Warpath  

Home | Forums | Salary Cap Info | Shop | Donate | Stay Connected




Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports


college football 2009 thread

Other Sports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM   #61
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Id say the Big East, Big Ten, and ACC are all over hyped
the big ten definitely is, the SEC is depth wise. very top heavy. i disagree about the ACC or big east, neither are really hyped at all, in fact people put them down more than anything.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #62
Playmaker
 
WaldSkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Age: 31
Posts: 2,726
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
the big ten definitely is, the SEC is depth wise. very top heavy. i disagree about the ACC or big east, neither are really hyped at all, in fact people put them down more than anything.
Id say they are over-hyped because of there automatic BCS bids.
__________________
"I would change that around, Jesus isn't Cutler. I guarantee you Jesus couldnt thread the ball like Jay does."-Monksdown
WaldSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #63
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,189
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Id say they are over-hyped because of there automatic BCS bids.
so do you think the sec is the only conference to get an automatic bowl bid?
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:16 AM   #64
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
1.)Boise State beat Oregon who won the Pac-10
2.)TCU beat BYU( who beat Oklahoma ) and Utah
3.)Who did Ohio State beat?
3.) Which team's would you have take there spots in the BCS?
People look too much into the records. There are 1, 2, and 3 loss teams out there that can take it to all 3 of those programs if given the opportunity. The point is that there needs to be a playoff. If one of those teams can make it through a single elimination playoff and win it all they would have my respect, but as of right now they don't have it.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #65
Playmaker
 
Trample the Elderly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Three Chopt Virginia
Age: 36
Posts: 2,906
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
I think that teams should be scheduling tougher opponents. There's no way a team like Penn State should get BCS consideration playing Akron, Temple, Syracuse, Illinois, and Eastern Illinois. PSU played ONE ranked team the entire season. College football is and always will be about making money.
What isn't?
__________________
A funny thing happened on the way to the temple. The moneychangers bought the priesthood.
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #66
Gamebreaker
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Age: 47
Posts: 12,699
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
What isn't?
gov't health care...

ok i'll go back in the corner now.
__________________
Dirtbag59, sending songs to oblivion 1 writer at a time.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #67
Playmaker
 
mlmdub130's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodbridge, VA
Age: 31
Posts: 3,189
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
People look too much into the records. There are 1, 2, and 3 loss teams out there that can take it to all 3 of those programs if given the opportunity. The point is that there needs to be a playoff. If one of those teams can make it through a single elimination playoff and win it all they would have my respect, but as of right now they don't have it.
playoffs sound great and i used to think that they need to change it, but when you sit back and think about it thats what makes college football so much fun to watch and you always have everyone talking.

next year is the last year under the current aggrement and we could see some change, but with the rise in popularity of college football i don't expect to see a huge change

this debate will go on forever if it goes to playoffs, then certain people will want the bowls back, i don't mind the bowl system, but wouldn't be opposed to a playoff, either way i love watching college football
__________________
"I don't think anybody should have regrets, especially me, ... You don't regret what you do in your life. If you do it, you do it for a reason."

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #68
Mr. Brightside
 
Big C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Age: 28
Posts: 4,439
Re: college football 2009 thread

if the bowl structure is maintained id atleast like to see them up the win number to 8 for bowl elegibility. a 6-6 team should not be able to play in a bowl, im sorry. it makes it not that much of an accomplishment to make a bowl if you can be average or even below average.
__________________
"I don't care what nobody say I'm a be me, stay hood stay real, cause I'm out here grindin'" -Joe Gibbs
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:01 PM   #69
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: college football 2009 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
the big ten definitely is, the SEC is depth wise. very top heavy. i disagree about the ACC or big east, neither are really hyped at all, in fact people put them down more than anything.
I agree with you. The ACC isn't overhyped at all. In fact I know 3 teams off of the top of my head from that confrence who can beat Boise State, Cincy, and TCU. The sad thing is that none of them are anywhere close to the National Championship game even though they have each played at least 3 or 4 top 25 teams and 1 or 2 of those games was to a top 10 opponent. I am talking about Georgia Tech, Miami, and Virginia Tech. All three of which are not only in the ACC, but are all in the Coastal division and had to beat up on each other as well. While I agree that they are not quite deserving of the National Championship game, I believe that they are more worthy than Boise State, Cincy, and TCU.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:13 PM   #70
The Starter
 
budw38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern,Va.
Posts: 2,398
Re: college football 2009 thread

Pryor's performance launches Ohio State past Oregon in Rose Bowl - USATODAY.com . Some nice bowl games , Bowden wins last game at FSU , Paterno and the PSU Lions kill the LSU Tigers and OSU Buckeye's drown the O. Ducks . Auburn and NW had a game also 38-35 OT . And VT spanked the Vols .......
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:06 PM   #71
Playmaker
 
djnemo65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: MA
Age: 33
Posts: 2,836
Re: college football 2009 thread

The Big 10 over-hyped? All I ever hear on TV is people talking about how the conference is no good and will never be able to compete with warm weather schools again. It's looking pretty good today though.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:03 AM   #72
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: college football 2009 thread

Pretty emotional game for me watching Florida in Tim's last game. Man, I'm gonna miss him. I got so spoiled the last 3+ years. The first team in D1 history to win 13 games in consecutive years. The SEC is NFL, Jr. Cincy is easily a top 5 team, and Florida beat the living shit out of them in every aspect of the game. The Gator's athleticism is so far above Cincy's it's almost embarassing.
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #73
Uncle Phil
 
SmootSmack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 44,674
Re: college football 2009 thread

Unbelievable performance by Tebow tonight. Meanwhile Tony Pike has 3 TD passes...yet is averaging less than 4 yards a completion
__________________
You're So Vain...You Probably Think This Sig Is About You
SmootSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:42 AM   #74
Swearinger
 
GMScud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC
Age: 36
Posts: 12,623
Re: college football 2009 thread

"I plan on being the head coach of the Florida Gators." - Urban Meyer, when presented the Sugar Bowl trophy. Oh yeah......
__________________
Insert witty signature here
GMScud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 PM   #75
Inactive
 
KLHJ2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: DC Metro Area
Age: 36
Posts: 5,829
Re: college football 2009 thread

Wow! I am so glad that undefeated Ciny played a hell of a game against Florida last night, I mean wow! I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish! I mean, what a nailbiter!

Translation:

Holy Shit, why in the hell does a team like Ciny get matched up against a team like Florida; just because they're record reflects an undefeated season? The Gamecocks could go undefeated in the Big East right now. I couldn't stand to watch the game past the second quarter. It was like watching the Giants versus the Redskins. I mean WTF is up with the BCS? They should just take the "C" out and call it BS!
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site is not officially affiliated with the Washington Redskins or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.34040 seconds with 9 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0 RC5

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25