Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


The Masters

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #1
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
The Masters

The Master's starts in a few days and this is my favorite out of all the majors. So, who do you guys think will get that Green Jacket this year?
I'm pulling for Phil but for some reason I think its going to be a long shot which wins. Here's a link to the Masters site for anyone who wants to keep updated.

The Official Site of the Masters Tournament
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #2
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: The Masters

A tradition unlike any other...

Ah, warm weather, azaleas and rhodos in bloom, and the soothing sound of Jim Nantz's velvety voice. This is how you know spring has arrived.

I love this tournament so much. I have a painting on my dining room wall of the 12th green at Augusta. I've also got a list of things I'd like to do before I die, and one is play a round at Augusta National. Pretty hard to do, given how exclusive it is. But I'd love to find a way.

As for the big winner, it's boring I know, but Tiger is playing SO well right now. It's really hard to pick against him. I'm also a fan of his, I'd love to see him get Jack's 18 majors.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 3,087
Re: The Masters

I always pull for Tiger, I've always liked him. I hope he gets to another Tiger Slam.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #4
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: The Masters

It's hard not to like Tiger...but if I'm a betting man, I always take the field in the annual "Tiger vs. the field" bet.

As much as I like Lefty, I don't see him winning back to back. I'm not a big Vijay fan. I wonder if Adam Scott is hitting his stride...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:27 PM   #5
The Starter
 
jbcjr14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Age: 44
Posts: 2,012
Re: The Masters

Tiger is playing very well right now but I think this could be the year a "shocker" wins...I like Henrik Stenson, that dude can PLAY!
__________________
"Work Harder: millions on welfare are counting on you" - Obama 2009 address to Congress.
jbcjr14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM   #6
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: The Masters

The masters is my favorite major. It's hard to ever bet against Tiger, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the local boy Charles Howells come through on his home course. Eventually Adam Scott is going to have to win one to, and if he can make his puts I think he will be formidable with his length. Finally, with Vijay coming off a great win at Bay Hill he might just have one more major in him. Should be a great tournament though. No rain for the first time in forever.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #7
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,497
Re: The Masters

Phils my boy....


but I think Tiger will win, which I dont mind becuase I like Tiger too.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #8
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
A tradition unlike any other...

Ah, warm weather, azaleas and rhodos in bloom, and the soothing sound of Jim Nantz's velvety voice. This is how you know spring has arrived.

I love this tournament so much. I have a painting on my dining room wall of the 12th green at Augusta. I've also got a list of things I'd like to do before I die, and one is play a round at Augusta National. Pretty hard to do, given how exclusive it is. But I'd love to find a way.

As for the big winner, it's boring I know, but Tiger is playing SO well right now. It's really hard to pick against him. I'm also a fan of his, I'd love to see him get Jack's 18 majors.
A buddy of mine played there several years back with one of his customer and he said TV does nothing for the course. He quit keeping score after like the 8th hole because it was so tough. He is about a 6 to 8 handicap and made a 9 and a 10 on a couple of holes. He said it was like putting on you kitchen counter and if you missed a short putt it could roll right off the green.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:52 AM   #9
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: The Masters

Renditions - Golf's Grand Slam Experience

This is a course in Davidsonville, MD (between the Capital Beltway and Annapolis), and each hole is a replica of a famous hole from a Major Championship. #s 6, 7, & 8 is Amen Corner, complete with scoreboard and stone bridge. #13 is Sawgrass's #17 (Island Green). It's a pretty neat experience and I highly recommend it.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #10
RG Glee
 
Schneed10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Newtown Square, PA
Age: 34
Posts: 8,279
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
A buddy of mine played there several years back with one of his customer and he said TV does nothing for the course. He quit keeping score after like the 8th hole because it was so tough. He is about a 6 to 8 handicap and made a 9 and a 10 on a couple of holes. He said it was like putting on you kitchen counter and if you missed a short putt it could roll right off the green.
Damn. I'm about an eight, maybe a ten these days. Sounds like the course will rape me. That's ok though, it would be an experience just to play there.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Damn. I'm about an eight, maybe a ten these days. Sounds like the course will rape me. That's ok though, it would be an experience just to play there.
He said around the greens is what will kill you. They are raised and if the ball is not placed just right it will roll of the back, sides, and front of the green. Then you have to chip back onto the green and its easy to hit it to soft and have it roll back to ya or hit it to hard and roll off the other side. Then putting is another thing all together. He had a 3' down hill putt which rolled 20' and off the green. 7 shots later he had it in the cup.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,458
Re: The Masters

Sounds like you want to go after a nice soaking rain, so that the course plays soft...
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #13
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Sounds like you want to go after a nice soaking rain, so that the course plays soft...
The greens have a plumbing system and they can suck the moister out of them. Several courses on the tour now have these system so heavy rains do not effect them.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 PM   #14
Thank You, Sean.
 
Gmanc711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Age: 28
Posts: 7,497
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Renditions - Golf's Grand Slam Experience

This is a course in Davidsonville, MD (between the Capital Beltway and Annapolis), and each hole is a replica of a famous hole from a Major Championship. #s 6, 7, & 8 is Amen Corner, complete with scoreboard and stone bridge. #13 is Sawgrass's #17 (Island Green). It's a pretty neat experience and I highly recommend it.
Yeah they have one of those in Myrtle Beach too...it was so fun to play.
__________________
#21
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #15
Registered User
 
firstdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chesapeake, va
Age: 50
Posts: 15,818
Re: The Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Yeah they have one of those in Myrtle Beach too...it was so fun to play.
Do you know what the name of the one in MB is called. I'll be down with a group of 16 guys the 1st week of may and that would be a fun course to play.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.27528 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25