Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


A-Rod is red-hot

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2007, 03:50 PM   #16
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
A-Rod is nothing but class. 5 Tool ball player, and changed positions mid-career to allow a teammate not to have to do the same.

However, Yankee fans, and those who dislike A-Rod will always find something to criticize him about. Whether it's his contract, or his annual post-season choke. What fans don't understand is that it takes 25 players to make a ball team good, not the fate of the club rests on 1 person's shoulders.
Great points. In fact, he was on his way to being one of the best shortstops ever...and moved to 3B so Jeter's performance wouldn't go down when he arrived in NY. It had a learning curve, but he's getting the new position down well.

Jeter is freaking amazing in the field. I saw him in Baltimore last year (took the wife to a NY game, so she owes me the White Sox game this year) and he made an incredible no-look backwards flip to Roberts to start a DP. He fielded the ball in the OF on the first-base side of second, WAY out of any other SS's range.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #17
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,476
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

As much as I love to hate Jeter, you can't deny that he's a great ball player.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 04:58 PM   #18
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Don't you have to win in April in order to get to October?

I honestly feel bad for the guy, he's in a no-win situation. If he plays well people say let's see if he can do this in October. If he struggles people say he stinks.

I agree he needs to step it up in big games, and he's certainly brought alot of his troubles on himself. But I still think he's under a white-hot spotlight and he's over-analyzed to a ridiculous degree.
Yeah I agree Matty, I just feel bad for him. He has always been a nice guy, and it just stupid the way NY fans boo him. I hope he leaves next year, but I do root for him. I hate the Yankees, but I rather see them win because of A-rod, rather than Jeter or another Yankee.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #19
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,490
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yeah I agree Matty, I just feel bad for him. He has always been a nice guy, and it just stupid the way NY fans boo him. I hope he leaves next year, but I do root for him. I hate the Yankees, but I rather see them win because of A-rod, rather than Jeter or another Yankee.
Totally agree with you on this one. My older brother is a huge Yankee fan, and the only thing we ever agree on is A-rod. I hate the rest of them.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:25 PM   #20
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

I don't see why Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Mussina, and Petitte (among others) should be hated.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #21
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,490
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't see why Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Mussina, and Petitte (among others) should be hated.
Because everyone always likes them.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:37 PM   #22
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
Because everyone always likes them.
Um...ok
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #23
Wildcard Bitches
 
RobH4413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bethesda, MD
Age: 29
Posts: 2,490
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Um...ok
I was raised to hate the Yankees, born an O's fan. It's not logical to hate them, but I just do. To be perfectly honest, since becoming a Nationals fan it's been hard to accept that there is no reason to dislike them anymore.

I was actually recently re-united with my older brother about 6 months ago. I never had met him before, and liking A-rod is kind of my way to find some way to talk about baseball with him.

I rejoiced to the heavens when I found out he was as die hard of a Redskins fan as I was, and It's been really rewarding experience (found out I was an uncle!).

And, yes, your right there really is no logic to me disliking the rest of the Yanks, but it's hard to get the O's out of me.
__________________
This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!
RobH4413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #24
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH4413 View Post
I was raised to hate the Yankees, born an O's fan. It's not logical to hate them, but I just do. To be perfectly honest, since becoming a Nationals fan it's been hard to accept that there is no reason to dislike them anymore.

I was actually recently re-united with my older brother about 6 months ago. I never had met him before, and liking A-rod is kind of my way to find some way to talk about baseball with him.

I rejoiced to the heavens when I found out he was as die hard of a Redskins fan as I was, and It's been really rewarding experience (found out I was an uncle!).

And, yes, your right there really is no logic to me disliking the rest of the Yanks, but it's hard to get the O's out of me.

That's a cool story between you and your bro
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #25
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I don't see why Jeter, Posada, Rivera, Mussina, and Petitte (among others) should be hated.
I respect Jeter because I dont know how you cant. He is an amazing player.

As for the hatred, I think people hate the Yankees because of the MLB salary cap setup, or lack thereof. I really hate that in the MLB, and they are just buying championships. That is just stupid, and each team is like a colored marble in a bag, but Yankees have about 50x more marbles than other teams and get an unfair advantage.

When they lose it makes me feel good, a kind of defeating the man feeling.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I respect Jeter because I dont know how you cant. He is an amazing player.

As for the hatred, I think people hate the Yankees because of the MLB salary cap setup, or lack thereof. I really hate that in the MLB, and they are just buying championships. That is just stupid, and each team is like a colored marble in a bag, but Yankees have about 50x more marbles than other teams and get an unfair advantage.

When they lose it makes me feel good, a kind of defeating the man feeling.
But they haven't won a championship in years. The MLB has had a different champion each year for the past seven years (or something like that). None of the other major pro leagues can claim that. There are a lot of teams in MLB that could spend more money yet choose not to, or spend it in other ways. The Yankees shouldn't be faulted for that.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:40 PM   #27
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
But they haven't won a championship in years. The MLB has had a different champion each year for the past seven years (or something like that). None of the other major pro leagues can claim that. There are a lot of teams in MLB that could spend more money yet choose not to, or spend it in other ways. The Yankees shouldn't be faulted for that.
Yet the Yankees are always in contention for a title. Why are they in that position? It isnt because the Yankees are much better than every other organization. It is because they can afford to pay tons of money and get players like Jeter, A-Rod, and others on one team.

It is like a dream team in the NBA playing regular NBA teams. It simply isn't fair.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #28
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

I also dont fault the Yankees, I blame MLB for having such a shitty system.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #29
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,892
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Yet the Yankees are always in contention for a title. Why are they in that position? It isnt because the Yankees are much better than every other organization. It is because they can afford to pay tons of money and get players like Jeter, A-Rod, and others on one team.

It is like a dream team in the NBA playing regular NBA teams. It simply isn't fair.
Well like you said, you shouldn't blame the Yankees. They're not breaking any rules. Don't hate the player, hate the game
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 10:03 PM   #30
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: A-Rod is red-hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well like you said, you shouldn't blame the Yankees. They're not breaking any rules. Don't hate the player, hate the game
Well I never said I hated Yankees players. I respect most that I think are good. I just hate the system and I cant hate the Yankees front office too. Their organization will not want change either, because it will end their chances of buying championships in the future.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32259 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25