Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


MD beats #5 NC

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 AM   #46
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Question Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post


EDIT THAT: MIKE JONES WITH 25. WHO?!!
WHO?
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 AM   #47
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
You know what pisses the f... out of me? How the hell is duke ranked. Before tonight we were both 8-6 and 22-7 but the difference was, we beat UNC and THEM, THEM!!! and they are ranked 14 and we are UNRANKED?!!!?! WTF kind of load of horse shit is that?

Moreso, we beat them and then they became unranked for the first time in a million years. They go on to beat Clemson by 4 or something, GT, BC(clap clap clap) and Freaking St Johns and go up ( more like flew up) to 14!!!! We beat CLemson by 16(compared to their 4 )destroy NC state and FSU(not to big of a deal, i know) and beat Number 5 UNC. For that we are unranked. It doesn't make any sense. NOw they are going to lose to UNC which means that they are swept by us and UNC and as long as they keep the score close they are still going to be ranked in the coaches poll. We are 28th in votes in the ESPN poll and they are 14 and they are probably going to be ranked higher than us even though we beat them twice and beat UNC.

F... Duke. I hate them. I hate the people that go there and their superior rich boy piece of dung attitude. I hate that they get respect for doing nothing. I hate everything about that school.

Regardless, they aren't our rivals. I don't consider them our rivals. No maryland fan expects to take UNC's place. We just expect them to understand that UMD is one of their rivals. If they don't come to the realization that we are somewhat their rivals, neither will I. I am fine just beating their asses for the better part of a decade. 5-2 in the last 7 and 2 sweeps in the past 3 years.

Rant done.
I TOTALLY agree. We definitely deserve to be ranked in the top 20 (if not higher ... maybe top 15). Duke can suck a big one.

You know what I hate most about Duke? They have more "fake" fans than any other team. Just like the Yankees. People say they are fans, and wear Duke jerseys. Then you ask them about the game last night, and they're like, "Oh, Duke played last night?" F... that shit.

Also, have you ever noticed how all the Duke fans in the stands are nerds? Haha. Nerds.

As for the game last night, we played really well. The best part is that we played consistently well. Mike Jones was on FIRE in the first half ... something like 4-4 FG and 3-3 on 3pts. And, Vasquez was a man on a mission. He was SO pumped after making those back-to-back 3's right before the end of the 1st half. We're sick right now, and if we keep playing like this we could beat anybody.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM   #48
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
You know what pisses the f... out of me? How the hell is duke ranked. Before tonight we were both 8-6 and 22-7 but the difference was, we beat UNC and THEM, THEM!!! and they are ranked 14 and we are UNRANKED?!!!?! WTF kind of load of horse shit is that?

Moreso, we beat them and then they became unranked for the first time in a million years. They go on to beat Clemson by 4 or something, GT, BC(clap clap clap) and Freaking St Johns and go up ( more like flew up) to 14!!!! We beat CLemson by 16(compared to their 4 )destroy NC state and FSU(not to big of a deal, i know) and beat Number 5 UNC. For that we are unranked. It doesn't make any sense. NOw they are going to lose to UNC which means that they are swept by us and UNC and as long as they keep the score close they are still going to be ranked in the coaches poll. We are 28th in votes in the ESPN poll and they are 14 and they are probably going to be ranked higher than us even though we beat them twice and beat UNC.

F... Duke. I hate them. I hate the people that go there and their superior rich boy piece of dung attitude. I hate that they get respect for doing nothing. I hate everything about that school.

Regardless, they aren't our rivals. I don't consider them our rivals. No maryland fan expects to take UNC's place. We just expect them to understand that UMD is one of their rivals. If they don't come to the realization that we are somewhat their rivals, neither will I. I am fine just beating their asses for the better part of a decade. 5-2 in the last 7 and 2 sweeps in the past 3 years.

Rant done.

I agree completely.

I was watching the Duke spanking and when I noticed Duke (who's having a bad year for their standards) was ranked #14 and MD with the same record was unranked...I was mad.

