Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


2013 NFL Draft Prospects

NFL Draft Central


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #691
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yes. When are you going to grow up?

I am 24 so in the eyes of the law I am already grown up. Anything else??
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #692
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
what his highlights/lowlights tape. You see him being pushed around fairly easily by future NFL WRs and non NFL WRs. Plus if you look at Nickell Robey, the USC CB who is small like Mathieu, you'll see he can do a lot of things better than mathieu, particularly in coverage. I'd like to have mathieu, but not till the 3rd at least.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #693
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Coming from the guy who said Cam Newton was the "best" QB prospect he had ever seen after his rookie season, so i take that with a grain of salt. .
Dang dude, why you so salty?
BTW lets set facts straight:
I said Cam was the best QB prospect I have ever seen before his rookie season.

(I started feeling that way after the Iron Bowl game. I have never seen a QB carry his team to victory like that, in the SEC no less against a power house pro-style team. One of the best college games I've seen.)

And I stand by that, I mean do you remember Cam's rookie season? Lol, I don't see how pointing my opinions on Cam, an instance where I was clearly right, takes away from my opinions?

Quote:
By the way I would hate it if that was how our draft went
Then I must be on the right track.

-Cheers!
HTTR
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #694
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Dang dude, why you so salty?
BTW lets set facts straight:
I said Cam was the best QB prospect I have ever seen before his rookie season.

(I started feeling that way after the Iron Bowl game. I have never seen a QB carry his team to victory like that, in the SEC no less against a power house pro-style team. One of the best college games I've seen.)

And I stand by that, I mean do you remember Cam's rookie season? Lol, I don't see how pointing my opinions on Cam, an instance where I was clearly right, takes away from my opinions?


Then I must be on the right track.

-Cheers!
HTTR

You stand behind your statement, I stand behind mine. Not salty at all.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #695
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
... He trashed my pick of Mathieu in the 2nd or 3rd round by saying it was nuts. Anything else you wanna know???
I didn't intend to 'trash' your willingness to spend a 2nd or 3rd on Mathieu. I just think it would be one hellva reach, and I think reaching in general is a bad idea, and therefore I think reaching 2 maybe 3 rounds crazy.

The idea of the draft is to get the player you want as late as you can.
Not draft the player you want as soon as you can.

Tyrann's evaluation for me comes down to his size or lack there of and speed or lack there of to play outside CB in the NFL. A lot of his playmaking is centered around fumbles forced/recovered but fumble recoveries have an element of randomness that I discount when viewing turnovers. It would be different if Tyrann had a ton of interceptions. His saving grace is his KR/PR ability. Then when you throw in the fact that the dude is a recovering pothead on a team with substance abuse issues. Well, you get the picture of where I am it with Tyrann. I like the kid as an inside CB and PR/KR but there are a bunch of CBs I would take before him like DJ Hayden, Darius Slay, Jordan Poyer, Robert Alford, Blidi-Wreh not to mention I like Richard Crawford more. If I wanted Tyrann I'd take him 5th round, 4th at the earliest.
But you know, Honey Badger...lol, he don't care...

Cheers, bro
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #696
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 42
Posts: 83,401
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

I wouldn't go Mathieu in the 2nd, but right around the 3rd or 4th is probably where you start to see the value.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #697
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I want him, whether it is 2nd or 3rd round.
I'm with u man, he's a difference maker in the secondary
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #698
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I didn't intend to 'trash' your willingness to spend a 2nd or 3rd on Mathieu. I just think it would be one hellva reach, and I think reaching in general is a bad idea, and therefore I think reaching 2 maybe 3 rounds crazy.

The idea of the draft is to get the player you want as late as you can.
Not draft the player you want as soon as you can.

Tyrann's evaluation for me comes down to his size or lack there of and speed or lack there of to play outside CB in the NFL. A lot of his playmaking is centered around fumbles forced/recovered but fumble recoveries have an element of randomness that I discount when viewing turnovers. It would be different if Tyrann had a ton of interceptions. His saving grace is his KR/PR ability. Then when you throw in the fact that the dude is a recovering pothead on a team with substance abuse issues. Well, you get the picture of where I am it with Tyrann. I like the kid as an inside CB and PR/KR but there are a bunch of CBs I would take before him like DJ Hayden, Darius Slay, Jordan Poyer, Robert Alford, Blidi-Wreh not to mention I like Richard Crawford more. If I wanted Tyrann I'd take him 5th round, 4th at the earliest.
But you know, Honey Badger...lol, he don't care...

Cheers, bro
Ur good. I feel he is an Impact playmaker better a round too early than a pick too late
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #699
Playmaker
 
NYCskinfan82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Queens, NYC
Age: 45
Posts: 3,441
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Redskins #MockFive Draft Results - Hogs Haven

What do you think of this draft.
NYCskinfan82 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #700
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,946
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Redskins #MockFive Draft Results - Hogs Haven

What do you think of this draft.
Looks good, good corner, good olinemen, and a possible steal at receiver. Not sure if the skins will take Barner seeing as how Shanahan does not really draft running backs that are under 200 pounds but you never know.
donofriose is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #701
The Starter
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,099
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Redskins #MockFive Draft Results - Hogs Haven

What do you think of this draft.
I could get with that draft.
Barner *shrugs* he aight I guess there are other backs in that range I prefer

Don't like these 2 picks or prospects:
Kwame Geathers
Conner Vernon
__________________
No longer were NFL coaches dealing inflexibly with spread [QBs] in ways that caused stunted development for players like [A. Smith and Vick] now, the idea is to bring what the quarterback can do, and what he should do, together as an organic whole
30gut is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #702
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,527
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCskinfan82 View Post
Redskins #MockFive Draft Results - Hogs Haven

What do you think of this draft.
I don't like that draft.


I Love it.

The only pick I would change is the Clemson safety. I would get ray ray instead or mcdougald from Kansas at that point. But Vernon is a great pick very good slot WR. Kwame geathers is an NFL sibling, and was a backup at Georgia to 1st rounder John Jenkins. Oh and he is HUGE. Johnathan banks is a great CB, played in the best conference in college football, against future high pick WRs and fared well. He's looked at as a 2nd rounder because he didn't run his forty fast enough. I don't care about that. The tape says he can play.
Duke Williams will be a redskin, it's just a matter of what round. He can hit, he can cover, and he can play multiple positions as a DB. Think of a young Ryan Clark.
CultBrennan59 is offline  
Old 04-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #703
What will Shanny do this offseason?
 
diehardskin2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,397
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

if Mathieu was not suspended he would be a 1st round pick. His issues are all mental as far as I am concerned
__________________
That got ugly fast
diehardskin2982 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 02:42 AM   #704
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,223
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
if Mathieu was not suspended he would be a 1st round pick. His issues are all mental as far as I am concerned
Took the words right outta my mouth.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #705
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 11,004
Re: 2013 NFL Draft Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
if Mathieu was not suspended he would be a 1st round pick. His issues are all mental as far as I am concerned
Just like Vernon Gholston, Maurice Clarett, Jamarcus Russell, etc. Their issues were all mental, too. Where are they now?
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is online now  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30051 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25