Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #256
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,104
Detroit still has done nothing for that horrendous secondary
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #257
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

I love how so many people here act like this guy should have gone in 5th-7th round because AFTER we drafted him they did a google search and in 20 seconds saw some website comprised of opinions of people who are NOT NFL GMs gave him that grade. Our front office, and the other 31, pay staffs of scouts, coaches, and gms lots of money to evaluate college players. Team staffs spend MONTHS researching all these players in depth, and give each one of them a grade based on feedback provided by scouts, position coaches, coordinators, head coah, etc. but some people here label this guy a reach and piss on MONTHS of work because of a 20 second google search.

So if you're one of those who instantly criticized this pick, tell us all:

What do you know about him in 20 seconds that our team didn't find out in their extensive research?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #258
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,254
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew54 View Post
It saved lives last year, and it will again this year

Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
I just called and Chad Rinehart was on the other end telling me dont worry, Leribeus will pan out after he gets cut and plays for another team.
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 PM   #259
The Starter
 
redsk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,351
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Like him already:

Redskins select SMU G/C | Washington Examiner
redsk1 is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #260
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Oh goody the Eagles got Foles......eh 3rd round grade. Wouldn't draft.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #261
Special Teams
 
imaskin4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 283
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
She would bang a 7th round grade...

She just made me lick my laptop screen.
imaskin4life is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #262
Impact Rookie
 
skinster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 754
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Just saw tape on LeRibus. He looks really fast...but his combine numbers are so slow. Anyone know what the deal on his speed is? Does he have a good split and a bad last 20 yards?
skinster is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #263
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaskin4life View Post
She just made me lick my laptop screen.
Lol, I hear that.
Gtothearry is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #264
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,505
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
Just saw tape on LeRibus. He looks really fast...but his combine numbers are so slow. Anyone know what the deal on his speed is? Does he have a good split and a bad last 20 yards?
Speed isn't the name of the game. Offensive line is all about quickness. I'd grade out his footwork at an A- based on the combine footage I aw.
__________________
6.6710−11 m3 kg−1 s−2

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:47 PM   #265
Impact Rookie
 
81forHOF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mt Holly Springs, PA
Age: 41
Posts: 547
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I didn't know you got academically ineligible for eating too much.

"LeRibeus missed a season of college because of academic ineligibility"
You don't but he sat out a year for gaining 70lbs.
__________________
81 is where he belongs!
81forHOF is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #266
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I love how so many people here act like this guy should have gone in 5th-7th round because AFTER we drafted him they did a google search and in 20 seconds saw some website comprised of opinions of people who are NOT NFL GMs gave him that grade. Our front office, and the other 31, pay staffs of scouts, coaches, and gms lots of money to evaluate college players. Team staffs spend MONTHS researching all these players in depth, and give each one of them a grade based on feedback provided by scouts, position coaches, coordinators, head coah, etc. but some people here label this guy a reach and piss on MONTHS of work because of a 20 second google search.

So if you're one of those who instantly criticized this pick, tell us all:

What do you know about him in 20 seconds that our team didn't find out in their extensive research?
So should we have done extensive research as well to be entitled to an opinion? What should our opinions be based on? Blind faith? Sorry, I didn't pour through MONTHS of game tape to base my opinion. I take it all back. I can't wait to see LeRibeus in the Pro Bowl. Oh, wait...
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:50 PM   #267
Impact Rookie
 
theJBexperience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Boone, NC
Posts: 579
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I just called and Chad Rinehart was on the other end telling me dont worry, Leribeus will pan out after he gets cut and plays for another team.
Loving your replies tonight! Another zinger. Wocka Wocka.
theJBexperience is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #268
Playmaker
 
mlmpetert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,257
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsk1 View Post

From link
"LeRibeus said every team he worked out for had him take snaps at center, too. He played in a man blocking scheme at SMU, but said he played in a zone scheme during the Shrine Game. The Redskins use a zone blocking scheme."

Im guessing we drafted him as guard, but you never know.

I got no problems. Seems like a nice guy.
__________________
mlmpetert is offline  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #269
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,254
Re: 2012 NFL Draft (Day 2)

hold on, Brandon Taylor, Brandon Brooks and Dwight Bently were still on the board and we still drafted Josha McRibeus? mutherf*cker
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is online now  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #270
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81forHOF View Post
You don't but he sat out a year for gaining 70lbs.
Or because you switch majors and the result is not enough credit hours to be elidgible.
Gtothearry is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26296 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25