Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 02:15 PM   #76
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I think they should take the restricter plates off for Talledega...they don't hit the brakes there anyway.
So do I, but they're too concerned about safety. The plate is here to stay.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #77
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeskins View Post
i'm pretty sure that i'm not a fan. i've tried watching soccer before,sometimes there's just nothing good on tv,even then i can only watch about 5 min. or so. i just find it too boring. i'm like that with other sports as well, i have a hard time watching baseball, golf and a few other sports to go along with soccer. hell, i even have a hard time watching a whole nascar race without falling asleep or something.
Yeah I know, I was just rocking ESPN's ad slogan.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #78
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
So do I, but they're too concerned about safety. The plate is here to stay.
Yeah, I think it's good for most races...but what's the difference between 210 mph or 197 mph? They say it's for the safety of the fans...HUH?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #79
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,594
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Crazy Earnhardt fans. I don't like the Jeffrosexual, but geesh, people...get over it...he's gone. Ol' Dale won most of his races dirty by shoving people into walls. None of today's drivers: Gordon, Stewart even drunken Michael Waltrip are anywhere near as dirty as Earnhardt was. I can't stand Gordon, but he's won at every level of racing since he was a kid, he does have talent underneath that hair gel.

I was a BIG Bill Elliott fan back in the day...there's a classy driver (also holds the record for fastest lap ever @ 212.8 MPH and it will stand forever because of restrictor plates).

I can't change my opinions about someone just because they die...it would be dishonest.

Right--throwing beer cans was very much in the mold of Sr, even if he wouldn't condone it today, he liked Gordon, etc. He DROVE like a guy who would throw a beercan at you (or anything else that he had available), even if you were at SBF's BBQ contest. At least that's my recollection. Maybe he was a sweet guy off the track, but he makes Stewart look like a driver's ed instructor. They don't drive like that anymore. (For the record, I am AGAINST throwing things at sporting events, except seat cushions at skins playoff games! )

Soccer is a good sport for ESPN, because the big American Sports are much more expensive to get, and there's always a few (or many) soccer nuts (like myself) who will watch a game. For the record, FOX is kicking ESPN's ass in this department. Smoot, what's up with that?
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #80
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Right--throwing beer cans was very much in the mold of Sr, even if he wouldn't condone it today, he liked Gordon, etc. He DROVE like a guy who would throw a beercan at you (or anything else that he had available), even if you were at SBF's BBQ contest. At least that's my recollection. Maybe he was a sweet guy off the track, but he makes Stewart look like a driver's ed instructor. They don't drive like that anymore. (For the record, I am AGAINST throwing things at sporting events, except seat cushions at skins playoff games! )

Soccer is a good sport for ESPN, because the big American Sports are much more expensive to get, and there's always a few (or many) soccer nuts (like myself) who will watch a game. For the record, FOX is kicking ESPN's ass in this department. Smoot, what's up with that?
What's up with what? FOX vs. ESPN in terms of soccer?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:50 PM   #81
Propane and propane accessories
 
JWsleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Age: 45
Posts: 4,594
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Yes--FOX sports seems (to me anyhow) to have better soccer programming across the board (except for MLS, I suppose). But maybe I'm out of touch, and it does seem that ESPN's on the rise. But Fox's premiership coverage is great, and I think that's the best to watch.

(Of course, I never assumed you had anything to do with this, but I am in the midst of some heavy duty procrastination, so I asked... )
__________________
Hail from Houston!
JWsleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:55 PM   #82
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,795
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep View Post
Yes--FOX sports seems (to me anyhow) to have better soccer programming across the board (except for MLS, I suppose). But maybe I'm out of touch, and it does seem that ESPN's on the rise. But Fox's premiership coverage is great, and I think that's the best to watch.

(Of course, I never assumed you had anything to do with this, but I am in the midst of some heavy duty procrastination, so I asked... )
I'm peripherally involved with soccer. I'd just say that we are on the rise and hope to close the gap sooner than later
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #83
Karma Chameleon (I come and go)
 
jdlea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Annapolis, MD
Age: 30
Posts: 3,088
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

I started to really like Soccer last summer during the World Cup. I tried to equate the feeling when someone's making a run in soccer to the feeling I get when I see a deep ball go up from a QB. Also, guys who can handle the ball the way Ronaldhino can are just fun to watch.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack
Albert Connell is perhaps the worst Redskin I ever had the misfortune of meeting. He's the kind of guy that makes media people covering their favorite team growing up no longer like that team
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 08:25 AM   #84
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,470
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

If you like Ronaldhino, start watching Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United. He's sick when it comes to ball handling.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #85
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

When did they start playing soccer on the track at Talledega?
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #86
The Starter
 
Lady Brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Trinity, NC
Age: 42
Posts: 1,444
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
When did they start playing soccer on the track at Talledega?
They play it in the infield now. They tried playing it on the track, but one team had a distinct advantage over the other because of the inclines.
Lady Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #87
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,470
Re: Disgusting display at Talladega!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
When did they start playing soccer on the track at Talledega?
When has a thread not been hijacked by a mod?

I patiently await my 3 month ban.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.24587 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25