Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Alfred Morris pick 6.3

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #61
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,190
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
me too, our backfield has come a long way since trung canidate
Trung Canidate? That's a name I not heard in a long time. A long time. Those backs who played for the Redskins from the time Stephen Davis left until Clinton Portis came were scrubs. There's a lot to like about Alfred Morris. He's strong, he runs hard, and most of all, he's durable. Add in the fact that he was a sixth round steal and you have a top flight back. This Alfred Morris could have an all pro season as a rookie.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #62
Special Teams
 
Bishop Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 147
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
2nd that. You can't overvalue character. That's the kid who becomes a leader like London Fletcher in 10 years. And if your smart enough to hold onto him the whole 10+ years you probably go to the Superbowl somewhere in there. London deserves another Superbowl. Sounds like A Morris has that kind of character. Can't think of a better reason to chat with his bro.
Well the Skins got him for 4, at least. If Morris continues at this rate the rest of his time hear he's going to command a high contract extension. Giving how shanny can churn out RBs from low rounders he's not going to get a gaudy extension here.
__________________
I don't have to sell my soul
he's already in me
I don't need to sell my soul
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #63
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 12,596
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Alfred Morris, fifth in the league in rushing and more important a very healthy 4.6 ypc (Arian Foster 3.7, Adrian Peterson 4.2) and ZERO fumbles (Lesean McCoy 3 fumbles). Gotta give the Oline credit as well.
__________________
Boycott Rolling Stone Magazine
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #64
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
Well the Skins got him for 4, at least. If Morris continues at this rate the rest of his time hear he's going to command a high contract extension. Giving how shanny can churn out RBs from low rounders he's not going to get a gaudy extension here.
then we'll trade him for revis + 2nd round pick
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #65
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 16,406
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
then we'll trade him for revis + 2nd round pick
Will this trade include a new ACL for Revis?
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"Give an opinion and move on. Your life doesn't depend on winning the internet." -FRPLG
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
los panda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: los angeles, ca
Age: 29
Posts: 4,182
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Will this trade include a new ACL for Revis?
champ said he can have his when he's done w it
__________________
7 9 21 28 33 42 43 44 49 65 70 81
los panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #67
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Alfred Morris, fifth in the league in rushing and more important a very healthy 4.6 ypc (Arian Foster 3.7, Adrian Peterson 4.2) and ZERO fumbles (Lesean McCoy 3 fumbles). Gotta give the Oline credit as well.
I temper my enthusiasm a bit with the offensive line just because the scheme is really covering up for some of their weaknesses. That being said some food for thought regarding our Offensive Line:

1. 28th in the league in experience with 175 total games played between all 5 starting offensive linemen.

2. 3rd in the league w/ rushes of over 10 yards(9).

3. When competing for short yardage 1st downs on 3rd and 4th down, we have a 50% conversion rate outside of the guards, and a 100% conversion rate in the 1 or 2 gaps.

4. We've given up 11 sacks, tied for 9 most in the league.

5. 26 QB hits allowed, 2nd most behind the Eagles. (style of QB play is the large grain of salt with this statistic)
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:26 AM   #68
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
I temper my enthusiasm a bit with the offensive line just because the scheme is really covering up for some of their weaknesses. That being said some food for thought regarding our Offensive Line:

1. 28th in the league in experience with 175 total games played between all 5 starting offensive linemen.

2. 3rd in the league w/ rushes of over 10 yards(9).

3. When competing for short yardage 1st downs on 3rd and 4th down, we have a 50% conversion rate outside of the guards, and a 100% conversion rate in the 1 or 2 gaps.

4. We've given up 11 sacks, tied for 9 most in the league.

5. 26 QB hits allowed, 2nd most behind the Eagles. (style of QB play is the large grain of salt with this statistic)
Isn't that what good offensive game planning is supposed to do, accentuate your strengths, and mask your weaknesses? Shouldn't Forrester and K Shanahan get some credit for that fact? and wouldn't we all like to see the same approach on the D?
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #69
Robert Griffin III
 
Monksdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,495
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Isn't that what good offensive game planning is supposed to do, accentuate your strengths, and mask your weaknesses? Shouldn't Forrester and K Shanahan get some credit for that fact? and wouldn't we all like to see the same approach on the D?
Agree, but i dont think our game planning is to help the offensive line, but more so to maximize and diversify RG3's potential. The O-Line's success is an ancillary benefit to a game plan designed around a super-talent. Robert is definitely making them look better. They appear to be getting more cohesive and for now, are staying healthy(i dont like to think of J. Brown as a starter, becuase he never does).
__________________
Robert Griffin III
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:55 AM   #70
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,514
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Shanahan didn’t know what he was getting in Alfred Morris | ProFootballTalk
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,655
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monksdown View Post
Agree, but i dont think our game planning is to help the offensive line, but more so to maximize and diversify RG3's potential. The O-Line's success is an ancillary benefit to a game plan designed around a super-talent. Robert is definitely making them look better. They appear to be getting more cohesive and for now, are staying healthy(i dont like to think of J. Brown as a starter, becuase he never does).
You guys are nuts.. RG3 makes the line loom worse outside a handful of scrambles. He doesnt throw the ball away and results in sacks and QB hits whem running around. Oline is doing solid outside RT. Monty is playing at an all pro level. Him amd Trent are the glue for the front.

Saw a stat line on a different website about our o line and Monty is somewhere around 88% rate for succesful blocks which is even better them Trent.
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #72
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

Yeah Will Montgomery is one of the last guys on this team that needs to be replaced. He's playing great right now, and has one of the best ratings for any OL in the NFL right now.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #73
Camp Scrub
 
thinson1421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

hey guys, i know this has NOTHING to with this thread. but im kinda sketchin out haha. im a die hard fan from virginia beach and i justtt went and met up with a cool ass dude and bought 2 tickets for tomorrows game. the thing that is kinda sketch about the tickets issss, every game ive ever been to, there is a player on the ticket and these 2 tickets dont have anybody on them. Im just wondering if anybody has any feedback about the tickets for tomorrows game.. thank you
thinson1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:11 AM   #74
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

this is what the season tickets look like:



not sure who the player on it for Game 5 is, might be the one that had the mistake : Robert Helu, but I don't know if there are other types of tickets that might not have a picture (i don't think so personally)
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #75
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,881
Re: Alfred Morris pick 6.3

In fact here is the game 5 (with the named player mistake) ticket:

__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27328 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25