Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Basketball. Didn't realize that accidentally saying field instead of court would confuse you as to which sport we were talking about. Now that we're on the same page, can we continue?
(you're not the only person that has the sarcasm bone)



It won't matter cause Washington and Boston won't meet. We are the elite, and you are the posers. You won't beat Cleveland first round (assuming that is who you will face).

It seems that Boston has difficulty with athletic teams, but given the chance to face them in a 7 game series, the Celts would prepare better for it. But again, it's all moot cause you will be dismissed far before you'll have to face the best team in basketball in a series.

ps- you were only up by 2 at half. Don't underestimate the importance of Rondo.
Wow Jsarno you really are boasting a little prematurely, don't you think? I mean, they are good but give the Wizards props. They have Boston's number.

Anyway, funny story from last night. I was coming from the Nationals game which let out about the same time as the Wizards/Celtics.

So we get to the Metro stop where the Wizards crowd and the Nationals crowd converged on the same platform. People are everywhere, right! You know folks are kind of chatting among themselves in a normal kind of way, but you could tell everyone had been drinking. So this drunk ass Wizards fan starts yelling from the over pass (we're under ground, but he's overlooking the crowd) "All Celtics suck! No Celtics fans allowed on the train!" Folks just erupted and started cheering the guy. I swear I thought the cops were gonna haul his ass away.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #32
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12thMan View Post
Wow Jsarno you really are boasting a little prematurely, don't you think? I mean, they are good but give the Wizards props. They have Boston's number.
I did.
Quote:
Congrats on the win.
Sorry though, I am not going to sit here and think that the Wizards are better when the Celts are 21 games better. That's a HUGE difference.
The only teams I will worry about are Detroit and who makes it out of the west.

Quote:
Anyway, funny story from last night. I was coming from the Nationals game which let out about the same time as the Wizards/Celtics.

So we get to the Metro stop where the Wizards crowd and the Nationals crowd converged on the same platform. People are everywhere, right! You know folks are kind of chatting among themselves in a normal kind of way, but you could tell everyone had been drinking. So this drunk ass Wizards fan starts yelling from the over pass (we're under ground, but he's overlooking the crowd) "All Celtics suck! No Celtics fans allowed on the train!" Folks just erupted and started cheering the guy. I swear I thought the cops were gonna haul his ass away.
There are always those kinds of losers in any collection of fans. Funny if you are a fan, but none the less an issue if an opposing fan was within the area and was just as drunk.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:52 PM   #33
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
If Wiz get home advantage over Cavs we will see you. Also your 7 game series argument is not valid. before last game we still beat you in a "3-game series) 2/3 and including last game showed we can win in a best outta 5 series.
I said SERIES, not a collection of games over the course of the season. When you have a SERIES, then you prepare for that opponant in a much different way.
Also, you have 4 games left and are 2 games behind the Cavs. You are facing a few tough teams...Detroit, Phily, and Orlando. (you should beat Indiana without any issues)
So what you're saying is the 21 games the Celts are above the Wizards don't mean anything cause the Wizards are better?
Maybe it is you that needs to check the standings and give the Celts a little credit.

Quote:
Damn Js, you are starting to act like 8588 does with hockey and my hatred for the Celts is increasing exponentially. All SS did was post about a Wiz win and you are just trash talking to create a stir.
HAHAHA...the thread was dead and SS makes a "random" post about how the Celts lost to the Wizards and you think I am the one trying to cause a stir????? Amazing.
Congrats SS, you somehow make others look the other way when you make an instigating post.
I didn't have anything against the wizards until this thread. I'm all for being a fan, but come on.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #34
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
All SS did was post about a Wiz win and you are just trash talking to create a stir.
I still find this to be quite astonishing.
Last post on this thread was on 3/25.
15 days later on 4/9 SS writes this "Wizards beat the Celtics 109-95 on Wednesday night, 3rd straight win over the Celtics".
And I'm the one causing a stir?????


ps- you are only 5-4 in the span of 3/25-4/9. The Celts are 7-1 in that same span.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 PM   #35
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Ok now you are being way too literal. If anything SS is preventing an extra thread about a Wiz win to be created, so he posted the win in a related thread about the Wizards.

This kind of practice happens, and is encouraged for all threads to make less clutter on this site. You and I both know this.

Credit goes to the Celts either way. I don't think any Pats fans needed credit last season to know they were one of the best due to the record. Celtics gain that respect de facto based on record. The point is the Wiz have their number.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #36
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Ok now you are being way too literal. If anything SS is preventing an extra thread about a Wiz win to be created, so he posted the win in a related thread about the Wizards.

