1st rounders, this years 2nd round pick, & 2013 1st and 2nd round picks.
Its kinda a pointless hypothetical but I'll bite:

2 first rounders + a 2nd rounder + 2013 1st and 2nd rounders?

Yes, I would make that trade.
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole

Last edited by 30gut; 03-11-2012 at 01:25 PM.
30gut is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #649
Playmaker
 
irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,730
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinsman18 View Post
Allow me to pose this question to everyone:

Would you trade our #2 overall pick to a team if they come over the top with even more draft picks than what we gave up? For example: Browns offer us this years 2 1st rounders, this years 2nd round pick, & 2013 1st and 2nd round picks.
I think you'd have to be crazy not to take that offer.
irish is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #650
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Watch HIGHLIGHT film of this guy (RG3) and you won't make that deal IMO. Meaning we would NOT trade back with cleveland to #4.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #651
Playmaker
 
Paintrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Age: 44
Posts: 4,952
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Will some of you feel better if we package our 3rd and 4th to move back up into the 2nd? We'd still have 4th, 5th, 6th and at least one 7th.
__________________
Challenge Greatness! Be A Leader! Make A Difference!
Paintrain is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 02:49 PM   #652
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,177
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Will some of you feel better if we package our 3rd and 4th to move back up into the 2nd? We'd still have 4th, 5th, 6th and at least one 7th.
i feel fine about where we stand
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #653
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Is anyone else feeling the sticker shock of the Griffin deal wearing off and pure joy arising from having a stud QB?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #654
Camp Scrub
 
PaulieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tannehill at #4 then?
I'm thinking no. I think RG3 was worth risking letting go of McCoy or pissing him off drafting his perceived replacement. I'm not so sure if Tannehill is worth the gamble, when one could argue that McCoy is a couple supporting cast members of being a better than average QB. That's how I see it, anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Is anyone else feeling the sticker shock of the Griffin deal wearing off and pure joy arising from having a stud QB?
I know I am. This is the most hopeful I've felt in more than a decade.

Last edited by PaulieG; 03-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.
PaulieG is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #655
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,989
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Will some of you feel better if we package our 3rd and 4th to move back up into the 2nd? We'd still have 4th, 5th, 6th and at least one 7th.
If things somehow shook out that we could move up to get Mike Adams in the 2nd, I'd go for that.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #656
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,221
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Never had the sticker shock in the first place.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:17 PM   #657
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Is anyone else feeling the sticker shock of the Griffin deal wearing off and pure joy arising from having a stud QB?
I don't think this trade changes the fact that the Redskins have been on pace to compete for the NFC East title in 2013. It might lower their chances to remain compeitive in 2014, 2015 (it also could raise their chances), etc. But I always anticipated them coming away with a very good high first round player in this year's draft, and it certainly looks like they are going to prove that anticipation correct.

I don't know if I ever had sticker shock because the team had never convinced me it knew what it was doing before. So I wasn't like WHOA WHERE DID THOSE CAJONES COME FROM?!?!?! It was consistent with what we had seen from the Redskins before.

My first emotion when word of the trade was joy, and then the joy faded when it became obvious that the Redskins didn't pull of a great deal or better their team or anything. They just cashed in their chips in what I would call a calculated, though impatient, manner.

Free agency was always going to define the quality of their offseason IMO. So I'm definitely still taking a wait and see approach to grading this offseason because we don't know how well they've set the team up for the future yet.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #658
Camp Scrub
 
simbosargos75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 62
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Is anyone else feeling the sticker shock of the Griffin deal wearing off and pure joy arising from having a stud QB?
This is where I'm at. I was shocked at what it cost, but it cost what it cost. We have a qb. Finally. It's going to be very exciting If nothing else.

Also, I have no photoshop skills, so it'll be a while before I get banned.
simbosargos75 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #659
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
Also, I have no photoshop skills, so it'll be a while before I get banned.
Oh, man that was good.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline  
Old 03-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #660
Camp Scrub
 
PaulieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7
Re: Redskins agree to trade for No.2 overall pick in 2012 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I don't think this trade changes the fact that the Redskins have been on pace to compete for the NFC East title in 2013. It might lower their chances to remain compeitive in 2014, 2015 (it also could raise their chances), etc. But I always anticipated them coming away with a very good high first round player in this year's draft, and it certainly looks like they are going to prove that anticipation correct.

I don't know if I ever had sticker shock because the team had never convinced me it knew what it was doing before. So I wasn't like WHOA WHERE DID THOSE CAJONES COME FROM?!?!?! It was consistent with what we had seen from the Redskins before.

My first emotion when word of the trade was joy, and then the joy faded when it became obvious that the Redskins didn't pull of a great deal or better their team or anything. They just cashed in their chips in what I would call a calculated, though impatient, manner.

Free agency was always going to define the quality of their offseason IMO. So I'm definitely still taking a wait and see approach to grading this offseason because we don't know how well they've set the team up for the future yet.
I really hope that they snag at least one of the top tier wide receivers for RG3 to throw to. Bowe or Jackson would be nice. I'm hearing noise that Shanny really wants VJax. I wasn't really thrilled about it at first. However, I just heard a story about VJax. Apparently, on a recent flight, VJax helped a disabled veteran from his seat to the airplane bathroom, and before the guy got off the plane, he went out of his way to give him an autograph. If that represents his character, then I'd welcome him on this team.

Last edited by PaulieG; 03-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.
PaulieG is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28242 seconds with 10 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25