Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


34th Overall Pick

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #106
Impact Rookie
 
Gary84Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 927
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
will he ever contribute to the redskins?
Le Rib seems like a natural born hog. Le Rib Boss Hog!!!!! The divisional elimination game against Dallas where The Redskins won, Le Rib got in an was mauling cow girls because he likes TexMex food.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #107
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,435
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't think anyone yelled but I will check.....................Yeah no one yelled.


I feel we will go OL in FA and at some point in the draft. No Idea when during the drast though.
Bitch and yell isn't the same thing? lol

Lineman built to play in the zone scheme wont fit well with new regime unless they run the same. It's all i'm saying.
__________________
HTTR
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:44 PM   #108
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,733
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Other than the WR from the Bengals, I like the combination of a flashy signing or two suggested as well as several solid signings. Kinda surprised by them not talking of bringing back Orakpo, but if his contract offers get crazy out of control like Krugers last year I'm okay with him walking or maybe doing a restricted tag offer for him. But if some of these came to fruition it could provide more flexibility with our draft options to focus primarily on oline and dline.

9 Free Agents Redskins Must Target | Bleacher Report
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:46 PM   #109
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,144
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Bitch and yell isn't the same thing? lol

Lineman built to play in the zone scheme wont fit well with new regime unless they run the same. It's all i'm saying.
Only when referring to my wife.

But I agree and I fell we will have at least one OL signed in FA and one in the draft. (Hoping for Alex Mack myself), I think what everyone else is saying is that if you get someone like Marquise Lee to drop to 34, take him. Myself I just wanna know who our coach is and who we sign in FA before I decide who I want for the draft:

My dream Free Agents:
1. Jairus Byrd (Would settle for TJ Ward also)
2. Alterraun Verner (Would settle for Sam Shields or Talib)
3. Alex Mack
4. Jeremy Maclin (Would be cheaper than Decker although Decker is the better player)
5. ANY PUNTER!!!!
2.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:06 PM   #110
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 7,597
Re: 34th Overall Pick

The Bengals are stacked at WR, I would imagine there might be a FA in there. If Gruden is hired he just bring one of them, Green, Jones, Sanu, Hawkins, Tate.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:26 AM   #111
The Starter
 
REDSKINS4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Born and raised in D.C.....but I'm a New Yorker now....
Posts: 2,143
Re: 34th Overall Pick

There should be a early 2nd round pick that scouts give a first round grade.....we should be able to land a ggood player.
__________________
Touchdown Washington Redskins!!!
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:12 AM   #112
Camp Scrub
 
delusional optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 14
Re: 34th Overall Pick

I have a sneaky feeling we may wind up switching back to a 4-3.If this is the case a 4-3 OLB becomes a pretty big need.

I will be very disappointed if we don't make a strong push for Byrd in FA. The safeties in this draft look kind of weak and we haven't had a centerfielder type FS since Taylor passed.

So much will depend on the coach that comes in.
delusional optimist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #113
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,434
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusional optimist View Post
I have a sneaky feeling we may wind up switching back to a 4-3.If this is the case a 4-3 OLB becomes a pretty big need.

I will be very disappointed if we don't make a strong push for Byrd in FA. The safeties in this draft look kind of weak and we haven't had a centerfielder type FS since Taylor passed.

So much will depend on the coach that comes in.
I agree with this. Jairus Byrd probably won't settle for less than 10 million a year, but he'd be worth it. He alone would upgrade our secondary from bad to respectable. And outside of Pryor, Buchanon, and Clinton-Dix, all who will probably be gone by the 3rd round, the safety class is pretty weak. So assuming we don't take a safety with our first pick, Byrd needs to be a top priority.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #114
MVP
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 11,974
Re: 34th Overall Pick

34th pick should be spent on either RT or Front Seven. Best available from that group
__________________
Ditka for President
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:45 PM   #115
The Starter
 
donofriose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,874
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I agree with this. Jairus Byrd probably won't settle for less than 10 million a year, but he'd be worth it. He alone would upgrade our secondary from bad to respectable. And outside of Pryor, Buchanon, and Clinton-Dix, all who will probably be gone by the 3rd round, the safety class is pretty weak. So assuming we don't take a safety with our first pick, Byrd needs to be a top priority.
10 million is too much for any player that is not a QB.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #116
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,434
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
10 million is too much for any player that is not a QB.
I agree. But safety is a huge need, so we basically have 3 options: overpay Byrd and drastically improve our secondary, take a safety with our first pick in this years' draft and miss out on some good OL that will be available, or sign a stopgap in FA and hope Rambo, Thomas, Meriweather, and whoever else we have is good enough to get by. Berry makes 10.2 million a year, Polamulu makes 10.1, and Weddle makes 8.6. So I doubt Byrd would settle for much less than 10. And we have a lot of cap space, so I'm in favor of signing him.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM   #117
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,144
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
I agree. But safety is a huge need, so we basically have 3 options: overpay Byrd and drastically improve our secondary, take a safety with our first pick in this years' draft and miss out on some good OL that will be available, or sign a stopgap in FA and hope Rambo, Thomas, Meriweather, and whoever else we have is good enough to get by. Berry makes 10.2 million a year, Polamulu makes 10.1, and Weddle makes 8.6. So I doubt Byrd would settle for much less than 10. And we have a lot of cap space, so I'm in favor of signing him.

Could go after T.J. Ward, would be cheaper.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #118
The Starter
 
SirLK26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,434
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Could go after T.J. Ward, would be cheaper.
True, and it could be wiser, since Byrd might get outrageous with his salary demands. But Byrd in a Redskins uniform would be pretty sweet.
__________________
"[Trent Murphy] is not going to stand there and be your b****. Be a gentleman, open doors for women, but when s*** hits the fan, he wants to whip you." - Jerry Murphy

Keep the name.
SirLK26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #119
Special Teams
 
whistler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 129
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
Only when referring to my wife.

But I agree and I fell we will have at least one OL signed in FA and one in the draft. (Hoping for Alex Mack myself), I think what everyone else is saying is that if you get someone like Marquise Lee to drop to 34, take him. Myself I just wanna know who our coach is and who we sign in FA before I decide who I want for the draft:

My dream Free Agents:
1. Jairus Byrd (Would settle for TJ Ward also)
2. Alterraun Verner (Would settle for Sam Shields or Talib)
3. Alex Mack
4. Jeremy Maclin (Would be cheaper than Decker although Decker is the better player)
5. ANY PUNTER!!!!
2.
I have an out of the box idea...wait and draft a quality DB/Safety what about Phillip Thomas?
whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #120
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,144
Re: 34th Overall Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by whistler View Post
I have an out of the box idea...wait and draft a quality DB/Safety what about Phillip Thomas?

That is not really out of the box at all, I am fine with Thomas starting at SS next year, but what about FS? And CB? We need both of those positions. And whose to say this "quality" DB/S will be any good and where are you gonna draft him at? This draft isn't as deep with secondary talent as last year.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.28009 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25