Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #61
Registered User
 
The Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,662
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

I don't follow college ball and really don't know much about any of the players, but it seemed like very few skill players were taken on offense. Maybe two WRs yesterday? Does that mean there's some awesome talent left at the position or is it basically a crap stock in this year's draft?

On the other hand a ton of linemen got picked, especially OTs, so it's hard to see a starter still being available?
The Goat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 PM   #62
Special Teams
 
musicmaster45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 373
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

We trade up and get Johnathon Cyprien
__________________
Shanahann loves the colleges i do...... Purdue and Nebraska FTW!!!!
musicmaster45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #63
Registered User
 
RGIII's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 626
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Oh no. Desperation. Amerson was a guy I didn't think was a good fit.
RGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:10 PM   #64
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGIII View Post
Oh no. Desperation. Amerson was a guy I didn't think was a good fit.
Um. More like you reaching for pessimism.

Since when is a tall corner with 4.4 speed that has accumulated 17 picks over the last two years, NOT a fit?
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #65
Playmaker
 
artmonkforhallofamein07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Charleston , SC
Posts: 4,718
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Um. More like you reaching for pessimism.

Since when is a tall corner with 4.4 speed that has accumulated 17 picks over the last two years, NOT a fit?
Exactly
__________________
Robert Griffin III welcome to the Washington Redskins!

Year 1 - NFC EAST Champions at 10-6

Year 2 - 3-10... Benched 14 weeks to late.....

Year 3 - Pure Awesomeness!!

http://site.fandangoracinginc.com/
artmonkforhallofamein07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #66
Playmaker
 
Alvin Walton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Holland, Michigan
Posts: 4,437
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Um. More like you reaching for pessimism.

Since when is a tall corner with 4.4 speed that has accumulated 17 picks over the last two years, NOT a fit?
werd
__________________
REDSKINS FAN SINCE 1968
Alvin Walton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #67
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,882
wow no one called it. this FO is so much better at hiding its intent then previous FOs
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #68
Special Teams
 
Counter-Tre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Venice Beach, CA
Age: 42
Posts: 319
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Should I be happy? I hear this guy is boom or bust. Guess we just have to hope it's the former.
Counter-Tre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #69
Registered User
 
GusFrerotte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Detroit area
Posts: 4,153
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Mixed reviews from the Bleacher report about him. He needs to get back to his sophomore form. 17 INTs in two seasons is good, but there was a marked drop off from sophomore to junior season. I am thinking this kid would have been better served staying in school and perhaps getting his groove back. If he would have, he would have been a first rounder.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #70
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter-Tre View Post
Should I be happy? I hear this guy is boom or bust. Guess we just have to hope it's the former.
Boom or bust is a very generic statement.

He's got all the measurables, speed and numbers you look for in a first round corner. Now when you watch the tape you'll see he overcommits and essentially plays like DHall. It's more like boom or free safety for Amerson.
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #71
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
Mixed reviews from the Bleacher report about him. He needs to get back to his sophomore form. 17 INTs in two seasons is good, but there was a marked drop off from sophomore to junior season. I am thinking this kid would have been better served staying in school and perhaps getting his groove back. If he would have, he would have been a first rounder.
First of all, let me respectfully say.. You should quit reading bleacher report.

It's true though, after his sophomore year some sites (including walter football) had Amerson going top 5 and projecting as a ball-hawking elite corner.

He went interception crazy last year, got blown by on simple routes and made teams question his instincts. The plus side is that his physical ability suggests that with proper coaching, he is completely capable of keeping up with quick footed receivers and the bad tape can be corrected.

A risk we can afford to take and pretty much have to take.
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #72
Impact Rookie
 
IrMitchell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 636
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Oh my god. I just watched the Tennessee film. Patterson put Amerson to shame at least three times. Completely fooled him. Ouch.
__________________
One of Canada's two Redskins fans.
IrMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #73
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,232
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Oh my god. I just watched the Tennessee film. Patterson put Amerson to shame at least three times. Completely fooled him. Ouch.
It happens. I have seen Champ Bailey, Charles Woodson, and Darelle Revis put to shame as well.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #74
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: With the 51st pick in the draft, Skins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
Oh my god. I just watched the Tennessee film. Patterson put Amerson to shame at least three times. Completely fooled him. Ouch.
But NOW we have some sledgehammers at Safety behind him. Last year, a CB who got beat was a TD. This year, when our CBs get beat, that WR is going to regret it.

Meriweather, Rambo and Thomas are all going to be beasts if they stay healthy.

This defense went from scaring its own fans to scaring the opponents' fans in one weekend.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #75
Impact Rookie
 
VegasSkinsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrMitchell View Post
First of all, let me respectfully say.. You should quit reading bleacher report.

It's true though, after his sophomore year some sites (including walter football) had Amerson going top 5 and projecting as a ball-hawking elite corner.

He went interception crazy last year, got blown by on simple routes and made teams question his instincts. The plus side is that his physical ability suggests that with proper coaching, he is completely capable of keeping up with quick footed receivers and the bad tape can be corrected.

A risk we can afford to take and pretty much have to take.
I havnt read anything that would indicate he's not coachable. I like the move.
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28047 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25