Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Four Five Six Seven

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #121
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Reed isnt even close to the hitter Jarrett is and Jarrett also got his hands on more balls in passes defensed and ints stats. That could be just scheme at Tech.
Are you comparing Reed's pro performance to Jarrett's college performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
If you look at Combine drills, Jarrett lead the DB in Bench press reps and 3 cone drill.
And I should care about this because...? Explain to me how bench press helps a safety perform in the NFL. What a god damn waste of time. Bottom line is he's an unspectacular player, like Doughty, who will put in work and hustle. By any scouting report both he and Doughty grade out as average on game tape. But you get a high character guy with some smarts and a work ethic, there's value there.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2015, 10:56 AM   #122
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,369
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Are you comparing Reed's pro performance to Jarrett's college performance?



And I should care about this because...? Explain to me how bench press helps a safety perform in the NFL. What a god damn waste of time. Bottom line is he's an unspectacular player, like Doughty, who will put in work and hustle. By any scouting report both he and Doughty grade out as average on game tape. But you get a high character guy with some smarts and a work ethic, there's value there.
Schneed GTFO with your Reed and Jarrett comparison, not close...bottomline. Try to enjoy the rest of your day
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #123
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Schneed GTFO with your Reed and Jarrett comparison, not close...bottomline. Try to enjoy the rest of your day
I understand you're a talker and not much of a thinker, so let me do the thinking for you.

Jarrett - NFL.com scouting report bottom line:
Productive, yet limited, three-year starter with a nose for the ball and a willingness to play a physical brand of football. He can be a liability in coverage and will have to be covered up by scheme, but he's an absolute bulldog around the line of scrimmage and can play on special teams right away

So does that sound familiar?

You seem to love to compare combine stats as if that has any bearing on how a player plays in the NFL. Jarrett ran a 4.5, Reed a 4.6. Reed was 6 feet, Jarrett 5'10. Do you really think any of that matters? If so you're not knowledgeable enough to stay here and have Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

Both sound tacklers, both strong special teamers, both understand how to be around the ball. Neither major playmaking forces in the passing game, both present coverage liabilities. Both very high effort guys, smart, respected in the locker room, but ultimately have a low ceiling because of athletic limitations.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:29 PM   #124
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,369
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I understand you're a talker and not much of a thinker, so let me do the thinking for you.

Jarrett - NFL.com scouting report bottom line:
Productive, yet limited, three-year starter with a nose for the ball and a willingness to play a physical brand of football. He can be a liability in coverage and will have to be covered up by scheme, but he's an absolute bulldog around the line of scrimmage and can play on special teams right away

So does that sound familiar?

You seem to love to compare combine stats as if that has any bearing on how a player plays in the NFL. Jarrett ran a 4.5, Reed a 4.6. Reed was 6 feet, Jarrett 5'10. Do you really think any of that matters? If so you're not knowledgeable enough to stay here and have Redskins Discussion for the Knowledgeable Fan.

Both sound tacklers, both strong special teamers, both understand how to be around the ball. Neither major playmaking forces in the passing game, both present coverage liabilities. Both very high effort guys, smart, respected in the locker room, but ultimately have a low ceiling because of athletic limitations.
Have you ever seen Jarrett play? GTFO then
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:34 PM   #125
Captain Kirk
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 38
Posts: 10,161
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Have you ever seen Jarrett play? GTFO then
Yes, believe it or not you can see VT games up here in PA. So can I stay?

You love to spew posts all over this site but rarely put much cogent thought into it. Try adding value through quality instead of quantity.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:50 PM   #126
Playmaker
 
Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 3,879
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Calm down ladies.

You really cant compare a college kid to a 10 year vet. That being said, I dont see KJ as a long time solution just yet, but who knows. Lots of things change for players when they transition to NFL. Schemes, Speed, Growth.
__________________
I need something to cheer about
Redskin Fan since '88
Be friends on Twitter! @thecasualhero
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:55 PM   #127
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,369
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Yes, believe it or not you can see VT games up here in PA. So can I stay?

You love to spew posts all over this site but rarely put much cogent thought into it. Try adding value through quality instead of quantity.
Yeah, just a difference of opinion which Im good with, but I guess your not. But nothing really in Jarrett's play says Reed. But like I stated originally, scheme of tech's defense could have something to do with that. I actually think Jarrett could play slot CB in the nickel. As you know, Jarrett is a defensive player who is fun to watch, I think that is probably another difference with Reed.
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 01:57 PM   #128
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 18,369
Re: Four Five Six Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
Calm down ladies.

You really cant compare a college kid to a 10 year vet. That being said, I dont see KJ as a long time solution just yet, but who knows. Lots of things change for players when they transition to NFL. Schemes, Speed, Growth.
10 year vet... you think Reed would have ever played on a different team? I have serious doubts
__________________
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:19 PM   #129
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 44
Posts: 88,968
Re: Four Five Six Seven

There are Reeds all over the league. As a special teamer alone he would have played on plenty of teams.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 06:11 AM   #130
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 17,210
Re: Four Five Six Seven

yeah, reed was solid, just not special. there are a ton of those guys around the league.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #131
MVP
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 45
Posts: 10,585
Re: Four Five Six Seven

I want the last couple minutes of my life back. Lol.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #132
Special Teams
 
mrreddman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: alexandria va
Posts: 143
Re: Four Five Six Seven

id like to think Jarrett will be a much better pro than Reed. Reed was very limited from a physical aspect but a fairly smart player. but from what ive seen from Jarrett i believe his potential tops anything Reed could ever do. and im not trying to slight Reed..but he is a dime a dozen NFL player... which Jarrett may be as well. but im anxious to see what he can do. while with Reed i was anxious to see him leave.
mrreddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.06242 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25