This kind of practice happens, and is encouraged for all threads to make less clutter on this site. You and I both know this.

Credit goes to the Celts either way. I don't think any Pats fans needed credit last season to know they were one of the best due to the record. Celtics gain that respect de facto based on record. The point is the Wiz have their number.
You are right...right now, they do have their number. I don't expect that to continue when the playoffs start though.

However, don't think SS wasn't poking a little jab at me and the Celts. He was. It's all good though, that makes these kinds of threads fun. Now if only everyone could take these little pokes better...say maybe about Stewart or something????
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:03 PM   #37
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

So you suggest he create a new thread about the win?? Come on Js, the point is not to encourage creating new threads.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM   #38
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
So you suggest he create a new thread about the win?? Come on Js, the point is not to encourage creating new threads.
Why should you post any comment at all about the win???? It's not thread worthy at all. You didn't move up or down. Like I pointed out, you're 5-4 in that span, if you don't want to see the actual instigation behind it, that's your choice. Why not mention the other 4 wins? Why not mention that the Wizards are only 5-6, .455 with Arenas in the lineup this year? Which means they are 36-31, .537 without him.
Or is it more likely the last few posts in this thread before SS's post were about the Celts and therefore SS's post?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #39
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

My main point of bringing up the game was actually to talk about Gil's shoes. I was going to start a new thread about how he was rockin' his Redskins shoes but then it just made more sense to continue this thread because of the tie-in with the Celtics and how this thread left off with Celtics/Wizards discussion.

I'm not ignorant (1310 SAT, MBA Marketing Management, 3.72 GPA ) I realize that the Celtics are the cream of the crop for the Eastern Conference regular season and that ultimately all this did for the Wizards was give their top 3 stars a rare chance to play together this year and do so very effectively against a strong team. I also know that the Celtics' top three players have a bit of a stigma attached to them as to their ability to be successful in the postseason. So we shall see.

I didn't start that post to instigate anyone or anything
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #40
MVP
 
12thMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: washington, D.C.
Posts: 11,456
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

I still think the guy at the Metro was funny.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #41
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
My main point of bringing up the game was actually to talk about Gil's shoes. I was going to start a new thread about how he was rockin' his Redskins shoes but then it just made more sense to continue this thread because of the tie-in with the Celtics and how this thread left off with Celtics/Wizards discussion.

I'm not ignorant (1310 SAT, MBA Marketing Management, 3.72 GPA ) I realize that the Celtics are the cream of the crop for the Eastern Conference regular season and that ultimately all this did for the Wizards was give their top 3 stars a rare chance to play together this year and do so very effectively against a strong team. I also know that the Celtics' top three players have a bit of a stigma attached to them as to their ability to be successful in the postseason. So we shall see.

I didn't start that post to instigate anyone or anything
Nice GPA, I could only muster a 3.5. We had a similar SAT, although you got me by 20.

You didn't make a comment about the Celts with even the slightest thought that I, or any Celts fan, would comment on it? Come on SS...
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #42
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Nice GPA, I could only muster a 3.5. We had a similar SAT, although you got me by 20.

You didn't make a comment about the Celts with even the slightest thought that I, or any Celts fan, would comment on it? Come on SS...
To paraphrase my sig...you're so vain, you probably think my posts are about you
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #43
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Seriously though, in retrospect I'm not surprised you commented on it. But when I posted I didn't do it thinking you would or trying to get you to
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:01 AM   #44
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
To paraphrase my sig...you're so vain, you probably think my posts are about you
Hmmm, I seem to recall someone overreacting about a stewart thread and it wasn't meant to attack at all. You even gave me a negative rating for it even though it wasn't mean at all. You just took it personally. Interesting word...vain.

You can say what you want, and quite frankly, I expected you to lie about it. Not sure why you would admit you were trying to rib someone, but if you had the guts you'd admit it.
Oh well...you did exactly what I expected you to do. Just can't figure out why it matters to you though. I think it's all out of fun. It gets people to post here, and isn't that the point? I'm not saying you were wrong for doing so, but I know your intent, and you know your intent even if you don't admit it. Don't mistake my posts as anger. I find most of these posts laughable.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #45
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,678
Re: Wizardsí Arenas Nears Return From Knee Surgery

The Stewart post was an entirely different situation which we already discussed through PM, and that should stay there.

If you think I'm lying about this thread, that's fine. No skin off my back.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31081 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25