Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


everyone laugh at duke

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2007, 12:24 PM   #31
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
What if you lose a really big bet?

oooohhhh....now thats a totally different reason for crying. it's very understandable to cry over losing money but only if it's a large amount.

i am assuming your talking about a large amount of money when you say "big bet".
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 PM   #32
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoDogAllStars View Post
Yep. I don't get sad, I get mad. It is so frustrating to see my team lose -- especially for stupid reasons, or playing below their potential.
thats right, i never feel sad either. i just sometimes feel pissed off.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #33
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: everyone laugh at duke

YouTube - dook's Greg Paulus flops

Paulus flops. I remember seeing this in the game and laughed but i didn't notice he didn't even get touched.
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #34
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,996
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
oooohhhh....now thats a totally different reason for crying. it's very understandable to cry over losing money but only if it's a large amount.

i am assuming your talking about a large amount of money when you say "big bet".
Large amount of money, public humiliation, your first born son, whatever.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:01 PM   #35
Playmaker
 
skinsfanthru&thru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Richmond, VA
Age: 34
Posts: 3,730
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
YouTube - dook's Greg Paulus flops

Paulus flops. I remember seeing this in the game and laughed but i didn't notice he didn't even get touched.
that's why habitual floppers should be ejected and suspended to get that crap out of sports.
__________________
"Ahhh, so you're stupid in 3 languages?"
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:32 PM   #36
Playmaker
 
GhettoDogAllStars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver
Age: 32
Posts: 2,761
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru View Post
that's why habitual floppers should be ejected and suspended to get that crap out of sports.
Definitely. That should have been a foul on Paulus. I'm thinking a technical would do. It'd be hard to enforce, but I guess you'd only call it when it's blatantly obvious.
__________________
To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered.
GhettoDogAllStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:10 PM   #37
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,502
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Yeah i am tired on band wagoneers. You need to have a reason to be a fan. It doesn't even need to be a good reason. My brother is a Cubs fan because they were the first baseball team he ever saw play. Good enough. Proximity is obviously the best reason.

BUT IF THE REASON YOU LIKE A TEAM IS BECAUSE THEY ARE GOOD OR HAVE BEEN GOOD THEN YOU DESERVE A THOUSAND LIT CIGAREETES TO THE GROIN. IT IS TOTALLY PATHETIC TO RALLY BEHIND A WINNER ONLY BECAUSE THEY WIN.
I couldnt disagree more. I like Duke because of tradition, and their head coach. Now it's completley different if I were to say after they won a national championship the next day I'm a fan. But you dont need a reason to be a fan of a football team. I became a Redskins fan the year they won the Super Bowl in 1991 when I was 6 years old, do I deserve 1,000 cigarettes to the groin? Common. Some people dont live in sports towns like DC, where they can grow up watching all these pro sports teams, and need to find national teams to root for, sorry. There is no right or wrong reaosn to be a fan of a team. But I think theres a huge difference between being a bandwagoner and liking a team who has been good because of the tradition and they are fun to watch. Shit the only team I have that I have a "reason" like yours for is the Stl Carindals cause I was lucky enough to go to a game when I was young. I just think some people dont understand how some peopl eneed to pick teams if they arent really in a sports market.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:04 PM   #38
Camp Scrub
 
Dealseeker777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 26
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Nice, MALCOM! lol
Dealseeker777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:19 PM   #39
Franchise Player
 
ArtMonkDrillz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Age: 31
Posts: 7,996
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I couldnt disagree more. I like Duke because of tradition, and their head coach. Now it's completley different if I were to say after they won a national championship the next day I'm a fan. But you dont need a reason to be a fan of a football team. I became a Redskins fan the year they won the Super Bowl in 1991 when I was 6 years old, do I deserve 1,000 cigarettes to the groin? Common. Some people dont live in sports towns like DC, where they can grow up watching all these pro sports teams, and need to find national teams to root for, sorry. There is no right or wrong reaosn to be a fan of a team. But I think theres a huge difference between being a bandwagoner and liking a team who has been good because of the tradition and they are fun to watch. Shit the only team I have that I have a "reason" like yours for is the Stl Carindals cause I was lucky enough to go to a game when I was young. I just think some people dont understand how some peopl eneed to pick teams if they arent really in a sports market.
You make some good points (but I still hate duke) that I never really thought about. I'll admit that I'm a total homer for all the DC teams, and for UMD because that's there my dad went (I went to a DIII school with a great LAX program, so I can't watch them on TV) and now we have season tickets for football. I guess I was just lucky to grow up in an area with a ton of teams to root for, even if they're not always that great.
__________________
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." The Dude
ArtMonkDrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #40
Special Teams
 
