Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Josh LeRibeus Draft Profile – NFL.com

Let's talk some Josh L. right here
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #2
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,968
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

I know basically nothing about him which must mean he sucks and if you disagree with me well then I guess I'm just not good enough for this board and I'm gonna go crying like a little bitch elsewhere
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #3
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Notes:
Last name is pronounced “luh-REE-bus.” The Texas prep made six pancake blocks per game as a senior. Redshirted in 2007. Saw action in 10 games in ’08, making starts at right guard against Texas State and Memphis. In ’09, he started all 13 contests at left guard for a team that set the school record with 5,093 yards of total offense. Was ruled academically ineligible for the ’10 season and worked on the scout team. Lost 70 pounds between December of 2010 and the end of spring practice in ’11 and made all 13 starts at left guard in the fall.

Positives:
Functional run blocker — gets in the way and works to position and sustain. Good weight-room strength and 20-yard short-shuttle time (4.67 seconds). Tough competitor.

Negatives:
Stiff, try-hard, limited athlete. Is tightly wound. Plodder. Has a dumpy-looking physique. Appears stiff in space. Struggles to adjust to movement in pass protection. Hand use is inconsistent — shows little pop or power in his hands. Not explosive.

Summary:
Tough, competitive, try-hard, bump-and-steer blocker with potential to be tried as a center. Emerged with a solid senior season and has a chance to develop.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Josh LeRibeus
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Registered User
 
CapitalDefense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 325
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Smh
CapitalDefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #5
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know basically nothing about him which must mean he sucks and if you disagree with me well then I guess I'm just not good enough for this board and I'm gonna go crying like a little bitch elsewhere
WOW.....lolololol
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,436
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

The next Russ Grimm.
Mark your calenders.
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
Pro Bowl
 
SirClintonPortis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,052
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

I notice that being ferocious is part of his game. Proper attitude to have for a lineman, especially in the vitrolic NFC East.
__________________
Analysis using datasets (aka stats) is an attempt at reverse-engineering a player's "goodness".

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #8
The Starter
 
backrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: 36.28 x 76.22
Age: 63
Posts: 1,812
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Walton View Post
The next Russ Grimm.
Mark your calenders.
Nah! He's Bostic!
__________________
'37, '42, '83, '88, '92. Championship!
backrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

LeRibeus Gives Redskins O-Line Depth

The kid seems to have a pretty good sense of humor and then a nasty streak on the field...good combo!!

One area where I really do trust Mike and his team is oline, so while we don't seem to know much about Leribeus you gotta be pleased the FO thought highly enough of him to pull the trigger in the 3rd round. Hopefully he's a mauler and can pick up the zone blocking scheme quick!!
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:31 PM   #10
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

I wonder if this means Kory L is questionable...
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #11
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I know basically nothing about him which must mean he sucks and if you disagree with me well then I guess I'm just not good enough for this board and I'm gonna go crying like a little bitch elsewhere
Ok JB. Lmao
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
I wonder if this means Kory L is questionable...
I think it means that they saw a very good line at the start of the season devolve into a mash unit through injuries and a stupid stupid STUPID suspension.

At this point I think they still plan to make it TW-KL-WM-CC-JB. However they don't want it to be like last year when the entire left side went down for one reason or another as well as the loss of Brown for 4 games at RT. All three of these guys are not only potential starters down the line but they will also minimize the impact of loosing any starters (save Trent at LT) like we had last year.
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Notes:
Last name is pronounced “luh-REE-bus.” The Texas prep made six pancake blocks per game as a senior. Redshirted in 2007. Saw action in 10 games in ’08, making starts at right guard against Texas State and Memphis. In ’09, he started all 13 contests at left guard for a team that set the school record with 5,093 yards of total offense. Was ruled academically ineligible for the ’10 season and worked on the scout team. Lost 70 pounds between December of 2010 and the end of spring practice in ’11 and made all 13 starts at left guard in the fall.

Positives:
Functional run blocker — gets in the way and works to position and sustain. Good weight-room strength and 20-yard short-shuttle time (4.67 seconds). Tough competitor.

Negatives:
Stiff, try-hard, limited athlete. Is tightly wound. Plodder. Has a dumpy-looking physique. Appears stiff in space. Struggles to adjust to movement in pass protection. Hand use is inconsistent — shows little pop or power in his hands. Not explosive.

Summary:
Tough, competitive, try-hard, bump-and-steer blocker with potential to be tried as a center. Emerged with a solid senior season and has a chance to develop.

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Josh LeRibeus
Negatives: has a dumpy-looking physique. LOL!! Most O-lineman do.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #14
Naega jeil jal naga
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta, Georgia From: Silver Spring, Maryland
Age: 29
Posts: 14,734
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Negatives: has a dumpy-looking physique. LOL!! Most O-lineman do.
I love it when linemen are ugly. Makes them hate life and when they hate life they block harder
__________________
"It's nice to be important, but its more important to be nice."
- Scooter

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #15
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,509
Re: Josh LeRibeus pick 3.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Negatives: has a dumpy-looking physique. LOL!! Most O-lineman do.
Seriously, when you're carrying around an extra 50-60 lbs go figure
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26761 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25