Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2008, 03:37 PM   #1
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,738
Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Tony Stewart takes the checkered flag and Kyle Busch finishes 2nd in Daytona as Joe Gibbs Racing revs up the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series

Not a bad start for JGR and Toyota eh Jsarno?

(let's see how they do tomorrow at the 500)
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2008, 11:25 PM   #2
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Tony Stewart takes the checkered flag and Kyle Busch finishes 2nd in Daytona as Joe Gibbs Racing revs up the 2008 NASCAR Nationwide Series

Not a bad start for JGR and Toyota eh Jsarno?

(let's see how they do tomorrow at the 500)
I don't really follow the nationwide series, just Sprint. To win in the minor leagues doesn't impress me. To win when it matters does.
Although, I do admit, they are looking strong right now...the COT really helped this conversion more than I thought.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #3
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,738
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
I don't really follow the nationwide series, just Sprint. To win in the minor leagues doesn't impress me. To win when it matters does.
Although, I do admit, they are looking strong right now...the COT really helped this conversion more than I thought.
Nationwide matters. Paid my bills for a year and a half

But I hear ya, tomorrow should be fun. Yes, the COT and JGR's deep pockets and skilled engineers is definitely helping the transition. Of course, that's what I told you last year
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #4
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Nationwide matters. Paid my bills for a year and a half

But I hear ya, tomorrow should be fun. Yes, the COT and JGR's deep pockets and skilled engineers is definitely helping the transition. Of course, that's what I told you last year
LOL...yes you did. However, the season hasn't started yet. That's like getting all excited when the Skins go 4-1 in the preseason and score the most points in preseason history (like Spurrier's first season).
I don't expect to see that kind of collapse, but you never know.

I didn't mean to belittle nationwide, just saying it's the minor leagues, Sprint cup is where it's at and where I focus my attention. I did not set the DVR to record todays event even though I have like 80 available hours of space...but I am sure as hell setting the DVR for tomorrow's race...the one where Jeff Gordon takes the checkered.

Fact is, I am concerned that Stewart will challenge Hendrick's this year more than I am hoping for. Gibbs racing is looking good.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #5
Special Teams
 
bigm29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mt. Laurel, NJ
Age: 26
Posts: 353
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Go Gibbs cars!! and y hasnt the race started yet?? what happened to the days when it went green at 1pm this is bullsh**
__________________
Hail Redskins!!!
bigm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Impact Rookie
 
4mrusmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Age: 44
Posts: 559
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

So much for JG staying at home more to be with his family. I guess that was a bunch of crap to get out of coaching football. But, what he does with his time is his buisiness.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #7
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,738
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mrusmc View Post
So much for JG staying at home more to be with his family. I guess that was a bunch of crap to get out of coaching football. But, what he does with his time is his buisiness.
Not a bunch of crap at all. His team's headquarters are in North Carolina, and so is home. Plus his son is the President of JGR, his other son runs their motocross unit. And going to some races here and there is not the same as working 15 hour days 6-7 days a week at Redskin Park.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:20 PM   #8
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Not a bunch of crap at all. His team's headquarters are in North Carolina, and so is home. Plus his son is the President of JGR, his other son runs their motocross unit. And going to some races here and there is not the same as working 15 hour days 6-7 days a week at Redskin Park.
All good points. I'm ready for the great American race to get rollin!

Its hard now for me to root for JGR with the change to yotas. I'm the biggest JG fan. But, my race car I pulling for has to be pushin a Chevy.

But I only wish JGR the VERY BEST!
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #9
Impact Rookie
 
Skins fan 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brazil, IN
Age: 43
Posts: 883
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigm29 View Post
Go Gibbs cars!! and y hasnt the race started yet?? what happened to the days when it went green at 1pm this is bullsh**
No kidding it sucks waiting all afternoon for the race to get started. It all is a show with the pre race show and all. It is probably something about thinking they can get better ratings if they do it which is BS. It is odd seeing the race finish when it is dark.
__________________
HTTR!
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins fan 44 View Post
No kidding it sucks waiting all afternoon for the race to get started. It all is a show with the pre race show and all. It is probably something about thinking they can get better ratings if they do it which is BS. It is odd seeing the race finish when it is dark.
It's worked for me. I celebrated my wife's b-day today...I made sure to record it on the DVR (says start was noon here in mountain time) and I just got home and sure enough the race hasn't even started yet...as of right now they still haven't started. LOL. That's 1:45 minutes after they said it would start.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

We are now under way!!!!!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #12
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Was it possibly under a rain delay???
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,738
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

No, green flag was always scheduled to be around 3:30p. Just like last year
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,738
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
It's worked for me. I celebrated my wife's b-day today...I made sure to record it on the DVR (says start was noon here in mountain time) and I just got home and sure enough the race hasn't even started yet...as of right now they still haven't started. LOL. That's 1:45 minutes after they said it would start.
Today's your wife's birthday?
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #15
Impact Rookie
 
Skins fan 44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Brazil, IN
Age: 43
Posts: 883
Re: Joe Gibbs Back to Racing...Back to Winning

No delay just that is what time they start the race now.
__________________
HTTR!
Skins fan 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.26965 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25