Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #46
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
The Wizards are #1, Redskins gonna win super bowl, and the National will win the world series.
LOL...well when that happens (excuse me, IF that happens) then we can talk. Until then, enjoy arguing that you're even 2nd. It's debatable. Boston being #1 is not.

BTW- did anyone see the great games yesterday? San Antonio vs Phoenix and the Bruins vs Canadiens? Wow...great games! The Bruins game is probably the best hockey game I have seen in over a decade.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #47
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
speaking of bitchy and whiney, weren't you the guy who called for Gibbs head and made comments about how horrible the skins were???
Not to be a di*k, but didn't you start this thread?
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #48
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Not to be a di*k, but didn't you start this thread?
LOL...K.

If you paid attention, you would notice that I did that thread title in honor of jamf who did 500 of those types of threads...and if you read the thread, I didn't want to fire Gibbs, but was upset with the play calling, and questioned having Betts in at the end of the game instead of Portis. I still say that was stupid.
There are plenty of threads in which I defend Gibbs and his tenure here and not wanting him to leave. Maybe you should post those too. Didn't you get upset at me when I defended Gibbs and the Redskins to a fault when some yahoos were ready to call it a season during a game day thread. The ones that said "game over" after half and we were UP? You're barking up the wrong tree buddy.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:39 PM   #49
Playmaker
 
skinsfan_nn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newport News,Virginia
Age: 49
Posts: 4,495
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Not to be a di*k, but didn't you start this thread?
Now thats a good catch! Well, let me see so you call the guy out and YOU started the thread with a post like:

(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!

Certainly not the smartest move. ^ Oh well movin on......

On to the thread topic....I hope the Wizards can rebound, even though not a big basketball fan. I happened to be at Verizon Center yesterday for a game and one of the boys sitting with us happens to be a season ticket holder to Wizard basketball, and while their game ended before ours did and they lost. I ask him about the chances of the home team winning the series. I recall him saying I think Cleveland but could be wrong as I'm not a big follower and I was pre-occupied with the game at hand, he didn't like the chances of the Wizards.
__________________
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #50
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...K.

If you paid attention, you would notice that I did that thread title in honor of jamf who did 500 of those types of threads...and if you read the thread, I didn't want to fire Gibbs, but was upset with the play calling, and questioned having Betts in at the end of the game instead of Portis. I still say that was stupid.
There are plenty of threads in which I defend Gibbs and his tenure here and not wanting him to leave. Maybe you should post those too. Didn't you get upset at me when I defended Gibbs and the Redskins to a fault when some yahoos were ready to call it a season during a game day thread. The ones that said "game over" after half and we were UP? You're barking up the wrong tree buddy.
I'm still trying to remember when Redskin called for Gibbs' head and made comments about how horrible the team is/was.

Oh well
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #51
Franchise Player
 
Sheriff Gonna Getcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 35
Posts: 8,317
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
LOL...K.

If you paid attention, you would notice that I did that thread title in honor of jamf who did 500 of those types of threads...and if you read the thread, I didn't want to fire Gibbs, but was upset with the play calling, and questioned having Betts in at the end of the game instead of Portis. I still say that was stupid.
There are plenty of threads in which I defend Gibbs and his tenure here and not wanting him to leave. Maybe you should post those too. Didn't you get upset at me when I defended Gibbs and the Redskins to a fault when some yahoos were ready to call it a season during a game day thread. The ones that said "game over" after half and we were UP? You're barking up the wrong tree buddy.
Wait, I'm confused. So you weren't calling Gibbs out? You were just pretending to react to the playcalling as jamf would have? Or you were pissed about Gibbs? Iwas just pointing out that you complained, rightly or wrongly, about Gibbs and so it didn't seem fair to call someone else out for doing so.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #52
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Now thats a good catch! Well, let me see so you call the guy out and YOU started the thread with a post like:

(in honor of jamf)

What the hell is wrong with him that he STILL think conservative play calling is the way to go? The coaching lost this game for us plain and simple and it's getting to be like this week in and week out. We were all shocked last week when Campbell went deep for Moss (moss missed it) and I think Gibbs felt that was a mistake and wouldn't allow it again or something. How horrendous!

