Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #211
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,458
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Lawyer -- Ronaiah Tuiasosopo was voice talking to Manti Te'o - ESPN

lol My first interview question at the combine would be, "Are you serious you couldnt tell or have at least an inkling that was a man's voice impersonating a female's voice?"
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #212
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Manti "Not that there's anything wrong with that " Te'o
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #213
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Manti "Not that there's anything wrong with that " Te'o
You've dropped a few hints before, but are you officially "outting" him now?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #214
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

He wants/has a reason to out himself he can, I'm not going to do it
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #215
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
He wants/has a reason to out himself he can, I'm not going to do it
But you beleive he's gay? If so, that would imply he was in on the hoax from the beginning. Perhaps this online relationship was with a guy, but he just told everyone else it was a girl?
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #216
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 45,115
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
But you beleive he's gay? If so, that would imply he was in on the hoax from the beginning. Perhaps this online relationship was with a guy, but he just told everyone else it was a girl?
Do I believe it? Don't know him. People I've spoken to who are closest to Notre Dame and Te'o...most strongly imply that's the case.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #217
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

If what Smoot says is true, I'll eat some crow about being wrong in regards to him lying to cover up him being gay. Somebody up here called it and it would seemingly be dead on if its correct.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #218
Registered User
 
CultBrennan59's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,526
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

They stars are all aligned and pointing to him being gay. I have yet to see him in high school at prom with a girlfriend or anything like that. Usually all these big name athletes have a girl on their shoulder on a lot of different sport sites; Deadspin, Blacksportsonline, etc.
CultBrennan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #219
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #220
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,458
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I've met CJ Miles at a "convention" and she might be the smallest non midget i've ever seen.
She has to be 4'8" maybe 70 LBS.
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #221
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
If what Smoot says is true, I'll eat some crow about being wrong in regards to him lying to cover up him being gay. Somebody up here called it and it would seemingly be dead on if its correct.
I dont think you need to eat any crow. Telling your teammates you have a girlfriend because youre gay is one thing, and somewhat understandable given fear of discrimination or physical/verbal abuse he'd likely suffer by other players at Notre Dame.

Going on national television and making up elaborate stories, deameaning your own grandmothers death by telling the world your imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend died is another. If Teo wanted to stay in the closet, the best thing to do on national TV would be to not talk about the "relationship at all." If asked questions about "her," he should have responded that he didnt want to comment on it to respect "her" privacy.

Also, if Te'o is gay, it would make him more complicit with the hoax, perhaps even making him involved in coming up with it to begin with. It would also mean that Te'o has continued to try to cover up one lie with another, instead of just coming clean a few weeks ago when it became evident the story would break. What im saying is, instead of saying the whole thing was a hoax played on him (which does not really stand up under scrutiny), he should have just come clean then and said he's gay.

I think most NFL coaches/players would respect that, as opposed to continuing the lies and deceipt.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #222
MVP
 
NC_Skins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 11,585
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I dont think you need to eat any crow. Telling your teammates you have a girlfriend because youre gay is one thing, and somewhat understandable given fear of discrimination or physical/verbal abuse he'd likely suffer by other players at Notre Dame.

Going on national television and making up elaborate stories, deameaning your own grandmothers death by telling the world your imaginary girlfriend/boyfriend died is another. If Teo wanted to stay in the closet, the best thing to do on national TV would be to not talk about the "relationship at all." If asked questions about "her," he should have responded that he didnt want to comment on it to respect "her" privacy.

Also, if Te'o is gay, it would make him more complicit with the hoax, perhaps even making him involved in coming up with it to begin with. It would also mean that Te'o has continued to try to cover up one lie with another, instead of just coming clean a few weeks ago when it became evident the story would break. What im saying is, instead of saying the whole thing was a hoax played on him (which does not really stand up under scrutiny), he should have just come clean then and said he's gay.

I think most NFL coaches/players would respect that, as opposed to continuing the lies and deceipt.

Listen, I think you guys really need to back off. First off, the guy has showed his phone records where he spent hours and hours talking to a person whom he thought was somebody else. He didn't make that up, he's not lying about his relationship with that person. What he could be lying about is telling people that it's a girl when in actuality it was a dude. It very well may have played out exactly how he said (with her/him dying) and he didn't know. It was also proven that he sent flowers to the address he thought was the person he was in a relationship with. Much of the stuff you guys have insinuated have been proven wrong with the evidence. (call logs/flowers/etc)

Now, if you want to talk about why he lied from early December to now, is another matter. I think we all know good and well why he lied during that period. How often do we see scandals withheld until a big event passes by and then is released? You see it in politics and many other venues. (especially in the NFL) You don't think he was asked to lie by ND until after the championship? I sure as hell would be very good money that they did.
__________________
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #223
Pro Bowl
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 43
Posts: 6,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
They stars are all aligned and pointing to him being gay. I have yet to see him in high school at prom with a girlfriend or anything like that. Usually all these big name athletes have a girl on their shoulder on a lot of different sport sites; Deadspin, Blacksportsonline, etc.
Or as i have said, just a really shy virgin who wanted desperately to fit in with the guys because he was the stud linebacker at ND.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #224
Gamebreaker
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 38
Posts: 13,458
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

amazing stuff in this thread
__________________
“Nobody’s going to be handed a job; not my standpoint, and I know Jay feels that way and I know Bruce feels the same way. You have to earn it. That’s what the NFL is about. Prove to me that you deserve to be on the field,’ and that’s the way it has to be in the NFL.”- McC
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #225
Registered User
 
BigHairedAristocrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,917
Re: The Manti Te'o Dead Girlfriend Hoax Web of Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Listen, I think you guys really need to back off. First off, the guy has showed his phone records where he spent hours and hours talking to a person whom he thought was somebody else. He didn't make that up, he's not lying about his relationship with that person. What he could be lying about is telling people that it's a girl when in actuality it was a dude. It very well may have played out exactly how he said (with her/him dying) and he didn't know. It was also proven that he sent flowers to the address he thought was the person he was in a relationship with. Much of the stuff you guys have insinuated have been proven wrong with the evidence. (call logs/flowers/etc)

Now, if you want to talk about why he lied from early December to now, is another matter. I think we all know good and well why he lied during that period. How often do we see scandals withheld until a big event passes by and then is released? You see it in politics and many other venues. (especially in the NFL) You don't think he was asked to lie by ND until after the championship? I sure as hell would be very good money that they did.
You're missing the point. Even if he was "duped", he still told things that were outright lies to national media throughout the relationship. I've said over and over, it's one thing to tell your friends you met a girl in person so they don't think you're a loser. It's another to go on national tv and tell that outright lie. It was stupid and showed poor judgement, qualities that every nfl coach will (and should) consider when deciding where to put him on their boards.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29413 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25