Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Draft talk round 1

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 PM   #211
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Draft talk round 1

Outside of elite talent like Alex Mack, you do NOT draft a center in Round 1!

Even the best ones usually stay on the board until Round 3.


Jerry Jones is the gift that keeps on giving.




Also, I was talking to a Raiders fan I work eith earlier this morning and I told him Al Davis is still calling the shots from the grave...a DB whose heart was literally ripped to pieces and almost died on the field...who could die if hit hard enough (say the docs)?

Nice, Oakland...you've earned your reputation!
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #212
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
I'm glad to see Barkley falling down the board. He rubbed me wrong last year when he said he would've been the #2 pick last year had he entered. RGIII was there & he wasn't going #2.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #213
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Draft talk round 1

No one should ever draft a USC QB....ever. Maybe the league has finally caught on.

I hope Philly takes the bust. Since fellow Pac-12er Chip Kelly is familiar with him...who knows?
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #214
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
No one should ever draft a USC QB....ever. Maybe the league has finally caught on.

I hope Philly takes the bust. Since fellow Pac-12er Chip Kelly is familiar with him...who knows?
I could see the Eagles taking Geno before Barkley.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #215
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
@HTTR24_7: RT @RosterWatch: Reports out of Dallas: Jason Garrett had head in his hands when Cowboys made pick, (cont) http://t.co/O9zBpGVHDw
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #216
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Draft talk round 1

^Fine with me, the kid isn't used to calling plays.

Speaking of Geno...his little tantrum "I'm not coming tomorrow!" after not getting picked in Round 1 doesn't help his draft stock. He looks like a petulant child.

It's the draft. He WILL get picked early in Round 2. Get up on the stage and look happy to be a pro now. It's a once in a lifetime experience that you've worked your whole life for and you're going to miss it because things didn't get handed to you in the way you wanted it? Grow up.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtothearry View Post
@HTTR24_7: RT @RosterWatch: Reports out of Dallas: Jason Garrett had head in his hands when Cowboys made pick, (cont) TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter

LOVE IT!

__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #217
The Starter
 
Gtothearry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
^Fine with me, the kid isn't used to calling plays.

Speaking of Geno...his little tantrum "I'm not coming tomorrow!" after not getting picked in Round 1 doesn't help his draft stock. He looks like a petulant child.

It's the draft. He WILL get picked early in Round 2. Get up on the stage and look happy to be a pro now. It's a once in a lifetime experience that you've worked your whole life for and you're going to miss it because things didn't get handed to you in the way you wanted it? Grow up.






LOVE IT!

He is going to be there today.
Gtothearry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #218
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,801
Re: Draft talk round 1

I didn't watch any of the cowboys webcam, but i skimmed their forum, and their fans were just ridiculing the cowboys draft room.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #219
Mann Up HOF!
 
Lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Posts: 10,770
Re: Draft talk round 1

I hope that Jerry and Stephen Jones have very long lives.
__________________
Rooting for the Dallas Cowboys should be recognized as a treatable mental disorder.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #220
Playmaker
 
HailGreen28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,754
Re: Draft talk round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Not thinking it's a stellar pick, but, their OL was awful last year, so if this helps them protect Romo, then it might work for them. And the saddest part is we probably won't get any more of this

(snip awesome vidoes of romo miscues)

oh wait they still have Romo so maybe we will
I "loved" how after one game against us, the cowgirls and some of their idiot fans accused Redskin players of deliberately interfering with their snap counts by talking during the snap. And no replay showed the Skins doing anything wrong, lol.

Same kind of folks that think Seattle put grease on the ball that Romo mishandled in that FG attempt awhile back, I guess.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM   #221
Impact Rookie
 
Bubba305-ST21-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 26
Posts: 683
Re: Draft talk round 1

I think with Cyprien taken so early, Swearinger will be gone when we are up. i will kill someone if he goes to the cowboys
__________________
never another.....R.I.P. Sean T #21
Bubba305-ST21- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #222
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Draft talk round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
No one should ever draft a USC QB....ever. Maybe the league has finally caught on.

I hope Philly takes the bust. Since fellow Pac-12er Chip Kelly is familiar with him
...who knows?

Damn, it's like Christmas to me! Philly is screwed at QB. I really think Vick might win the camp battle over the two young QBs. If Kelly wants to run HIS offense, Vick is the way to go. If he's going to hold to all of his recent talk about fitting the offense to his personnel, well, he's going to be running a boring offense.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 AM   #223
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,801
Re: Draft talk round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
Damn, it's like Christmas to me! Philly is screwed at QB. I really think Vick might win the camp battle over the two young QBs. If Kelly wants to run HIS offense, Vick is the way to go. If he's going to hold to all of his recent talk about fitting the offense to his personnel, well, he's going to be running a boring offense.
I really like how Kelly took so many players that he knew through college. Just puts in my mind that this 1st year especially he isn't going to get the transition. Maybe I am wrong, but it just sets a flag for me that he didn't listen to pro scouts as much as his gut. But college gut and pro gut are two different animals altogether.

Of course, he could always get it, and become a good head coach, but I don't think it's going to be in his first year.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #224
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oklahoma City (Originally from Biloxi, Ms)
Age: 27
Posts: 16,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I really like how Kelly took so many players that he knew through college. Just puts in my mind that this 1st year especially he isn't going to get the transition. Maybe I am wrong, but it just sets a flag for me that he didn't listen to pro scouts as much as his gut. But college gut and pro gut are two different animals altogether.

Of course, he could always get it, and become a good head coach, but I don't think it's going to be in his first year.
So did spurrier
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #225
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Draft talk round 1

^ My thoughts exactly. I once compared Kelly to Spurrier in a post on here. I never knew he's make the same stupid draft mistakes too.



I don't think even Dallas will be challenging Philly for 4th-place this year. Both of those teams had horrible drafts. Nassib to NY was also questionable and has to be a disapointment for Nassib, who could have started for a few teams who drafted QBs. (Buf, Jets, Jax...)

Nassib was down about getting passed over by his own college coach for the Bills' pick.

Quote:
It's a tough business. "I thought the situation in Buffalo was going to go a little bit different ... I was a little disappointed,'' Nassib told the media covering the Giants in a conference call after being their fourth-round pick Saturday. I've heard Nassib was more than "a little disappointed." I've heard he was wounded by it. That's no surprise. He's a talented player. With Nassib under center, Syracuse won bowl games in his last two seasons, and beat West Virginia three straight years. Of course it's going to hurt if your coach chooses to draft someone else.
__________________
Not sent from a Droid, iPhone, Blackberry or toaster

Last edited by Monkeydad; 04-29-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.29697 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25