Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Reports: Manny Ramirez suspended for performance-enhancing drugs - Latest News - sacbee.com

I'm laughing at this, cause I was just at a Dodgers game a couple weeks ago(with my Red Sox hat on) and got some crap from people around me. I told them they would grow tired of Mannys antics like Sox fans did, and while he's a great hitter, would not be surprised if he took steroids to get himself back to his old self...everyone laughed at me. Who's laughing now??? LOL.

LONG LIVE JASON BAY!

Just in case no one noticed, Bay was doing BETTER than Manny at a fraction of the cost this year. Such a great move!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Reports: Manny Ramirez suspended for performance-enhancing drugs - Latest News - sacbee.com

I'm laughing at this, cause I was just at a Dodgers game a couple weeks ago(with my Red Sox hat on) and got some crap from people around me. I told them they would grow tired of Mannys antics like Sox fans did, and while he's a great hitter, would not be surprised if he took steroids to get himself back to his old self...everyone laughed at me. Who's laughing now??? LOL.

LONG LIVE JASON BAY!

Just in case no one noticed, Bay was doing BETTER than Manny at a fraction of the cost this year. Such a great move!
Manny was probably the best hitter in baseball in the second half of last year. He's a stud. Jason Bay is really good too, just saying. I wouldn't really brag about trading Ramirez.

Getting rid of Papi would have been better for you guys than dumping Manny. Not that it was really a viable option, but I think it's funny how Papi suddenly can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

If what Manny is saying is true - a doctor prescribed him medication that led to a positive test- then it's not like the guy was juicing.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Franchise Player
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,636
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

I bet it is Pot. Manny is a dumb ass all around. Like all good things the Papi/ Manny combo need to come to an end.

I really wish Terry F. would move Ortiz down or out of the line up. I rather see Bay and Drew in the three/ four spot at this point. The pig is cooked time to move on.
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I bet it is Pot. Manny is a dumb ass all around. Like all good things the Papi/ Manny combo need to come to an end.

I really wish Terry F. would move Ortiz down or out of the line up. I rather see Bay and Drew in the three/ four spot at this point. The pig is cooked time to move on.
JD Drew was a gigantic waste of money and is more fragile than fine china.

Sorry, I can't stand the Red Sox. The only thing I like about them is how much they hate the Yankees.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:17 PM   #5
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I bet it is Pot. Manny is a dumb ass all around. Like all good things the Papi/ Manny combo need to come to an end.
Well, he said it was from a prescription (ya right) that the doctor and himself were unaware it had a banned substance. No one seems to know what substance it is as of yet.
On a side note, how is weed a "performance enhancer"? Don't understand why sports use that "logic".

Quote:
I really wish Terry F. would move Ortiz down or out of the line up. I rather see Bay and Drew in the three/ four spot at this point. The pig is cooked time to move on.
Yeah, he is not doing well. Only batting .229. He is 4 for his last 9 though with 2 rbi in 3 games. Maybe he is coming out of it? Maybe sit Ortiz for a couple games when he goes into another slump. He is in too demanding of a position to be hitting so poorly.
I would not be surprised if someone comes out and Ortiz is mentioned as using steriods.
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
JD Drew was a gigantic waste of money and is more fragile than fine china.

Sorry, I can't stand the Red Sox. The only thing I like about them is how much they hate the Yankees.
Anyone who hates the yankees is a class act in my book!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #7
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Main thing I hate about boston fans is that they didn't exist until the Sox came back down 3-0 on the Yankees.

I swear I saw zero Red Sox hats before and now it is just everywhere. It makes me sick.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Main thing I hate about boston fans is that they didn't exist until the Sox came back down 3-0 on the Yankees.

I swear I saw zero Red Sox hats before and now it is just everywhere. It makes me sick.
Maybe you are referring to some fair weather fans across the country, but you are dead wrong about Red Sox fans sir. There are more die hard Sox fans than ANY other baseball team out there. They sold out when the team sucked, and people lived for the Sox. Boston is a baseball town, and the love for the Sox runs deep even when they were not winning. There is a reason people cried in the streets after they broke the 86 year drought!
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
‎\m/
 
Mattyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 41
Posts: 81,126
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Sox fans are like Yankee fans, die hard. Living in the Northeast you're pretty much a Yankees fan or a Sox fan, with the Mets in 3rd.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
Mattyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
You did WHAT?!?
 