It's painful when Dicky V does a Duke game. But then again, he talks about Duke when they're not even playing anyways.

I'm glad we beat them again. I hate Duke. They're the Dallas Cowboys and Boston Red Sox of college basketball.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:25 AM   #49
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: MD beats #5 NC

I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Mike Patrick had his head just as far up coach k's ass as dickie v. At one point there was a no call under the basket after McRoberts definitely charged into a UMD player and Patrick kept saying something like "great no-call;" then, going the other way, Maryland was called for a charge when the duke player jumped in late and was already off balance and Patrick loved that call too.
So, in summation, Mike Patrick can suck it.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #50
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: MD beats #5 NC

DOWN WITH DUKE!!!!!!

GO TERPS!

That is all.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #51
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Mike Patrick had his head just as far up coach k's ass as dickie v. At one point there was a no call under the basket after McRoberts definitely charged into a UMD player and Patrick kept saying something like "great no-call;" then, going the other way, Maryland was called for a charge when the duke player jumped in late and was already off balance and Patrick loved that call too.
So, in summation, Mike Patrick can suck it.
Yeah. That was definitely a charge. I watched the replay several times, and there's no question about it. The refs got a few calls wrong in that game. I have a feeling the first charge called on Nelson against Strawberry was the reason the refs made some other bad calls against us. Coach K was fuming, and they wanted to make it up to him. We still won though!

BTW, did you watch the game on ESPN? Did you see the technical difficulties with 2 mins left in the game? What BS. It's funny because my cousin and I were talking about the game, and how the broadcast should be better than usual because it was ESPN. I guess not.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #52
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,983
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Yeah, it was annoying when the picture went out, especially since Dickie V tried to play the roll of radio play-by-play announcer, and he did a terrible job.
Also, that was the first time I've seen a game at duke in HD and the camera angle seemed really weird. It was from way up high and kind of tilted so it was sort of disorienting at first. But Vasquez and the rest of the team made up for all that other crap.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:48 AM   #53
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,467
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I don't think I ever noticed it before, but Mike Patrick had his head just as far up coach k's ass as dickie v. At one point there was a no call under the basket after McRoberts definitely charged into a UMD player and Patrick kept saying something like "great no-call;" then, going the other way, Maryland was called for a charge when the duke player jumped in late and was already off balance and Patrick loved that call too.
So, in summation, Mike Patrick can suck it.
That's a shame because I like Mike Patrick as a play by play guy...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #54
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
WHO?
mike jones

Someone standing far off to the side: "WHO?"
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM   #55
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,087
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Another reason the Terps should be ranked: before they beat Duke last night InsideRPI had them at 14. They're (I believe) 4-1 against ranked teams and beat 2 of the top 15 teams in the nation...THIS WEEK. If they're not ranked, regardless of the NC State game, it will be a travesty.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #56
Contains football related knowledge
 
JoeRedskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Second Star On The Right
Age: 51
Posts: 8,667
Re: MD beats #5 NC

They will be ranked. Probably somewhere in the 15-20 range.
__________________
You aren't worth the water in my spit but, maybe, just maybe, you're worth the lead in my shotgun.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #57
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: MD beats #5 NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
They will be ranked. Probably somewhere in the 15-20 range.
But...Duke will probably be ranked HIGHER.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:41 PM   #58
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: MD beats #5 NC

look at our seed according to ESPN

ESPN.com - NCB - Bracketology

This is why, this is why, this is why we hot.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:52 PM   #59
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: MD beats #5 NC

they have us as a 4 also
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM   #60
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,636
Re: MD beats #5 NC

That is very true. I am surprised to be at 4 and I am suprised that VT is at 4 also but they are dangerous. But You are slipping up. Right now you are down 8 to Virginia and that hurts.

Top 4 in the ACC are Virginia, VT, UNC, and UMD right now. We could debate and get no where to which the best team is. The ACC tourney and the NCAA tourney are all that matter though and we'll see then. Our game was great. I think the score was 67-64 and it was close throughout. Hopefully on neutral ground we will beat you.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.37863 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25