rvd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: everyone laugh at duke

duke blows monkey balls.GO UK!!!!!
rvd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:19 PM   #41
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,961
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
I couldnt disagree more. I like Duke because of tradition, and their head coach. Now it's completley different if I were to say after they won a national championship the next day I'm a fan. But you dont need a reason to be a fan of a football team. I became a Redskins fan the year they won the Super Bowl in 1991 when I was 6 years old, do I deserve 1,000 cigarettes to the groin? Common. Some people dont live in sports towns like DC, where they can grow up watching all these pro sports teams, and need to find national teams to root for, sorry. There is no right or wrong reaosn to be a fan of a team. But I think theres a huge difference between being a bandwagoner and liking a team who has been good because of the tradition and they are fun to watch. Shit the only team I have that I have a "reason" like yours for is the Stl Carindals cause I was lucky enough to go to a game when I was young. I just think some people dont understand how some peopl eneed to pick teams if they arent really in a sports market.
I think you're being a little too literal.

There clearly are many reasons to like a team. I simply think liking a team because they are good is pathetic. To me you need something else to be a real fan. This goes out the window when you're talking about kids too.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 12:45 AM   #42
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,502
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think you're being a little too literal.

There clearly are many reasons to like a team. I simply think liking a team because they are good is pathetic. To me you need something else to be a real fan. This goes out the window when you're talking about kids too.
But if someone likes a team when they're good, sticks with them through some tougher times, they can't be a fan??

And dont get me wrong about bandwagoners, I hate them too. I freaking can't stand the Sabres right now because everyone here acts like they've been with them since day one, when the arena was empty and they almost contracted a few years ago....but I dont think you need a real reason to like a team. You just start to like them and if you stick with them I dont see why that can't be your team.

I'm just being very general. I mean I'm not a die hard Duke fan or anything, I root for Syracuse every much as I do Duke, so it has nothing to really do with them. I just think you can start liking a team because you enjoy watching them and become a fan.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 01:33 AM   #43
Pro Bowl
 
BigSKINBauer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 26
Posts: 5,637
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Why Duke Sucks - CollegeHumor video

This is why duke sucks
__________________
"For there is nothing half so glorious
As to see our team victorious"



BSB
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #44
The Starter
 
wolfeskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: chesapeake,va.
Posts: 2,160
Re: everyone laugh at duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
But if someone likes a team when they're good, sticks with them through some tougher times, they can't be a fan??

And dont get me wrong about bandwagoners, I hate them too. I freaking can't stand the Sabres right now because everyone here acts like they've been with them since day one, when the arena was empty and they almost contracted a few years ago....but I dont think you need a real reason to like a team. You just start to like them and if you stick with them I dont see why that can't be your team.

I'm just being very general. I mean I'm not a die hard Duke fan or anything, I root for Syracuse every much as I do Duke, so it has nothing to really do with them. I just think you can start liking a team because you enjoy watching them and become a fan.
i pretty much agree with you, if someone starts to like a team just because that team is good, that person must cheer them on just as much when that team is bad.
what i hate (and i've seen this alot lately) is when in every day life, around this area (hampton roads) i see maybe 3 or 4 flags on a car or stickers in a window or hats on someone of a team like the bears or the colts...etc., then all the sudden everywhere i look i see those same team's logos all over the damn place. people say "well i root for the skins but i've always been a bears fan". thats bullcrap, the only reason that they now wear the bears stuff is because they went to the superbowl.
__________________
Hail to Allen/Shanahan .... bring in some baby hogs and load up on diesel fuel !!! (budw38)
wolfeskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #45
Special Teams
 
rvd420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 227
Re: everyone laugh at duke

im sayin someone who roots for one team then their team starts havin a couple of bad seasons and that so called fan routes for another team cause tthey are winning.i hate people like that.ive been a braves fan since they were cellar dwellers.im still a braves fan and will be till the day i croak.
rvd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.30427 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25