Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #91
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,060
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Re: Trade... I love AD's tenacity, consistency and ability to lead the offense for the second team. But I'd definitely do that trade in a second. Daniels isnt' getting any younger and I'd see the Magloire/Wood swap as evening out the age scale for both teams. Jack can play, especially leading a break. Magloire's getting old, but he'd be more than serviceable to hold down the fort for a year or so, giving our young bigs a little more insurance in in the post.

Re: lineup changes... I don't mind Gil at the point, but I've actually been a proponent of him at the 2 for the longest time. When Larry was here, they'd both be adept at bringing the ball up the court... even at Arizona, he switched between guard positions. AI's play has improved moving over to the 2 and Gil wouldn't be any different. A scorer like him would love the freedom to roam a bit more- he'll be able to come off more screens and his range will definitely be showcased a bit more. I've seen more than a few offensive sets that end quickly with Gil jacking an immediate three after bringing the ball up the court. You get a Jack to run point and the ball will move and we'll see the Princeton cuts in full. With that big lineup you suggest, I'd switch out Pech with Thomas (although I'd rather switch out Poet, but we'd need him at C) to form a pretty pass-heavy unit. I really think Blatche makes a statement this season.

Now that I think about it more, that's a brilliant trade suggestion. I see a bigger picture with what you're trying to do. SS, get EG the memo!

If the Wizards want to bring in a big guy that can play defense they should take the expiring contract of theo ratliff from the celtics, or focus on Ak-47 from the Jazz.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #92
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Apparently we drafted Jessica Simpson
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 01:25 PM   #93
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,060
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Apparently we drafted Jessica Simpson

Her boobs would defintely cause a distraction for the opposition and lead to more steals.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #94
Living Legend
 
Monkeydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: PA
Age: 35
Posts: 16,275
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

The Bulls drafted the ugliest player of the draft. Hopefully he can make it at the pro level. I wasn't crazy about him in college but it fills a need for them (PF/C).
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #95
MVP
 
dmek25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: lancaster,pa
Age: 52
Posts: 10,516
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

what was up with that suit Noah was wearing at the draft? talk about ugly. and as a sixer fan, i want G.M. Billy King fired. 3 first rounders, and no one has ever heard of any of the guys. i wanted them to trade for the kid from china, that went to Milwaukee. and i wouldn't have cared if it took all 3 picks. because his contract would have equaled the other 3
__________________
"It's better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt."
courtesy of 53fan
dmek25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #96
Special Teams
 
CooleyAsCanBe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Fairfax, VA
Age: 37
Posts: 413
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If the Wizards want to bring in a big guy that can play defense they should take the expiring contract of theo ratliff from the celtics, or focus on Ak-47 from the Jazz.

Quake,

Interesting idea about Kirilenko. Have you heard any updates on how hard the Jazz are trying to move him? I know he wanted out during last season, and he played really poorly most of the year, so his stock value isn't too high.

I seem to remember he has a pretty huge contract though...
CooleyAsCanBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #97
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,060
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
Quake,

Interesting idea about Kirilenko. Have you heard any updates on how hard the Jazz are trying to move him? I know he wanted out during last season, and he played really poorly most of the year, so his stock value isn't too high.

I seem to remember he has a pretty huge contract though...

They are fielding offers exclusively but it looks like he will stay with Utah.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #98
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Some say we just got a younger version of Kirilenko in Dominic McGuire. In other news, some rumors that the Pistons are actually in trade talks with the Sonics and are offering up Rip. That must be for Rashard Lewis I imagine. It'd be a terrible move for the Sonics, in my opinion.

Also, a bit surprised the Magic haven't made an offer yet to Darko. He wouldn't be bad with the Wizards actually. Solid shot blocker and a great passer.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #99
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,060
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Some say we just got a younger version of Kirilenko in Dominic McGuire. In other news, some rumors that the Pistons are actually in trade talks with the Sonics and are offering up Rip. That must be for Rashard Lewis I imagine. It'd be a terrible move for the Sonics, in my opinion.

Also, a bit surprised the Magic haven't made an offer yet to Darko. He wouldn't be bad with the Wizards actually. Solid shot blocker and a great passer.

r u kidding that would be a gret move for the sonics.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #100
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

How would that be a good move? Especially if they're giving up Lewis for him? I'm not saying they are but that seems to make the most sense. Either way, I think with Green and Durant they don't need Rip

Plus, I hate Rip and I like Saden and he deserves to have a good NBA team out there in the Emerald City
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:56 PM   #101
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

I think Lewis is a UFA after opting out. He's going to go wherever he wants- according to his agent, 20 teams are interested in him... problem is, not many teams have the cap space to fit his 15/per. If he goes to the Magic, the Sonics won't have to work a S&T. I would rather not have to see him in the SE division regularly though.

And yeah, Rip for Rashard is a terrible trade for the Sonics.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #102
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I think Lewis is a UFA after opting out. He's going to go wherever he wants- according to his agent, 20 teams are interested in him... problem is, not many teams have the cap space to fit his 15/per. If he goes to the Magic, the Sonics won't have to work a S&T. I would rather not have to see him in the SE division regularly though.

And yeah, Rip for Rashard is a terrible trade for the Sonics.
Yeah he is scheduled to spend a couple of days in Orlando this week. I think it'll either be there or he stays in Seattle. But there still is the slim possibility he'll want to go someplace like Houston and a sign and trade will be agreed to
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #103
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 12,060
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
How would that be a good move? Especially if they're giving up Lewis for him? I'm not saying they are but that seems to make the most sense. Either way, I think with Green and Durant they don't need Rip

Plus, I hate Rip and I like Saden and he deserves to have a good NBA team out there in the Emerald City

and they dont need another small foward/power foward they just gave up allen if they get hamilton(who is better and a veteran leader unlike Lewis that would be a steal and detriot would be stupid for doing that str8 up.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #104
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,672
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Well, latest is that Rashard has agreed to sign with the Magic for 5 year, $75 million. And the Magic will let Darko become an urestricted free agent. If I'm the Wizards I definitely make a call to Darko's agent now
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 02:13 AM   #105
Playmaker
 
itvnetop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 37
Posts: 2,854
Re: The Official 2007 NBA Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, latest is that Rashard has agreed to sign with the Magic for 5 year, $75 million. And the Magic will let Darko become an urestricted free agent. If I'm the Wizards I definitely make a call to Darko's agent now
Damn you're fast, man! I was just about to mention this... looks like the SE is shaping up to be really tough.
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.32807 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25