Warpath  

Home | Forums | Shop | Donate




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room > NFL Draft Central


Senior Bowl 2016

NFL Draft Central


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #16
Impact Rookie
 
Bangee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pa
Posts: 697
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
S'ua Cravens is the one in this draft who is most like D. Buc. He is 6-1, 225 and he played a hybrid SS/LB role at USC. He is a tremendous player, IMHO.
I'd like one each, please!

Seriously, we could use a hitter who could cover tight ends.
Bangee7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #17
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 18,763
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
Pretty much what I saw. It's only a 1 game sample size but I left that game feeling thatMiles lacked aggression and imho that is a trait a S must have all the time. Maybe he'll bring the wood at the Senior Bowl, but without that aggression for me personally I wouldn't pick him before the 4th round and that's only if he checks off everything else...speed, agility, coverage, range etc. The comparison's I've read about him to D. Buc and Kam Chancellor seem way, way off base.
Agreed. Not tentative, but DEFINITELY not aggressive. It was like he was too afraid to miss the tackle.

I have a ton of faith in Scot, but I also look at the positions that bust the highest and DBs (along with QBs/WRs) tend to bust much more often than linemen, both offensive and defensive. I think taking the best DT (Kenny Clark! ) and then best C with the second pick would beef up two weak spots on both lines. After that, I'm down to try and take the next Bashaud Breeland and hope we catch lightening in a bottle twice.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #18
Playmaker
 
30gut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,218
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Agreed. Not tentative, but DEFINITELY not aggressive. It was like he was too afraid to miss the tackle.
Wanna read something funny about him?

2016 Senior Bowl preview: Carson Wentz and a whole lot more - SBNation.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Kadar SB Nation
Killebrew is a 6'3, 230-pound wrecking ball of a safety. Few players in this year's draft possess Killebrew's on-field aggression. As a senior he had 132 tackles and excelled on coverage duties.
I'm gonna take a look at his other game and maybe we just watched a 1 game aberration? But aggression imo is trait that is evident in every game.

Makes me remember that around draft season some media members will make statements fueled by hearsay from coaches, scouts, team officials, agents that can be off base sometimes wildly off base and right now his comment on Miles could be one of them.

Quote:
I have a ton of faith in Scot, but I also look at the positions that bust the highest and DBs (along with QBs/WRs) tend to bust much more often than linemen, both offensive and defensive. I think taking the best DT (Kenny Clark! ) and then best C with the second pick would beef up two weak spots on both lines. After that, I'm down to try and take the next Bashaud Breeland and hope we catch lightening in a bottle twice.
Yup, I think Scott is one of the best.

My view when it comes to the draft all any team can do is make accurate evaluations and rankings of players and allow the draft to play out and take the best player available at the time you pick. (A caveat on BPA is that it includes your own team. Therefore for a draft pick to the BPA they also have to be the BPA on your own team.)

If the draft played out to where a DL and C were BPA somewhere in the 1st 4 rounds that would be great. But I would be fine with ILB or Pass Rusher or WR or CB as well. It all depends on how the draft plays out.
__________________
I looked at it as, if I wasnt good enough to go on the first day, Im gonna get in the gym tonight and prove that Im good enough to myself..Im all about work.S'ua #36
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #19
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,098
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Carson Wentz lol for fucks sakes...people and the draft will never learn. I hope Dallas takes this guy at 4.
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #20
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 18,763
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

I don't know Chico. I always get worried that they'll find their next franchise QB instantly instead of suffering with the Drew Bledsoes and Quincy Carters for years. I still worry they'll take Ezekiel Elliot. WAY too high for him, but damn he would look good behind that line.

30gut, maybe you're right on that one game, but how do you "teach" aggression? You can shape technique and do film study to fix intangibles, but it's like saying you can someone's personality. I would be nervous as hell taking a WR or CB if we didn't have Scot. My fears are alleviated a bit with him in charge, but last thing we need is to miss on a first or second round pick while we're still rebuilding. I wouldn't hate ILB, but I think Mason and Compton are more than adequate right now and we can invest the picks elsewhere.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:32 PM   #21
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,071
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Scot just interviewed he said;

doesn't see them trading up... wants more picks ... still have a long way to go

it sounds like the odds are high that they will trade down again
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:49 PM   #22
I like big (_|_)s.
 
TheMalcolmConnection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Lexington, Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 18,763
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Seems like a deep draft at positions of need, so I'm all for it.
__________________
Regret nothing. At one time it was exactly what you wanted.
TheMalcolmConnection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 PM   #23
Franchise Player
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 9,990
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

McCloughan: Redskins "won't be big players" in free agency | CSN Mid-Atlantic
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:56 PM   #24
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 28
Posts: 13,105
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangee7 View Post
I'd like one each, please!

Seriously, we could use a hitter who could cover tight ends.
Jayron Kearse from Clemson, or even our own Kyoshen Jarrett (We use him the way the Cardinals use Tyrann Mathieu anyways)
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 07:58 PM   #25
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 28
Posts: 13,105
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
I don't know Chico. I always get worried that they'll find their next franchise QB instantly instead of suffering with the Drew Bledsoes and Quincy Carters for years. I still worry they'll take Ezekiel Elliot. WAY too high for him, but damn he would look good behind that line.

30gut, maybe you're right on that one game, but how do you "teach" aggression? You can shape technique and do film study to fix intangibles, but it's like saying you can someone's personality. I would be nervous as hell taking a WR or CB if we didn't have Scot. My fears are alleviated a bit with him in charge, but last thing we need is to miss on a first or second round pick while we're still rebuilding. I wouldn't hate ILB, but I think Mason and Compton are more than adequate right now and we can invest the picks elsewhere.
I understand that but Reggie Ragland looks like a better CJ Mosley, and for some reason over the last 3-4 years Bama has given the NFL some elite inside linebacking play
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:11 PM   #26
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,098
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Makes sense, but he says "we have some money, it's gonna be similar"...I imagine as in last year. If that's the case, junior gallete, pot roast, culliver and paea wasn't exactly sitting on the sidelines. Still he is saying the focus will be draft which is the perfect plan.

Culliver and paea were not exactly small deals...those deals could snag a Denver linebacker like trevathen or Marshall...
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:14 PM   #27
Living Legend
 
That Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Springfield, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 17,210
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

it's not about cost with McC, it's about value.
__________________
Who says shameless self promotion is stupid? oh yeah, that was me... Click For Tunes!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #28
The Starter
 
Irrefutable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,071
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Makes sense, but he says "we have some money, it's gonna be similar"...I imagine as in last year. If that's the case, junior gallete, pot roast, culliver and paea wasn't exactly sitting on the sidelines. Still he is saying the focus will be draft which is the perfect plan.

Culliver and paea were not exactly small deals...those deals could snag a Denver linebacker like trevathen or Marshall...
Culliver could be getting $9.2 million this year. If they are just as active as last year, you are looking at about 4 starters. Keep in mind Scot would be foolish to telegraph his plans. They still need a lot of help (DL,LB,CB, S.... virtually everywhere.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #29
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 40
Posts: 19,098
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
it's not about cost with McC, it's about value.
I like the quote in their too about free agents....it's not about themselves anymore, it's about the redskins.

Value also in the sense of team...lockerroom...
__________________
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. Stephen Covey
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:08 PM   #30
Quietly Dominating the East
 
Hog1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 10,675
Re: Senior Bowl 2016

I'm ready for a Scott McCloughan jersey....
__________________
Goodbye Sean..........Vaya Con Dios
thankyou Joe.......
God made certain people to play football. He was one of them. Joe Gibbs
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.15907 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25