Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Say it ain't so Agent 0

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 12:10 AM   #16
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Basketball works differently than football though. If they cut the player, the player still gets his money, and it kills the team against the cap. That's why you don't see it too often.
Ok. Well Im not a big cap expert with NBA so I dont know. I just recall Gil mentioning he would do this a while back.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2007, 12:13 AM   #17
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Ok. Well Im not a big cap expert with NBA so I dont know. I just recall Gil mentioning he would do this a while back.
I suppose I can't really blame the guy...how many of us wouldn't? I just don't think it's right, and I think contracts should be legally binding. If you suck, so what, you signed a contract...if you kick ass, so what, you signed a contract.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 AM   #18
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

It's pretty standard now a days in these 6 year deals for there to be a team option and a player option to terminate the contract. They can't be on the same year though.

I don't know the specifics of this deal, but I'm sure the Wizards had to give on a few things considering that GA was a restricted free agent and they couldn't let the Warriors match.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:18 AM   #19
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's pretty standard now a days in these 6 year deals for there to be a team option and a player option to terminate the contract. They can't be on the same year though.

I don't know the specifics of this deal, but I'm sure the Wizards had to give on a few things considering that GA was a restricted free agent and they couldn't let the Warriors match.
Thanks. That is good to know.

By the way, you are almost at 13k. Wow that rhymed.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #20
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
It's pretty standard now a days in these 6 year deals for there to be a team option and a player option to terminate the contract. They can't be on the same year though.

I don't know the specifics of this deal, but I'm sure the Wizards had to give on a few things considering that GA was a restricted free agent and they couldn't let the Warriors match.
if he is getting out of it due to an actual out clause option, then I take back my comments...he would be within his contractual rights, and I'm ok with that.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:44 AM   #21
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Thanks. That is good to know.

By the way, you are almost at 13k. Wow that rhymed.
What should I do?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #22
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
What should I do?
Give me a cookie.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:22 AM   #23
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Maybe I'll announce that I'm opting out of my deal after next season. Hey, I hear hailredskins.com is looking for a new mod

Or maybe I'll just spit some rhymes
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #24
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe I'll announce that I'm opting out of my deal after next season. Hey, I hear hailredskins.com is looking for a new mod

Or maybe I'll just spit some rhymes
If you don't want to be here then maybe it is time for you to go. We need mods around here who are willing to put in the time and want to win a championship. Lots of hungry guys would jump at the chance to take your modship. You need to get super smart and mod your guts out to show us your commitment. Earn that extension.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:42 AM   #25
Franchise Player
 
FRPLG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 9,877
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Or you could just roll some rhymes.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:08 AM   #26
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,484
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
If you don't want to be here then maybe it is time for you to go. We need mods around here who are willing to put in the time and want to win a championship. Lots of hungry guys would jump at the chance to take your modship. You need to get super smart and mod your guts out to show us your commitment. Earn that extension.
Hey, it's just business. I'm opting out so I can stay, not so I can leave.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #27
Special Teams
 
CooleyAsCanBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 399
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Maybe I'll announce that I'm opting out of my deal after next season. Hey, I hear hailredskins.com is looking for a new mod

Or maybe I'll just spit some rhymes
Flip a coin and do the opposite.
__________________
The TRUE QB Challenge Champion
CooleyAsCanBe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #28
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Hey, it's just business. I'm opting out so I can stay, not so I can leave.
Do you think if Gibert opts out, that he will stay?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:23 PM   #29
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 26
Posts: 8,606
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Do you think if Gibert opts out, that he will stay?
I think he will. He said it too a couple times, that he wants to remain a Wizard.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,710
Re: Say it ain't so Agent 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
I think he will. He said it too a couple times, that he wants to remain a Wizard.

Steve Nash wanted to remain a Maverick but dumbass Mark Cuban had to not pay him.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26488 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25