Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,875
2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 AM   #2
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 12,059
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned
GC, it's time to let it die.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,419
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned
Me , I hope he falls to rd two and we make a move and draft him ! 7th rd possible picks , G Mondek ( Purdue ) , RB Smith ( Utah St ) , ran a 4.3 at pro day w/out .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,334
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If you "break" news of Morris Claiborne's Wonderlic score here...consider yourself banned
Can I break the news of Dirtbag's Wonderlic score?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
Registered User
 
SBXVII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,766
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?

Former Longhorn star Brian Orakpo's little brother, Mike, involved in beating Colorado State students - The Big Mac Blog

edit: He's a LB.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #6
Camp Scrub
 
kerrigan91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 2
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?


edit: He's a LB.
First off I am new to the forum so I can't post links unfortunately, but I'll do my best to relay the important details of the articles and videos that i would have attached.

Mike Orakpo is saying he is innocent. He tweeted a bible verse which reads, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.''

Also, the article does state that two weeks prior on St. Patty's Day, he was involved in a fight in which he was protecting a teammate who got stabbed. He very likely may have not had anything to do with the actual beating of the kid, but like the incident 2 weeks prior it could just be a case of bad timing around bad teammates. There is a video link to the news story about it and the reporter states that specific football players haven't officially been linked yet, it is only under investigation. One of the three kids who were attacked said that it was only one player that beat all of them.

If he gets kicked out of school, which very well may happen, I don't have any problem bringing him in as an UDFA. Even if he has behavioral problems (and he might not) maybe having his big brother (and hopefully london) there as mentors will be perfect. He is 6'1", 215 and built solidly (look at 0:20 of the upcoming video link)

There is a highlight of a monster hit he lays at the five yard line on youtube, just search "mike orakpo hit" and it will be the second link listed. This is from his freshman year. Sorry in advance for interesting editing/music choice of the video.

This could be a great pickup for this team as a possible future starting LB (maybe) He would have to be developed and groomed but an Orakpo brother tandem in the future could be terrifying for offenses around the NFL
kerrigan91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #7
The Starter
 
GridIron26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,596
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
So, I know people here and mainly the team itself is high on character, but would anyone think of taking a chance on Brian Orakpo's little brother Mike Orakpo? Players only have to be in college 2 yrs right? Any chance anyone would take him late in the draft or as an UDFA? or is it too late for him now to declare for the draft?

Former Longhorn star Brian Orakpo's little brother, Mike, involved in beating Colorado State students - The Big Mac Blog

edit: He's a LB.
Lol not exactly the best way to promote an idea of drafting/signing Mike.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:40 AM   #8
Gamebreaker
 
tryfuhl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Waldorf, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 12,514
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrigan91 View Post
First off I am new to the forum so I can't post links unfortunately, but I'll do my best to relay the important details of the articles and videos that i would have attached.

Mike Orakpo is saying he is innocent. He tweeted a bible verse which reads, "Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.''

Also, the article does state that two weeks prior on St. Patty's Day, he was involved in a fight in which he was protecting a teammate who got stabbed. He very likely may have not had anything to do with the actual beating of the kid, but like the incident 2 weeks prior it could just be a case of bad timing around bad teammates. There is a video link to the news story about it and the reporter states that specific football players haven't officially been linked yet, it is only under investigation. One of the three kids who were attacked said that it was only one player that beat all of them.

If he gets kicked out of school, which very well may happen, I don't have any problem bringing him in as an UDFA. Even if he has behavioral problems (and he might not) maybe having his big brother (and hopefully london) there as mentors will be perfect. He is 6'1", 215 and built solidly (look at 0:20 of the upcoming video link)

There is a highlight of a monster hit he lays at the five yard line on youtube, just search "mike orakpo hit" and it will be the second link listed. This is from his freshman year. Sorry in advance for interesting editing/music choice of the video.

This could be a great pickup for this team as a possible future starting LB (maybe) He would have to be developed and groomed but an Orakpo brother tandem in the future could be terrifying for offenses around the NFL
Teammate of theirs didn't seem very surprised

Video: Victims talk about vicious beating allegedly from three Colorado State players | Dr. Saturday - Yahoo! Sports

Pics of two of the kids

4 CSU students report beating by football players | The Coloradoan | coloradoan.com

Last edited by tryfuhl; 04-11-2012 at 02:45 AM.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,165
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

fighting frightens me. i got punched in the back of the head outside snowden 14 in columbia, no good reason.

what time does the draft start?
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #10
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,189
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

NFL.com news: Andrew Luck, RG3 among top prospects to attend 2012 NFL Draft
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,165
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

kerrigan is going again
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #12
Camp Scrub
 
joeyt56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Im a fan on finding that UDFA who becomes a beast in the NFL. Willie Smith, London Fletcher are both UDFAs that have helped this team. Watch this video of the OT from a small school who got on my radar for being at RG3s pro day. I know hes going against some awful defenses but at least he's dominating! Looks like a good fit in a ZBS, a mauler with a mean streak and a hell of a finisher! Please at least watch, then criticize me for this post..

Nate Menkin #65 UMHB Football Offensive Line Highlights - YouTube
joeyt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #13
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyt56 View Post
Im a fan on finding that UDFA who becomes a beast in the NFL. Willie Smith, London Fletcher are both UDFAs that have helped this team. Watch this video of the OT from a small school who got on my radar for being at RG3s pro day. I know hes going against some awful defenses but at least he's dominating! Looks like a good fit in a ZBS, a mauler with a mean streak and a hell of a finisher! Please at least watch, then criticize me for this post..

Nate Menkin #65 UMHB Football Offensive Line Highlights - YouTube
I caught a couple of his blocks, but he's not spot shadowed or circled in any of the highlights, so it's hard to see who we're looking at.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #14
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,188
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

T.Y Hilton is starting to intrigue me.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #15
Camp Scrub
 
joeyt56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 51
Re: 2012 NFL Draft Prospects (Scene 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
I caught a couple of his blocks, but he's not spot shadowed or circled in any of the highlights, so it's hard to see who we're looking at.
Huh, I actually thought they did a good job of circling him and I followed him very easily. #85 lined up mostly at left tackle.
joeyt56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29435 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25