EARTHQUAKE2689's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Kitchen With Dyna.
Age: 25
Posts: 11,922
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Well, he said it was from a prescription (ya right) that the doctor and himself were unaware it had a banned substance. No one seems to know what substance it is as of yet.
On a side note, how is weed a "performance enhancer"? Don't understand why sports use that "logic".



Yeah, he is not doing well. Only batting .229. He is 4 for his last 9 though with 2 rbi in 3 games. Maybe he is coming out of it? Maybe sit Ortiz for a couple games when he goes into another slump. He is in too demanding of a position to be hitting so poorly.
I would not be surprised if someone comes out and Ortiz is mentioned as using steriods.

That is a good question
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpp3ycMvQd0

This is why you need Mentos. To justify your questionable problem solving skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7geP5ev0VI

Awesome isn't it.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 PM   #11
Most Interesting Man in the World
 
hooskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Age: 27
Posts: 8,606
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
Maybe you are referring to some fair weather fans across the country, but you are dead wrong about Red Sox fans sir. There are more die hard Sox fans than ANY other baseball team out there. They sold out when the team sucked, and people lived for the Sox. Boston is a baseball town, and the love for the Sox runs deep even when they were not winning. There is a reason people cried in the streets after they broke the 86 year drought!
Not a personal attack to you, I guess I am speaking more about the Sox "fans" in the DC area. I am sure if you ask other people from this area they will say the same.
__________________
Vacancy
hooskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #12
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Not a personal attack to you, I guess I am speaking more about the Sox "fans" in the DC area. I am sure if you ask other people from this area they will say the same.
Well, unfortunately every team will have it fair weather fans when they win. I never saw a single celtics jersey or hat out in New Mexico (other than my own) until after the Celts won it all.
After the white sox won the series, they exploded as well. It's common to see more hats / jerseys after a team wins. I just took issue with the vagueness of your comment. I lived through some horrible seasons, and I always came back to the sox...kept my season tickets for years. (gave them to my brother after I left). After the Sox won the series vs the Yanks, I was on the horn trying to get tickets to a WS game...got game 6. My wife and I flew up there and since there was no game 6 (sweep) we were there for the parade...front row seats. I knew the Cards wouldn't beat us...curse or not. I got an autogrpahed ball from every player that started, and I blew up pictures and made an entire room out of it. I will admit it, I cried when we won the series. I remembered what my uncles, and older relatives went through, and I heard the stories of how they haven't won since 1918 blah, blah...it wasn't just a regular world series ring, it was a win for an entire fan base that suffered through tough times. Elderly people that were on the verge of death, died off that night KNOWING their team finally pulled off the biggest of the big! I get chills just thinking about it.
So I don't mean to take things personally...I just know there are millions upon millions of die hard sox fans out there that would love to disagree with you.

About Manny...funny, the drug he got caught with was something people take after they did a cycle of steroids. tsk, tsk...I wonder if they are going to burn down Mannywood?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
Franchise Player
 
jsarno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 31 Spooner St.
Age: 39
Posts: 9,534
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

WOW...with all the pub this is getting, you would think it was the end of the world. Does this REALLY shock anyone?
__________________
Zoltan is ZESTY! - courtesy of joeredskin
jsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
Living Legend
 
GTripp0012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Evanston, IL
Age: 26
Posts: 15,994
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

The only thing I really have to say about this, is that: the Royals are now 18-11.
__________________
according to a source with knowledge of the situation.
GTripp0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
Playmaker
 
BDBohnzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Frederick, MD
Age: 35
Posts: 4,465
Re: Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for performance enhancing drugs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
The only thing I really have to say about this, is that: the Royals are now 18-11.
Thanks to Zack Greinke, who has 6 of those 18 wins and a 0.40 ERA. The other starters are a combined 8-8.
__________________
Bad Things man, I mean bad things...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.31546 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25