Certainly not the smartest move. ^ Oh well movin on......
And how is that? I questioned his play calling, something every fan did...and most acknowledged in that thread, especially the 2 running plays with Betts instead of Portis.
This has nothing, I repeat for those of you that can't read, NOTHING to do with wanting Gibbs out of town. Nice try though.

Quote:
On to the thread topic....I hope the Wizards can rebound, even though not a big basketball fan. I happened to be at Verizon Center yesterday for a game and one of the boys sitting with us happens to be a season ticket holder to Wizard basketball, and while their game ended before ours did and they lost. I ask him about the chances of the home team winning the series. I recall him saying I think Cleveland but could be wrong as I'm not a big follower and I was pre-occupied with the game at hand, he didn't like the chances of the Wizards.
They won't. Like I pointed out before, they aren't good enough. The wizards are too interested in talking, and not interested in winning. It's OK to hope, but even if they do luckily get past the Cavs, they won't beat the C's in round 2.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:01 PM   #53
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Gonna Getcha View Post
Wait, I'm confused. So you weren't calling Gibbs out? You were just pretending to react to the playcalling as jamf would have? Or you were pissed about Gibbs? Iwas just pointing out that you complained, rightly or wrongly, about Gibbs and so it didn't seem fair to call someone else out for doing so.
I think you're missing my point. I certainly called him out for his play calling...never disputed that. But I did not want him to retire, or get fired, or leave, or whatever. There is a big difference there. I was one of the FEW that beleived Gibbs would turn it around, and I was one of the FEW that stood there and took shot after shot by people here cause I was being "blind". I even started a thread about letting all of those that were negative all season off the hook and gathered together as Skins fans.
So did I question Gibbs playcalling, you're damn right I did. It sucked, and I still stand by that.
Was I one of the select few here that stood up for the Gibbs and the Skins when we had 5 wins and 4 games left, you're damn right there too.

So I am unsure of why you think I am calling someone out for wanting Gibbs fired / retired while all I did was question his playcalling.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:03 PM   #54
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,921
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

If you guys dont stop I will turn the car around and NO ONE will get any frozen yogurt
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #55
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If you guys dont stop I will turn the car around and NO ONE will get any frozen yogurt
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

We can't stop until Redskin has veen vindicated!!!
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:30 PM   #56
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Uh oh, Arenas has a sprained right wrist, doesn't tell how bad the injury is, hope for the best.
Arenas has sprained right wrist - Wizards Insider
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #57
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
If you guys dont stop I will turn the car around and NO ONE will get any frozen yogurt
That's funny.
Reminds me of the far side cartoon where the driver says, "so help me, if you don't shut up, I'll drive us off the first cliff I see."
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #58
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,626
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
Uh oh, Arenas has a sprained right wrist, doesn't tell how bad the injury is, hope for the best.
Arenas has sprained right wrist - Wizards Insider
Yikes. That's not good. Hopefully he can play through the pain (and play effectively). Either way the other guys need to step up big time.
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM   #59
MVP
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Age: 26
Posts: 11,829
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylor21 View Post
Uh oh, Arenas has a sprained right wrist, doesn't tell how bad the injury is, hope for the best.
Arenas has sprained right wrist - Wizards Insider
Damn, that's not good. I hope it gets better before we play tomorrow night. With our struggles on offense it's not gonna help if Arenas can't be as effective as he was in game 1. On the bright side it doesn't sound like anything that will be a huge problem, I just hope it doesn't effect his shot.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #60
Special Teams
 
SeanTaylor21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Age: 21
Posts: 445
Re: Official Wizards vs Cavaliers Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Damn, that's not good. I hope it gets better before we play tomorrow night. With our struggles on offense it's not gonna help if Arenas can't be as effective as he was in game 1. On the bright side it doesn't sound like anything that will be a huge problem, I just hope it doesn't effect his shot.
Yes, some good news, Gilbert will play tonight, hopefully effectively.
ESPN - Arenas expected to play Game 2 vs. Cavs despite sprained right wrist - NBA
__________________
“The unexamined life is not worth living.” Socrates

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6...rmationgg7.jpg

http://www.thehogs.net/sean-taylor/burgundy_heart.jpg
SeanTaylor21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.38907 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25